PDA

View Full Version : Mod Ideas For An Old Lian Li PC A70

tcorbyn
11-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I sold my PC in order to buy a neahlem but changed the case in order to pass it off as new. Now I am stuck with a spare (black) Lian Li PC A70 case wich isnt in great condition. I picked up a TJ07 on offer so thats what im going to be using for my new rig making the PC-A70 useless. I was going to sell it to raise more cash for the new rig but the money I would get from it would be only pennies so decided to do somthing with it, but WHAT?

It has a window that I cut into it but unfortunately because I got the measurements wrong, I cant have any perspex in it because it wont shut.

Well thats it, what would you guys do? Give me mod ideas!

nzbleach
11-15-2008, 11:32 AM
could have the perspex on the outside like so :
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/chrispchikin/DSC00546.jpg

jdmR
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
nice cm 690!!!

tcorbyn
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, thanks man! The only thing is it would have to screw right onto the inside right? So would still not shut.... :S Tough one....

tcorbyn
11-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Also what about fixing the condition of the inside? I was thinking maybe some sound dampening foam or something similar. It’s probably needless to say after having bought a Nehalem that I am BROKE! So the budget for this is practically nothing! :(

tcorbyn
11-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I think Ive finally got it!! Im gunna fix the bad condition interior by spraying it alll black, thats kinda a given but I cant afford to power coat as im sure i have mentioned that my neahlem rig has taken my every pennie! Now for the clever bit, I have been planning some repairs on an old mach2 unit I have, regas it, change the head and reinsulate the whole thing. What im gunna do is take the mach appat and build it into the lower chamber of the case with some monster cooling on the compressor possibley still kepping the watercooling at the top for the GPU.

1) What do you guys recon of this idea?

2) Do you think it is actually possible to build a mach in that space?