PDA

View Full Version : Suspected Faulty Stick

vab206
11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello, i believe i have a bad stick of dominator. model # CM2X1024-8500C5D, im assuming that the pair number is 08120530 (not sure if that helps) but anytime this stick is in my computer it hangs on post with the DET DRAM notification on my LCD poster. i can have it in solo, any slot, with its matched stick or with my other matched pair and it dosent help at all. im running all my ram @ its intended settings of 2.1v 1066mhz 5-5-5-15-2t.

if theres anything i can test to make sure its bad before i enter in a request for RMA, i do have a question about the RMA's tho. how long do they last... i put in for one on another set of rams then my mother had some trouble and spent 35 days in the hospital and im wiery about sending them after that period of time.'

thanks a bunch

whe3ls
11-23-2008, 09:05 PM
mem test would be the best way to test your ram

SoulsCollective
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Corsair are generally pretty good about RMA times. As for how to test it, yes, definitely Memtest, but from reading your post it looks like you can't even boot with the stick in your motherboard, so Memtest is going to be of no use here. If you can, try it in another system to confirm, and if it still doesn't boot I'd say you've got a dodgy stick on your hands.

Yellowbeard
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
If you cannot even boot with the suspect module, please go ahead and RMA the pair. We'll replace them ASAP.

CORSAIR RMA LINK (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx)