PDA

View Full Version : Blackops northbridge top cad files request

UNIXgod
11-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone has dimensions or links with dimensions or CAD files or any information on building a Blackops northbridge top.

I have an interest in building a couple custom non aluminum tops.

Broken
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Contact Iandh. He is making some for Petra's. He just sent a couple brass tops and acetal ones will be following shortly.

Sailindawg
11-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Ian's the man! I have one of the brass tops coming in the mail.

Broken
11-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I am guessing all four went so fast, which is why I never even saw them on the sight. How much was it? I am guessing the acetal's will be cheaper.

Sailindawg
11-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I dealt direct with Ian. I approached him based on some dead end threads from July. Send him a PM. He'll fabricate whatever you would like.

Broken
11-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Lucky bastard. I tried that route too. I wanted an Acrylic top months ago. Now looks like I will settle for acetal or just ditch this board and go with a X58. Have not decided yet.

Sailindawg
11-17-2008, 02:00 PM
lol......why not just get a separate northbridge water cooler? I think that the 3n1 cooler comes completely off, leaving just a copper block over the heat pipes. Be a hella lot cheaper than geting a whole new rig.

UNIXgod
11-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Can make acrylic top for it if I had the cad file. Have access to a milling machine here.

Broken
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Dang, Petra's had some brass tops in stock so ordered one. Glad I did, especially after that thread in the liquid cooling section with the horribly corroded Blackops top... I can understand wanting to save a buck but this was a little ridiculous. Can't wait to see what mine is like. I was using Innovatek protect so hopefully it isn't too bad.

As for ditching this board, I think I solved(finally) this boards issues, but still would like to go X58. Just can't afford it right now.

Sailindawg
11-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Petra's had some brass tops in stock so ordered one.

Some of Ian's handiwork!:up: It did a real nice job with those. Let me know how you make out with it. I haven't bolted mine on yet, too lazy at the moment. ;)

Broken
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, fits like a glove. The stock screws have just enough thread to tighten down as the brass top doesn't have countersunk holes like the stock crappy aluminum one. Great work though! I was surprised my top looked as good as it did. Then again Innovatek fluid is pretty good with mixed metals. Looks like it was starting a little on the threaded part where the fittings scraped away the anodizing... Nothing too bad, but given enough time............ :down:
:shrug:

Sailindawg
12-07-2008, 04:54 AM
That's great to hear Broken. Not so good about the stock top. How are your temps at what volts? What radiator are you using?