PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on New Xbox Experience?

ferrari_freak
11-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Well it just got released today. People have been going on about this for months and now that its finally out I'm kind of disappointed. There's so many advertisements and so many menus. What happened to simplicity? I'm scrolling up and down with names that vaguely describe what the menu has to offer, and then I'm stuck scrolling side to side. Only thing I like is the ability to install games to HDD (makes Forza load times way faster). Anyway, rant over, tell me what you guys think.

UZ7
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I think its alright, they're trying to make it more family oriented/friendly since it is closing to the Christmas season. So far everything seems as much as I expected, netflix works pretty well/fast now. One of the features I was going for was mainly the HD installation, I love how quiet my 360 is now as well as being able to support 1680x1050 resolution so it looks pretty nice now rather than being all stretched. I just went out and bought a 120gig HD cause my 20giger was getting full. My rockband DLCs were taking up 3.2gigs already. Overall it will most likely continue to improve but for now people just gotta get used to it if they dont like it. I kinda like some of the multiplayer/party feature, it tells me which of my friends are playing my current game and with the party feature I can invite them all easily to my games. So far I'm satisfied with the update :).

Lestat
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
i just want to see the ban rate and RROD rate after the update. not cuz i care, i dont i am just curious.

and as with all things microsoft they made things way more complicated,, i have no idea what f'ing retard runs the overall programming dept at MS but their a$$ needs beaten badly...
from Vista, to Windows 7 and now NXE,, they just cant stop making things more and more fvcking complicated....

things which were easy and a few clicks away are now deeper and harder to get to.... stupid, beyond stupid...
but its flashy and can install games to the hard drive... which is ok, but only benefits you if you own a 120gb hard drive, or a couple of them...

PhxProvost
11-20-2008, 01:10 AM
i dont know, i just looked through all of it and its alright at best :shrug: things didnt really get that complicated........i feel it actually got easier. within the menu you can bring up with the center button you can pretty much do anything you need to.....check it out:up:

UZ7
11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
For those of you who are wondering what are the load times for some games that are installed into the HD here are some results.

http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/so-how-much-time-are-you-saving-xbox-360-nxe-hard-drive-install-chart/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341808

Games such as Halo 3 is actually worse because the game was optimize to cache to the HD from the DVD frequently, so if it was installed to the HD it would cache onto itself and basically slowdown the loadtime progress.

Other than that most of the numbers were about similar to the ones ive installed myself as well.

moose517
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
i like the new xbox experience other than the fact that it freezes my xbox when in the friends area, my buddy and his roommate have the same problem with theres, heck i had to unplug my xbox to get it to shut off to restart it.

KoolDrew
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Well it just got released today. People have been going on about this for months and now that its finally out I'm kind of disappointed. There's so many advertisements and so many menus. What happened to simplicity? I'm scrolling up and down with names that vaguely describe what the menu has to offer, and then I'm stuck scrolling side to side. Only thing I like is the ability to install games to HDD (makes Forza load times way faster). Anyway, rant over, tell me what you guys think.

My thoughts are the same. I would much prefer something a bit simpler.

MaadDaawg
12-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I DON'T LIKE IT :mad::mad::mad:

:down:

rob1101
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I like the party system, and the updated menu when you press the center button. I haven't really had that much time to mess with it though.

deathman20
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I like it. Its not bad the party feature is intresting though haven't really had time to play with it too much.

As said, it is annoying with some of the menu systems, would be nice if it started on game files, not New News or what ever it is. And definatly like the new X-Box button menu system ingame, its much quicker and nicer looking IMO.