PDA

View Full Version : 3 stager build, part two.

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
First, I wanna ask mods to not delete/move that thread to "builder/customers relation forum", because it`s big project, making at all from 0, and any advices from other builders would be appreciated (in builder/customer forum nobody can`t write).

Ok, so I`m working on german 3 stage cascade. Originally project was done with some problems, for some months decompleted and I started it from beggining.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5706/3stageschemees1.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3stageschemees1.jpg)http://img227.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Here is the scheme (autocascading stage isn`t 100% true, because in real there is more hx). At this momment I can get it -85*C idle (not vacuum, about 0,1bar @ suction).

Compressor on #1 stage is Toshiba 3/4HP. I used captubes, exacly:

190cm of 0,8mm captube for R290
225cm of 0,8mm captube for R23 or CO2 or R170, depends on what I will have
240cm of 0,8mm captube for R1150.

Phase separators from MAPP gas bottles, for me the best.

Whole HX structure has now new, big, insulation box, but inside you can see that:

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/YotoCascade/PICT0187.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/YotoCascade/PICT0189.jpg

I used that autocascade from other customer build, which I had left in my workspace. It`s very strong and has good design, so why not use it.

Compressors on II and III stage will be around 3/4HP and 1HP. Rotary. I`ll use captubes, oil separators made by myself.

I stage is R290/R744/R1150 mixture, second will be pure R1150, third R14 with some methane and argon.

Everything is on very small, steel plate with wheels. Unit will have two dual cut-off switches, manometers.

If I`ll get photos, I`ll put them here as fast possible.

For now that`s all. Will show fast progress :up:

Luke

Xeon th MG Pony
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Luke how is it you get your hands on plate HXs and compressors but not the proper copper fittings? You need to work more on your fabricating, you do great technical work but now you need to move on to stream lining the fabrication side of things. This will improve your assembly speed and accuracy and ensure no leaks on the first go.

HawaiianSupermn
11-13-2008, 10:29 AM
So how cold will this beast be? :D

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
yeap, I know that I have problem with that.

But at all my "piping" skills will be improved in II and III stage, I works and I don`t wanna "unassemble" it. That work has more than 2 years and it`s leak free, so I`m happy with that.

So how cold will this beast be? :D

Would be nice to see -120-125*C loaded :). Who cares about idle ? It looks cool and girls are screaming when see -150C lol.

august123
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
it seems like the compressors are much too small for an proper load >200W like new cpus on third stage.
but i look forward to see your captube results with R-14!

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 10:44 AM
If need, there shouldn`t be problem with changing compressors for bigger ones.

MaSell
11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
What is the point in building this unit? Novadays cpus are much "higher" coldbugged than C2Ds. I heared about -60'c/-70'c ones!

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
always is possibility to insulate evap-cpu space with something, to increase cpu temperature. Order was for 3 stager and 3 stager will be done. Who know what future will bring.

MaSell
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
always is possibility to insulate evap-cpu space with something, to increase cpu temperature. Order was for 3 stager and 3 stager will be done. Who know what future will bring.
It's bad solution, I was fighting against CB for a veeery long time and checked that "trick" very well. In idle temp will be pretty low, but in load - too hot. Belive me

Near future will bring coldbugs, look at all cpus from last 5 years and draw conclusions.

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 11:17 AM
So what do you suggest ?

Maybe some kind of valve with hot gas supplying evap. Let`s say, something like cpev, but by using captube and valve to control evap temperature,

MaSell
11-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not builder, so I can only suggest to build -80'C 350W unit :) but...

... if customer want to play with nehalem plus this 3stager ;)

[XC] gomeler
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Just build in a hot-gas bypass to counter the cold-bug and cold-boot issues. Nehalem seems to work around -115C to -95C on average from what I've read around here. Of course there are always chips that'll run much warmer, I used a QX9650 that coldbugged at -88C :shrugs: Have you tested that 1st stage for how much of a load it can handle? Would be a shame if it crashed when the 2nd stage was loaded by the 3rd stage. Do you stuff those MAPP cylinders or just depend on their sheer volume and velocity reduction?

sdumper
11-13-2008, 01:05 PM
gomeler;3426911']Just build in a hot-gas bypass to counter the cold-bug and cold-boot issues. Nehalem seems to work around -115C to -95C on average from what I've read around here. Of course there are always chips that'll run much warmer, I used a QX9650 that coldbugged at -88C :shrugs: Have you tested that 1st stage for how much of a load it can handle? Would be a shame if it crashed when the 2nd stage was loaded by the 3rd stage. Do you stuff those MAPP cylinders or just depend on their sheer volume and velocity reduction?

And yours did better than mine as I recall I couldn't even boot at colder than -68c....

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
months ago I tested that I stage and without big calibration it holds -50 @ 400W load (If I remember correctly)

[XC] gomeler
11-13-2008, 01:26 PM
months ago I tested that I stage and without big calibration it holds -50 @ 400W load (If I remember correctly)

Impressive! Curious though, wouldn't it have been easier to do an R600/R170, R600/R23 or R600/R290/R744 autocascade and avoid that R1150 loop or are you simply adapting that "autocascade" as the first stage? If I were aiming at just condensing R1150 in the 2nd stage I'd say R600/R170 or R600/R23 would work like a charm.

And yours did better than mine as I recall I couldn't even boot at colder than -68c....

well that was gautam's chip that I was describing above. All my chips have had CB around -110C to -120C and CBB around -95 to -105C

LukeXE
11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
gomeler;3427074']Curious though, wouldn't it have been easier to do an R600/R170, R600/R23 or R600/R290/R744 autocascade and avoid that R1150 loop or are you simply adapting that "autocascade" as the first stage?

Second option. I just got that "stage" done and wanna adapte it to that project. If it won`t work, I`ll make normal I stage.

About MAPP bottles. They just work excellent, separation of refrigerants is very good. don`t know why and I don`t care :)

MaSell
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
If I`ll get photos, I`ll put them here as fast possible.

No offence Luke!!!! ...but I just wanna ask: Why you cannot show us some pics? You should have camera from pete: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2413033&postcount=297

teyber
11-19-2008, 12:55 PM
no offense here luke, but arn't these the same pics you posted weeks/months ago?

sdumper
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Guys stop bashing. Send a PM if your not offering build suggestions or compliments.
I learned that lesson myself the hard way....

Circaflex
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
how exactly does this thing work...it looks like your using parts from an air conditioner...i remodel houses and scrap AC,s for cash daily...i must know more..its a phase change cpu cooler right?...ware on the internet can i learn how to build one...i have torches..pipe cutters the whole 9 yards...i want to build one....some one pm me if thy have some info..:D

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104454

somewhat outdated, you need certain certifications tho too. I was also told by a builder to buy this book:
first off buy this book at amazon.com
"modern refrigeration and air conditioning"

Pick up the epa 608 universal test, its a huge book you need to study then take an exam for.

Marvin_The_Martian
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Guys stop bashing. Send a PM if your not offering build suggestions or compliments.
I learned that lesson myself the hard way....

I'll say +1 on both having the tendency to be tought the hard way as feeling Luke's being talked into the ground. Maybe it was just a couple of hundred buck but since I was so :nuts: to be my first iban transfer twice ( as it didn't get removed instantly but at midnight, I thought I'd done something wrong ) and so he got twice the money I was supposed to send. He gave that back, it's was my mistake so I did loose on currency exchange but he could have said tough luck if he was the kind of guy you're making him out to be? Maybe he deserves some credit for having fixed almost all his issues and now trying to resolve the one's that remain?

Circaflex
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
im pretty sure you need to be ceritified no matter where you live, and its frowned upon here if you do otherwise fyi

teyber
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
EPA will kick your arse wherever you live. its illegal not just to vent but to work with refrigeration systems without your 608.

LukeXE
11-20-2008, 09:55 AM
No offence Luke!!!! ...but I just wanna ask: Why you cannot show us some pics? You should have camera from pete: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2413033&postcount=297

I don`t have that camera. Pete never sent it to me.

teyber, yeap, that photos are outdated, but I wanted to show how I stage looks.

I`ll show new picks on weekend, if possible.

If someone has any interest to me, please write a PM to me.

ok, went down to the workshop and made few photos by brothers phone, needa find usb cabble and I`ll upload photos.

ok, here you have (photo is really bad...)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9279/photo1lj1.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo1lj1.jpg)http://img140.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

unit is uninsulated, just for testing. Clear photos on weekend, with sub ~ -100C stage II :)

Movieman
11-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Gentlemen;
I removed two posts from this thread.
One because it was trolling and I've PM'd the member NOT to post in this thread and the other just to cleanup the thread.
Keep it civil please or I'll be sending people on vacations to take some time to think about their attitudes here.
Thanks for reading.

teyber
11-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I don`t have that camera. Pete never sent it to me.

teyber, yeap, that photos are outdated, but I wanted to show how I stage looks.

I`ll show new picks on weekend, if possible.

If someone has any interest to me, please write a PM to me.

ok, went down to the workshop and made few photos by brothers phone, needa find usb cabble and I`ll upload photos.

ok, here you have (photo is really bad...)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9279/photo1lj1.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo1lj1.jpg)http://img140.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

unit is uninsulated, just for testing. Clear photos on weekend, with sub ~ -100C stage II :)
Awsome nice :)

LukeXE
11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
OK, I`ll got digicam :) So photos should be much better and often than now :)

sdumper
11-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Awesome LukeXE not many folks can pull this type of a build off so we are all very curious how it gets done.
I wish I had your skill level and knowledge!!

LukeXE
11-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks, I hope that everything will be okay and we all will see nice loaded temperatures + small unit.

symphy
11-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Please notice my post in your other thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150292&page=36

teyber
11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
i guess i should have a contractors license also seeing all the remodeling work i do...:rofl:....like i said this aint cali

please no more off topic. You work without your 608 anywhere in the states and you will have fines you won't be able to pay off.

vab206
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
excellent build luke, this thing is going to rock. cant wait to see more updated pics and i like your idea with the mapp gas bottles.

void, you obviously are looking past every precaution posted on these forums. just because you do remodel work every day dosent mean you can put together one of these thing and still have all 5 senses and all extremities left after your done. especially any form of cascade. if you want info i suggest starting at the top at the stickies. i also reccomend reading the ones about safety first especially in your case.

teyber
11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
yea well if some one is dumb enough to run around doing ac work with out there 608 then thats there problem...you would s:banana::banana:t you hippie pants if you knew all the people i know that just cut the line,s on scrap AC,s and just let em leak 10 at a time to cash in at the scrap yard...but hey people gota feed there kids and thats just a sign of the times.:up:.most people with money arent effected...while the poor are climbing in higher numbers every day so frown upon who ever you want to just dont forget to snut you chin..:up:

What you are saying is illegal and horrible for the environment. You posted a completely random post then posted a total of 6 times in the thread, none of which was relevant to the thread, relevant to phase change, relevant to computers, relevant to the forums. I hope the mods delte your spam, and you stop trolling, and you become concious of a worldwide problem. Are you drunk?

Luke, sorry somebody is spamming where you showcase your work, and sorry its happened 6 times!

Marvin_The_Martian
11-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Void this is the second thread I see you posting in with absolutely no respect for other people, people who have earned that respect and deserve to get it from me and you.

I reported you, let the mods look at your posting habit, but if it where up to me, you will get some time to think about your attitude. And btw, I think this wouldn't be the first time someone gets a perm ban even for talking about the illegal and harmmfull practises you are talking about now :yepp:

LukeXE
11-23-2008, 03:15 AM
Luke, sorry somebody is spamming where you showcase your work, and sorry its happened 6 times!

Cool, no problem at all.

Today remodeled second stage, vacuuming at this momment.

quintus
11-23-2008, 04:33 AM
post pics to shut up the thread craping;)

Minerva
11-23-2008, 05:20 AM
EPA will kick your arse wherever you live. its illegal not just to vent but to work with refrigeration systems without your 608.

Keep in mind that if he doesn't live in the United States, then EPA has got absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Anyway, my understanding is that you don't need any kind of permit to simply build a refrigeration system - after all, you're basically just brazing copper tubes together - but it's your acquisition and use of refrigerant gases that falls under EPA legislation. I could be wrong - feel free to politely correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have a cylinder of propane, or methane, ethylene, carbon dioxide or whatever, then you can do whatever you please with it, since it's not a chlorofluorocarbon or a hydrochlorofluorocarbon, and as such, it doesn't fall under EPA's restrictions as a potentially environmentally harmful refrigerant.

teyber
11-23-2008, 10:35 AM
what illegal practice...building a water chiller from an air conditioner...its completely legal and doesnt involve releasing freon and for every one of my posts theres 2 counter posts from you guys telling me im a bad person and im going to prison and that i better get a license that i dont actually need for what im doing..and on top of that some of you are attacking some of my posts in other threads for the h#ll of it so i could bring those posts into question for any moderator to look since you guys are crying spam cuz you dont like a comment i made..and are taking it personal

STOP STOP STOP STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD GTFO OF THIS THREAD STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD GTFO

YOU HAVE TURNED THIS THREAD TO :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. DO NOT REPLY, DO NOT POST IN THE PHASE SECTION AGAIN OR WE WILL CATCH YOU VENTING AND REPORT IT (and make lots of monies)

edit: and yes, you building a chiller is illegal and i can't wait for you to post a thread on it and prove you vented :)

Marvin_The_Martian
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
VOID ygpm with the best intentions :)

Edit:

Guys, he is talking about converting an ac into a chiller by submerging the heat exchanger and that way he's right he isn't going to leak gasses if he doesn't cut any pipes or treis to bend something into a shape which isn't going to bend that way :)

Sorry VOID_WARRANTY the confusion came from you mentioning pipe cutters in one of your posts, that made me think you where going to cut an unit up for parts and then assemble it. If you don't spring a leak, you're not breaking the law I seen to many threads here about chillers made this way by people without a license to say it's not legal or not advised. Only think I want to say is be carefull :up: The Netherlands is abit below sea level already, I wouldn't want you to contribute to that rising even the slightest bit higher :rofl:

And start that own thread for your build, you will get much better answers then I think :)

[XC] gomeler
11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Can a mod please come in here and clean up this damn thread.. Void Warranty crapped on it and now it reeks of off-topic sauce. Would like this thread to be browse able in a few months without having to scroll past a page of off-topic garbage.

Luke, any ETA on when we'll be able to see stage 2 built? If I understand it correctly, the 2nd stage should be a pure R1150 loop. Looking forward to some -90C to -95C shots on the 2nd stage :up:

LukeXE
11-23-2008, 01:26 PM
gomeler;3448545']
Luke, any ETA on when we'll be able to see stage 2 built? If I understand it correctly, the 2nd stage should be a pure R1150 loop. Looking forward to some -90C to -95C shots on the 2nd stage :up:

Yeap, you undestand me correctly. 2nd stage SHOULD be R1150, pure but...

I think if I could make 1st stage running at -75*C loaded...THEN...

...I could fill 2nd stage with R14 (or with mix with that gass).

then 3st I could fill with methane blend. It should give to me super low temperature on evap. At all 2st with R14 could reach a bit higher discharge pressure than usual, with only -75 @ 1st stage.

But it`s hard thing to do. Everything depend on 1st capacity. It`s complicated, R1150/R744/R290/R507 blend is very hard, for me, to calibrate. I`m fighting with that but...1st design has potential, so I got good feelings.

ETA for 2st running should be in this week. Have to think what I`m expecting from 2nd stage as builder. I think I have to make it running with R14, so I would need to redesign compressor --> oil separator line (R14 flushes oil from oil separator, nobody wants oil in evap at -130C). I could use ZEROL oil or sth, but I`m not sure if I can get it here.

Tomorrow I have talk about job in HVAC job, probably I`ll get that job so I`ll have everything what I need from tools and gases, so I can make more profesionall job.

A lot to think. Have to talk with symphy what he expects from that unit. Things changed a bit, new processors, CB etc. I`m ot sure what he wants right now.

[XC] gomeler
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Well it sounds like this thing will potentially be a beast, my only concern would be it being too cold :D The 1st stage blend in my opinion is too complicated, I'd suggest trying R600/R290/R1150 and cutting out the R744 and R507 if you are still working on that stage. R744 blows as a refrigerant and there's almost no purpose in using R507 when using R290. Just my two cents, take them for what they are worth :shrug: Looking forward to seeing you complete this thing though!

ryba
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, I understand your point.

I will have digicam in couple of days, depends on postal (tomorrow it will be send). So then I`ll make clear pictures.

I`m building this unit, not from old parts, I`m doing it from parts bought to your unit for your money. Everything, compressors, condensers, evap, heat exchangers, two way cut-off switches etc. I never spent your money for anything else.

I`m going now to shop for some electric stuff to get the electric done (fuses etc) and I`ll borrow digicam to give you 100% proof that it`s your unit and it will be done as it should be. I`ll make paper with todays date.

From 1st thread (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135720)... you wrote/show us photos LG compressors for 1st and 2nd stage.

But now what you using in this cascade?

Compressor on #1 stage is Toshiba 3/4HP. I used captubes, exacly:

240cm of 0,8mm captube for R1150.

And what we you used in Yoto cascade?
Compressors -- Toshiba 3/4HP for I stage

I stage:

240cm of 0,8mm captube for R1150. - topic (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127858).

I know that I'm not your client and I'm happy with that! You are making bull :banana::banana::banana::banana: from trust others ppl. :shrug:

I'm phase change builder too and I have some units on my account. Few notes from me: this project is big mistake from beggining. You never finish this cascade. B'couse how you want finish it, when you don't have R14?

You can lie ppl here and they trust you... I don't know why but they trust everybody.

LukeXE
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Can you read first post, that I noticed, that I used 1st stage from my another project ? What is wrong with quote`n specs of that stage from build for which it was done ?From the beggining of that topic I`m talking about 1st which I had left. And don`t be so sure about R14

I used that autocascade from other customer build, which I had left in my workspace. It`s very strong and has good design, so why not use it.

ryba
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I`m building this unit, not from old parts, I`m doing it from parts bought to your unit for your money. Everything, compressors, condensers, evap, heat exchangers, two way cut-off switches etc. I never spent your money for anything else.

:yepp:...

Patrickclouds
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
are there any new pictures from progress?

LukeXE
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post

So what, those things are from junkjard ? New compressor, new condenser, new heatexchanger. Where is the difference of Toshiba and LG compressor with that same power capacity ?

Where is the difference in evap vs evap, where is difference in plate hx vs plate hx ?? I got tons of that stuff, to all I should stick "bought for ..." ?? and cant use it if it`s not bought originally for that build ?

[XC] riptide
11-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey Luke. its time you watched your language. I'll ask Ron or someone to come in here and sort this out.

LukeXE
11-23-2008, 04:26 PM
sorry, but how I should react on such a bs...

His posts were already removed once.

Movieman
11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Put's on mod hat;
Gentlemen;
I think it's time some of you took a little vacation from XS so that you can think about your writing style.
That's the warning.
Post anything in this thread thats not constructive and your gone till 2009 minimum.
Capice?
Thanks for reading.

EliTE22
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
how did u make the mapp bottles into oil seps?

[XC] gomeler
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
You drill two holes in the side and one in the bottom. The bottom hole is used for the separated oil, the lower hole in the side is used as the inlet, and the higher hole is used for the gaseous outlet. I personally would use the hole for the valve on the top as the gaseous outlet and drill out the valve so you don't have that leaking under pressure and low temperatures.

EliTE22
11-23-2008, 07:05 PM

runmc
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry Luke, but this thread is going to Customer/Builder relations so we can control who post in it.

If you flame, you will get banned. ;)

Movieman
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
And if Ron misses any i'll grab them!:D
let's keep it clean and friendly

LukeXE
11-24-2008, 01:21 AM
how did u make the mapp bottles into oil seps?

gomeler;3449336']You drill two holes in the side and one in the bottom. The bottom hole is used for the separated oil, the lower hole in the side is used as the inlet, and the higher hole is used for the gaseous outlet. I personally would use the hole for the valve on the top as the gaseous outlet and drill out the valve so you don't have that leaking under pressure and low temperatures.

Please notice guys, that those are phase separators :-)

So bottom hole is used for the oil AND gas in liquid state, top hole is for high pressure has, which isn`t liquid yet, so we can get them separated in simple way. Not 100% of course.

symphy, for what temperature we should aim at this time ? I`m not overclocker and don`t know todays cpu`s, what do you wanna from that unit.

edit:

Cascade got second condenser :)

LukeXE
12-01-2008, 12:41 AM
gotta camera :cool:

Marvin_The_Martian
12-01-2008, 04:23 AM
gotta camera :cool:

So where the new pics :poke: ;)

Sorry I couldn't include some batteries, but that's the easiest part to get anywhere I suppose ( and I only run rechargable's myself which are rather expensive and not to say useless without a charger ).

:up:

teyber
12-01-2008, 07:13 AM
So where the new pics :poke: ;)

Sorry I couldn't include some batteries, but that's the easiest part to get anywhere I suppose ( and I only run rechargable's myself which are rather expensive and not to say useless without a charger ).

:up:

What a gentleman:up:

Marvin_The_Martian
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
What a gentleman:up:

Samsung a420 from couple years ago, it's not an expensive one ( though my gf sometimes used it still since she finds her Vieuwty to slow for taking pics ).

Better then nothing though :D

runmc
12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Cheers to Marvin :clap: :up:

tiborrr
12-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Now cheers to local corner shop to supply luke with couple of batteries ;) Looking forward to see progress! :up:

Greets,
N.

LukeXE
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Gotta photos :-) (sorry for mess in celar)

Big thanks to Marvin, you know I luv ya my friend :D

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40012.jpg

Concept with two condensers (one for 1st stage, second for 3rd stage).

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40017.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40018.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40019.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40031.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40046.jpg

Some frost.

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40058.jpg

+0,5bar (7psi) suction pressure @ -76C (manometer is domaged and shows always +1 :p)

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40020.jpg

two way cut-off switches

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40022.jpg

manometers

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40028.jpg

Fan for extra condenser

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40032.jpg
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40033.jpg

New 3,7kg bottle of ethylene :)

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40062.jpg

and some sub-zero temps @ 1st stage.

That`s all for now.

tiborrr
12-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Looking good Luke, keep on working!

P.S.: Is that condensor on third stage being used as R14/R50 desuperheater?

Greets,
N.

LukeXE
12-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Yeap

LukeXE
12-04-2008, 05:23 AM
I tried already. That`s the best I can get

[XC] gomeler
12-04-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm guessing you blew out the gauge then running a high static. I had that happen once on a gauge, was pressure testing to 350PSI and the low-side gauge was permanently damaged.

eligray
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Looks great man. So lemme see if i have this straight, the first stage is an triple autoc? Where would the second condensor that you're using as a desuperheater go? Right in next to the other condensor? Sorry, I'm fairly new to phase (but will have firsthand experience starting tomorrow;))

Good luck,
Eli

LukeXE
12-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Hello

Yeap, first stage is triple-autocascade (let`s say, pseudo, because now it`s autocascading a bit, should be there -90 at least)

The second condenser will be just after oil separator on third stage (wanna have around 20*C on condenser exit, less load for other stages).

@ [XC] gomeler

Yeap, I got too big static for that gauge :)

LukeXE
12-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Gotta arranged final parts place, I resigned two-condensers idea.

Choosed two powerfull compressors for II and III stages. Assembled everything. Gotta buy captube, few meters of 6mm pipe, insulation and oxygen for torch and it will be done.

gotta question about dual captube feed. How I can use it ? It`s idea for big load ?

[XC] gomeler
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Dual captube works fine if you don't have a wide enough bore single capillary tube. I used two 2.6 meter 0.7mm bore capillary tubes b/c I didn't have any larger capillary tubing. This was with a 7/8hp compressor and a slightly undersized condenser. Held the 2nd stage just fine(3/4hp compressor) but I would have sized it to around 2.8 to 2.9 meters to reduce capacity slightly in my build as the HX could have been colder. Just play with it, start with a longer length than you think you'll need and trim it down as you go.

LukeXE
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
So If I gotta 0,8mm captube, I can easly use it ?

I tought that dual captube is "new trick" in phase :)

[XC] gomeler
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
It's less of a trick and more like a work-around for limited resources. Cheaper to stock one size capillary tubing than three or four which helps when you are a poor university student :D There's a way to calculate the capacity with multiple capillary tubings, don't know where I saw the charts though.

Moc
12-16-2008, 07:24 AM
I tought that dual captube is "new trick" in phase :)
Nope, it is definitely not!
It makes it just more complicate. So if you're able to get bigger captubes, better use that.

symphy
12-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Updates?. Pics.? Loadtest?.

LukeXE
12-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Matter of few days :)

Insulated I and II stage, completed rebuilded II stage + loadtest of it.

I`m paying in this month partial refunds for three persons and I`m out of cash a bit.

LukeXE
01-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I bought a lot of stuff from HVAC shop, photos on the evening :) Insulation, pipes and a lot of other stuff.

Bottle of R404a and HX should be on monday.

I got job in that shop, as HVAC technican, will work from 12th Jan :)

UPDATE, as promised earlier.

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40063.JPG
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40064.JPG
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40065.JPG
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40066.JPG
http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40067.JPG

tiborrr
01-02-2009, 05:50 PM
That's a great news you got the job, Luke! We are waiting on the pictures of assembled stages! :up:

teyber
01-02-2009, 08:05 PM
zomg thats like $30-40 in fittings!

congrats dude, cool to get a salary doing what you love and are great at :)

LukeXE
01-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Thanks guys!

Those fittings are horrible expensive O_o Especially 6mm !! almost 4x more expensive than 12mm !

Another part of photos, acutally unit`s photos, at the evening

[XC] gomeler
01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Small fittings are horribly expensive due to low demand. Here in the US I pay as much for a 1/4" fitting as a 3/4" fitting even though it's 1/3 less copper. Just low demand :(

teyber
01-03-2009, 07:27 PM
gomeler;3547003']Small fittings are horribly expensive due to low demand. Here in the US I pay as much for a 1/4" fitting as a 3/4" fitting even though it's 1/3 less copper. Just low demand :(

which is why i just make my own fittings :shrug:

Moc
01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
You spend so much money on tools but make your own fittings? Tbh, just with using fitting your pipework will be much better than before.

[XC] gomeler
01-04-2009, 05:49 AM
And you spend much less time working. Time is money and I hate fabricating what I can purchase for a nominal cost versus the hours spent bending copper.

LukeXE
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Gotta nice results :up: After 8h of work today.

Made 90% of I stage. Insulated it, calibrated bla, bla, bla.

Did II stage, waiting for HX so I used evaporator just to see, how II stage works and how I stage handle load...and I`m very excited about results !

-81C @ I stage loaded with II stage. Pretty awesome !

Second stage is showing -113C @ -0,5bar suction // 3bar discharge. I don`t have good thermocuple, so for II stage I used one, which showing around +5C higher temperature @ room temp. So real II stage temperature idle is around -120 with poor vacuum made by small, 1/10hp compressor @ 20-30minutes.

So I need to wait for last parts and I`ll start doing III stage. Hope to see next, awesome temperatures, now I`m aiming for -170C idle with methane/R14

Few photos for everyone.

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40007.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40008.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40009.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40010.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40015.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40016.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40022.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40026.JPG

I stage temperature :cool::cool::cool:

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40027.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40028.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40029.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40030.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40033.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40035.JPG

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40036.JPG

By this unit I wanna show to everyone who thinks, that I lost good direction and I`m not able to do good stuff. I wanna show that I still can be good in this and still play in this game.

2009y have to be awesome :)

quintus
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
By this unit I wanna show to everyone who thinks, that I lost good direction and I`m not able to do good stuff. I wanna show that I still can be good in this and still play in this game.

2009y have to be awesome :)

Do it for yourself;) and for your customer;) not for any other persones:)

Moc
01-05-2009, 04:55 AM
What ambient temp do you have in your work place?

LukeXE
01-05-2009, 05:04 AM
At night around +12, +13C. At day around +17+18C.

At those days ofcourse.

Patrickclouds
01-05-2009, 05:33 AM
can you put a load tester of 250 watt under the evap.
because first and second stage have to handle the load of the 3rd stage plus the load of the cpu

Moc
01-05-2009, 06:45 AM
You have a very warm cellar ;) ... hope you don't fool yourself. Think that the unit has to work @ 30°C !
I made the experience that it's quite easy to get nice unloaded numbers with autocascades. But with load it is a complete different story...
So don't be too happy before you get some load on the second stage. No load @ evap and a second stage compressor working at 3bar is nearly no load!

noobzed
01-05-2009, 07:17 AM
you can do more clean unit ..
yes it work but the design is porr sorry :/

LukeXE
01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
I got heated cellar.

I know that those are nice number and I know how auto-c temps look under load :) But this stage was loaded some time ago and it handle around -65C (then) @ IInd stage loaded with 160W dummy.

Now with tunning maybe it will hold better.

Even with -50C I`ll be happy.

But please wait till I`ll finish everything. then we will comment it`s performance.

tiborrr
01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Who cares how ghetto it looks - all that matters is PERFORMANCE. Keep it up, Luke and good luck load-tuning it! :up:

Patrickclouds
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
lol

if i would buy an unit, i wouldnīt accept such a crappy looking one.

you cannot sell an unit with a demolished condenser or hand bended copper pipes.
i donīt want to know how the hxs are insulatet under the cardboard box. armaflex?

i hope that vacuum will be done by vacuumpump and not a 1/10 hp compressor.

sorry but thats just my opinion wehen you build units for a customer

LukeXE
01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
As of the beggining of this project, I talked with Symphy and we wanted one:

PERFORMANCE

How it looks isn`t really important.

In box is armaflex. And insulation works good.

About any tools like vacuum pump or so, cool, I just made test vacuum to check how it will work, to show photos of -11xC temps. (prove that I`m working on that unit). I gotta professional hvac pump from job, so no problem with that.

About any "demolished condenser" etc, cool to, can I first finish that unit and then make it looking better ? And condenser isn`t demolished, I will make those pins looking good, I got tools for that :)

Probably I never made cool looking units. And everyone know that ;)

[XC] gomeler
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Luke, you are definitely known for your own style :D The condenser fins are simple, a few passes with a brush and they'll straighten out :up: Looks like that insane mass of pipes that you call a first stage is doing it's job well, you surprised me there :eek: This should be a great Phenom II cascade, not many other chips can take the cold this thing could produce :up:

Moc
01-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Everyone who bought a unit from LukeXE knew how the units will look like...
You know that it's not very intelligent to vacuum with an old 1/10hp compressor and than fill with an flammable refrigerant ? :rofl:

LukeXE
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
For me it`s okay. How much air is inside after that vacuum ? 1%, less ? For me that amount is safe, not explosive.

symphy
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
And another week without activity - or did you finish the unit without posting the progress?

What is wrong with you, what the hell are you doing? Do you think this is not serious? Do you think i'm not serious? You're showing nearly no effort....

Get this unit ready until the end of this month or we're finished. I'm prepared.

Imagine what happened to me - we're talking about much more than 2000 USD. You just took it, and i want it back. Get the unit working or pay. As easy as that.

No PMs please. No MSN chats. JUST DO IT. And don't think you can deliver an instable running pile of trash. If you can't build that unit, just give me my cash back. If you can do it... i'm waiting for OVER 2 YEARS now, be sure that i've my own thermal probes and my own load tester... Don't try to fool me with something that's not worth the money i paid. But, even here: If that's not possible, give me my money back.

LukeXE
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
building 3 stager is not simple as it looks. Especially with methane. So please don`t tell me that there is no effort from my side. If you wanna "pile of trash" I can deliver it even in this week. At first it looked like easy job, but it`s not.

I know you are waiting almost 2 years. but we talked a lot of times, that you`re not in hurry and I can finish other delayed units. I finished them and now working on yours.

You`ll get working unit which you wanted from me.

symphy
01-15-2009, 04:54 AM
building 3 stager is not simple as it looks. Especially with methane. So please don`t tell me that there is no effort from my side.

What did you do the last week? No update, nothing. You always have an excuse for everything, but in fact you were just not working on that unit. That's what i call "no effort". Building 3 stager is difficult, i know, but if you dont do ANYTHING, you'll never see if the unit works or not.

If you wanna "pile of trash" I can deliver it even in this week. At first it looked like easy job, but it`s not.

I know you are waiting almost 2 years. but we talked a lot of times, that you`re not in hurry and I can finish other delayed units. I finished them and now working on yours.

That's the point. You just accepted a job without knowing how to do it right. We've all seen that the first try just did not work. You say "now your working on my unit" - what the hell? Which other units you had to finish since the beginnig of this year? If you really were working on this unit you would have posted pics showing the progress INSTANTLY after my last post. But you didn't.

You`ll get working unit which you wanted from me.

I wish that would be te truth, but it isn't. You're always moving from one deadline to antoher without finishing the job.

Look, you build two stages already, so why isn't there even a design for the third one? If it's that difficult, give it try instead of doing nothing.

But deadline is not moving. Two weeks should be enough to rebuild third stage 3 times. And if you make pics the next time, please take them of the entire unit, not only parts of it.

If there's no acceptable loadtest until the end of this month, we're finished.

LukeXE
01-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Hello

The problem with not "constantly" updates, that I started new job and I can work on weekends, cause I`m so tired. After work I`m going sleep and wake up another day at 5am and go to job and so.

I wanna finish that unit and be clear with delayed units.

I`ll make loadtests. Hope to see good results, gotta new experience from job and will make 3rd stage as it should be done.

I tought that earlier photos show whole unit

symphy
01-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Hello

The problem with not "constantly" updates, that I started new job and I can work on weekends, cause I`m so tired. After work I`m going sleep and wake up another day at 5am and go to job and so.

I wanna finish that unit and be clear with delayed units.

I`ll make loadtests. Hope to see good results, gotta new experience from job and will make 3rd stage as it should be done.

I tought that earlier photos show whole unit

FAIL. Between your last update and this weekend was another weekend. Did you just miss to upload the pics? Luke, be honest, nothing is going to happen, and i'm saying this without even rating the build you did until now.

Deadline is not moving. The unit was standing ALL THE TIME inside your cellar for the last two years (am i right? i should be cause you told me that you didn't took the parts for another unit...)

Where are the large compressors i payed for when we discussed the unit? 18000 btu etc.?

I don't want to talk about this topic anymore. Go wo work, hopefully that will bring me at least a part of my money back. Or build that unit until end of this month. Point.

Simps
01-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Holy crap! No one told me this thread was da sh/t!
Man, there is no way in hell I would pay 2000 bucks for a unit that looks like that. That thingy will need maintence and repairs twice a month at minimum. And it doesn't look safe at all. You keep that unit running for 24h straight and it will explode for sure.

I feel so sorry for the poor guy that lost 2000 bucks. The way I see, he already lost 2000 bucks, recieving the unit at the end of the month, or not. There is no way for him to get out of this one winning.

http://www.teampuss.com/lukexe/3_stage_new/SSA40019.jpg

tiborrr
01-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Simps, may i remind you to f*** out of this thread kindly, you don't help at all :rolleyes:

teyber
01-18-2009, 06:34 PM
simps your post will be deleted. GTFO out of this thread.

all i gotta ask is,

are you drunk?

what you are saying is plain wrong. the unit has been leak free for 2 years, the part that looks like sh~t is the fins on the condenser which can mostly be fixed

symphy
01-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Guys, stop flaming this thread. If he wants to state his opinion... it's okay. There's no need for blaming anybody.

I don't know, but i wouldn't call anybody to be drunk without even having read the last page of the thread.

The unit isn't leak-free for 2 years, luke rebuilded and rebuilded it... i dont know, often enough. This aren't the components i paid for, no idea what he did with them.

Be nice everybody. If some1 read the last pages of this thread, he'll most likely come to the same point like simps...

And, sorry, insulation made of a paper box, to small baseplate, that pipework? ... No one even thought of bent fins...

Patrickclouds
01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
i would mount the desuperheater in a proper way.

it only lays on top of the coax hx box.

or it wonīt survive the shipping, if it will ever be shipped :D

are there any high pressure cut off switches installed?

Moc
01-19-2009, 06:00 AM
And, sorry, insulation made of a paper box, to small baseplate, that pipework? ... No one even thought of bent fins...

But LukeXEs Units looked to every time like this. And for a 3stage 2000Dollar is super cheap... didn't you know that it will look ghetto as you bought the unit?
No offence to you or Luke (...)!

symphy
01-19-2009, 06:08 AM
But LukeXEs Units looked to every time like this. And for a 3stage 2000Dollar is super cheap... didn't you know that it will look ghetto as you bought the unit?
No offence to you or Luke (...)!

I can accept a unit that actually looks ghetto, but is working fine. As Luke already said, i'm looking for good performance. But there's a big differnece between "not good looking" and botched up.

Beside this, the acutal amount payed for the unit is over 2000USD and i had other offers from builders. It's not super cheap.

LukeXE
01-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Holy crap! No one told me this thread was da sh/t!
Man, there is no way in hell I would pay 2000 bucks for a unit that looks like that. That thingy will need maintence and repairs twice a month at minimum. And it doesn't look safe at all. You keep that unit running for 24h straight and it will explode for sure.

I feel so sorry for the poor guy that lost 2000 bucks. The way I see, he already lost 2000 bucks, recieving the unit at the end of the month, or not. There is no way for him to get out of this one winning.

It won`t explode. It has relief valve and two cut-off switches.

I see you`re very experienced to know how often units has to be repaired ?

Guys, stop flaming this thread. If he wants to state his opinion... it's okay. There's no need for blaming anybody.

I don't know, but i wouldn't call anybody to be drunk without even having read the last page of the thread.

The unit isn't leak-free for 2 years, luke rebuilded and rebuilded it... i dont know, often enough. This aren't the components i paid for, no idea what he did with them.

fins will be ok, I got tools for that, but will do that as the last thing.

At all, components for your cascade changed...yes...compressors are much more stronger than last ones, which were too small.

Auto-c stage is leak free, it was leak free for almost 2 years :)

i would mount the desuperheater in a proper way.

it only lays on top of the coax hx box.

or it wonīt survive the shipping, if it will ever be shipped :D

are there any high pressure cut off switches installed?

Yes, they are.

Shipping will be safe.

I can accept a unit that actually looks ghetto, but is working fine. As Luke already said, i'm looking for good performance. But there's a big differnece between "not good looking" and botched up.

Beside this, the acutal amount payed for the unit is over 2000USD and i had other offers from builders. It's not super cheap.

Why you talking about usd, you payed me in euro :) think about bank transfer rates, bank exchange (I don`t have euro here) and think about that, you payed in two parts, with dissapearing for few months :)

Simps
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Luke,

I just finished reading everything on that thread "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

I see you have serious problems going on with your custumers. Problems like refounds, delays, communication, etc.

But it also seens like you have been working hard to clear that mess. After reading everything, I don't think you are a bad person, or that in any moment you tried to fool your customers.
It really just looks like things got out of control for you, when you started to do a lot of units at once, and all the international shipments, and a lot of problems with units, shipments and personal life happened at same time. You are just one man, not a company. Probably, if you had accepted only a few units at a time, you would have been able to it the right way. The hard part is that even if that is the true, it shouldn't matter for the custumers. The pay, they want you to keep deadline and deliver 100% of what was commited. So even though I believe you had always the best of intentions, I have to stay on the custumers side, because that is the way things should work in business.

Anyway, I hope you can clean everything, and get out of this mess.

But you should really think of building cleaner units. I won't take my comment back on that. A unit that looks like this one (this 3-stage mess) is totally unacceptable for selling to customers. For a personal use, it is fine, but this is not the case.

Anyone saying that the unit is not that bad, is saying this because its not their money paying for it. I doubt any reasonable person, would be happy to pay even 1000 bucks for a unit that looks like that.

Anyway, I wish you the best Luke.

symphy,

I wish you the best too. I hope that luke can find a way, to make, in the end, you happy with your acquisition. But I really doubt that will be possible at this time.

[]'s
Simps

runmc
01-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh my goodness I can't believe this goes on and on.:shakes:

LukeXE
01-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Goes on and on, but still forward and closer to finish.

Finished 3rd stage, leaktesting :) Photos today !

tiborrr
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Can't wait! :up:

noobzed
01-25-2009, 10:47 AM
so ?

symphy
01-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Finished 3rd stage, leaktesting :) Photos today !

c'mon :up:

Patrickclouds
01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
i canīt see any pics :D

ryba
01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
i canīt see any pics :D

But what you want see here? Not working cascade?:rolleyes:

Simps
01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Why would you say "Photos today", and they show nothing?

Patrickclouds
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
But what you want see here? Not working cascade?:rolleyes:

i hope that it will work but i donīt belive it until i see this unit running with load.

in my opinion that unit is to small calculated in all points, but we will see how much load it can handle.

teyber
01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
o man hes only got like 5 days left :(

LukeXE
01-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Sorry guys

got a lot of work from sunday, havent do photos actually yet. 2 and 3rd stage holds pressure for 2 days, so I assume everything is okay.

Today around midnight I`ll paste some photos.

LukeXE
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
ok, gotta 4 photos, unit is insulated in let`s say, 90%. not insulated fully due the leaktest.

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40094vf8.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40095qc0.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40096nh7.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40097sr6.jpg

I`ll do better shots tommorow after vacuum and filling with gasses. I`ll do shots in home, not that mess like in cellar.

Not everything connected, like expansion tank, manometers and cut-off switches. Will do that when cascade will work.

L.

symphy
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
:) Cascade is looking better, even it's still a bit ghetto. Well, I expected that :D.

I'm glad that you finished most of the work before deadline and i'm sure you will finish the entire unit right in time, too (everything beside filling it with some gas...)

Don't hesitate to contact me in ICQ ;) - seems like everything could have a happy end. ;).

noobzed
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Is this unit moveable ?

symphy
01-27-2009, 02:49 PM
with two persons it should be.

Design was without case, i'll get one when the unit arrives.

teyber
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
ok, gotta 4 photos, unit is insulated in let`s say, 90%. not insulated fully due the leaktest.

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40094vf8.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40095qc0.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40096nh7.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssa40097sr6.jpg

I`ll do better shots tommorow after vacuum and filling with gasses. I`ll do shots in home, not that mess like in cellar.

Not everything connected, like expansion tank, manometers and cut-off switches. Will do that when cascade will work.

L.

great great great... you turned this into a complicated build with charecter, i would not classify this as ghetto at all... :up: honestly!

tiborrr
01-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Great job Luke, now let's see some negative triple digit number :) Keep it up!

Regards,
N.

Moc
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
i would not classify this as ghetto at all... :up: honestly!

When this isn't ghetto, what is ghetto? :rofl:
But nice to see that your on the road Luke!

MaSell
01-31-2009, 02:53 PM
symphy @ 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Get this unit ready until the end of this month or we're finished. I'm prepared.

According to Polish and German time zone GMT +1:00, 7minutes left :rolleyes:

symphy
01-31-2009, 03:51 PM
He finished all stages, we're in good contact so I'll wait for load temps.

LukeXE
02-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Hello

I just wake up :) Worked to 5am in cellar.

The news:

3 stages are working :) With Ethylene on 3rd stage I got -135C, my camera dead so I`ll do next photos today. Did some of electric.

Next news, I`m waiting for co2 and propane to add some to 1st stage, because it`s not even calibrated to handle, at all, huge next 2 stages load. When -135C on evap, on 1st stage temp drops to -35C (0,5bar suction), so needa to fill it with more gasses.

Third news, I found leaking suction valve on 2st stage ! Not brazing, not core, but "case" of valve is leaking ! Freaking :down:

I just wake up, uploading photos which it was possible to do with my old batteries. Today next day of fighting :)

And Mateusz, be more insterested in your study egzams terms than mine deadlines. Thanks.

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40098.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40099.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40100.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40101.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40102.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40105.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40106.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40107.JPG

http://gorajec.net/lukexe/symphy/SSA40108.JPG

LOL, and I repaired condenser lamels. And I needa 2 thermocouples, because it`s hard to use only one for 3 stages :(

Patrickclouds
02-01-2009, 04:29 AM
did you already ordered the gases for 3rd stage?

LukeXE
02-01-2009, 04:52 AM
I`m thinking about ordering more R14, because I got some, but not much. Methane got already.

Unseen
02-01-2009, 04:54 AM
What i really like in you Luke is the motivation. I am sure you will finish this project.

But from the other hand i am worried about the safety...
Bad combination= electricity,water from uninsulated parts,metal stuff without protection,flammable gases,no color codes

Honestly if i was still in Greece i would have build this cascade for you,with your parts for free, just to help you exit from this situation.

Anyway try to keep it simple and to be safe! Maybe you know what you are doing but the customer not!

Ps.Sorry for posting but i couldn't resist :(

LukeXE
02-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Wait for finished project ! :) Everything will be 100% safe !

Thanks for comment Unseen :)

yotomeczek
02-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow !
My old - never working cascade :D
And still some problems ...

LukeXE
02-01-2009, 05:48 AM
From your cascade is only the first stage.

And needs to be tune. What problems ?

I see that that comments post only people who never did auto-c or even 3 stage.

teyber
02-01-2009, 04:37 PM
luke its coming together great :)

i a noob with auto-c's, so forgive this stupid question :p:

when an auto c stops autocascading, say like you said you need more co2/r290, what does this mean? is your problem like in a ss its just undercharged, or does it mean that there is not enough r290 do fully separate and condense the co2?

Thanks dude, sorry for the stupid question :)

and keep up the good work!

LukeXE
02-02-2009, 07:19 AM
No problem with that question dude.

Yeap,it`s something like in SS, unit is "undercharged", there is too small amount propane to give proper temperature for co2. Next, if co2 isn`t condensing properly, there is too high temperature to condense ethylene. IF ethylene isn`t giving good, low temp, whole cascade sucks, because Ist stage temperature sucks.

At idle it can be ok, but under load everything changes.

MaSell
02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
And Mateusz, be more insterested in your study egzams terms than mine deadlines. Thanks.
I don't have any study exams, because I'm not a student for long time:)

Could you show pic with mounted evap to mobo? I wonder where board must be placed to bench without too tight suction line.

ultralo1
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I am glad to see good progress. I know its none of my business, but keep up the good work and relations. Two thumbs up for you.
(hope this dosent get screwed up in translation)

tiborrr
02-04-2009, 02:12 AM
One question for all the Polish people of this forum, especially MaSell & ryba. Why do you always have to bash Luke, after all you got your money back. Move on. Why can't you be nice and polite or just try to avoid topics you know you'll write something inapropriate in? :shrug:

sigt
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
One question for all the Polish people of this forum, especially MaSell & ryba. Why do you always have to bash Luke, after all you got your money back. Move on. Why can't you be nice and polite or just try to avoid topics you know you'll write something inapropriate in? :shrug:
I think, that it is a habit that some people in our nation have. They just love to judge and wish to punish those who (in their opinion) are guilty. Probably, it is a result of our nation living under the comunism and control of Soviet Union for quite a long time, and the fact that it often happens in our country that lawbreakers stay immune to the law. People suffered being helpless, their children learned the way of thinking from them... Sometimes wounds need a lot of time to heal.

I also think that an additional element of attackers having a need to raise their self esteem has played a role here.

Luke, I've been observing your situation for very long time and I have always wished you the happy end of this mess. Keep up a good work, you can make it. Don't give too many promises. Just post photos when you have them.

MaSell
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I also think that an additional element of attackers having a need to raise their self esteem has played a role here.

No, there is another problem. Some ppl know much more about all situation than others. That's the point. My self esteem is pretty good I think;)

BTW Nice bike Luke :)

EOT I'm waiting for nice loaded temp... I hope that will be very soon

[XC] riptide
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I think people not involved need to GTFO.

Patrickclouds
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
and i think that you thought wrong or cannot generalize that ;)

because people (not involved) but knowing how to built good working cascades should be allowed to give hints to get this unit running well and safe.

LukeXE
02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
I got nice, strong, 16k btu rotary compressor from work. I`ll change compressor from I stage, because with 3 stages working I got only -45*C, with loadtester it goes up constantly, probably because I haven`t calculated captubes lenght for that big load + compressor, as few persons said, is too weak( I got only ~ +0,5bar suction pressure, to small flow).

And I have small question, do normal I stage with that 16k btu compressor, filled with R404a or play with captubes in that auto-c. Today I have to made decision, to start working by weekend.

Moc
02-06-2009, 10:12 AM
( I got only ~ +0,5bar suction pressure, to small flow).

That doesn't mean that your compressor is to small, that shows that your captubes are too long.

If you put in the same unit a stronger compressor, the suction pressure would be lower. It "sucks" more - so lower pressure.

I would shorten the captubes and put in the new compressor. But I doubt that you get the autocascade working. I know how much work it is, trust me, I spend much time in this (and will spend more ) :D .

If that doesn't work, try a TEV the first stage. I don't remember what others compressors follow, but a TEV is always the best.

Simps
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I want to be the first one saying that this unit won't be ready before 2010. I will quote this in 2010 :)

[XC] gomeler
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I want to be the first one saying that this unit won't be ready before 2010. I will quote this in 2010 :)

I disagree. Even if he has to adjust the capillary tubes, he's only got 30 to 40 hours of work left. This can be done in two weekends. I also agree, drop in the stronger compressor AND adjust the capillary tubes. Just getting the 1st stage HX temps down from a "normal" -30C to -60C will drastically help reduce the strain on the 2nd stage condensing R1150. I however think he should use a hydrocarbon blend of R600/R170 or R600/R290/R1150 instead of R744. This is just personal preference and hatred of R744 dry ice issues though :D

LukeXE
02-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Ufff....

I stage compressor changed. Gotta few problems with neighbours when I was gettin out gas from that stage :down:

Unit is so small that compressor change is pain in the a$$.

That doesn't mean that your compressor is to small, that shows that your captubes are too long.

If you put in the same unit a stronger compressor, the suction pressure would be lower. It "sucks" more - so lower pressure.

I would shorten the captubes and put in the new compressor. But I doubt that you get the autocascade working. I know how much work it is, trust me, I spend much time in this (and will spend more ) :D .

If that doesn't work, try a TEV the first stage. I don't remember what others compressors follow, but a TEV is always the best.

Yeap, I know that. I got 240cm of captube for R1150, I should cut it to around 200cm or less, other captubes cut that same, around 30-40cm. A lot of work, but it`s necessesary.

don`t be so pesimistic !

gomeler;3632840']I disagree. Even if he has to adjust the capillary tubes, he's only got 30 to 40 hours of work left. This can be done in two weekends. I also agree, drop in the stronger compressor AND adjust the capillary tubes. Just getting the 1st stage HX temps down from a "normal" -30C to -60C will drastically help reduce the strain on the 2nd stage condensing R1150. I however think he should use a hydrocarbon blend of R600/R170 or R600/R290/R1150 instead of R744. This is just personal preference and hatred of R744 dry ice issues though :D

I would like to use R170. If I would have it :) Or even R23. Dreams. I can try with R600/R290/R1150. No problem. But I need more thermocouples to get good temp readings.

With symphy we wanna working auto-c stage. The last option is just do normal I stage with TEV.

teyber
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
do you live near berkut? doesn't he have a lot of r23?

cheers

Moc
02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Ufff....

I stage compressor changed. Gotta few problems with neighbours when I was gettin out gas from that stage :down:

Tell us more :D sounds funny. :ROTF:

MaSell
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
It's not funny at all. I guess neighbours were unhappy, because someone was playing with gases in their building. They could think that it's dangerous, can explode or something.

In my opinion, getting out gas in building where is many flats with ppl, isn't smart.

Moc
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
MaSell, I do not know how he lifes, I didn't think of neighboors in the same house.... my fault, probably your right :D .

Simps
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Sorry, I know we are not in 2010. I am just practicing this quote thingy. Won't do it again, I swear.

[XC] gomeler
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry, I know we are not in 2010. I am just practicing this quote thingy. Won't do it again, I swear.

Stop being a :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

LukeXE
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Got crazy papers for this week.

Changed captubes (I cut them for 40cm, each one). Brazed. A lot of f**k to do that.

Need to get some more propane. I`ll talk to berkut about R23.

LukeXE
02-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Next info :)

On saturday will come to me friend who is doing phase too and we will work on that build together. He will bring some stuff, like vacuum pump, his own torch with oxygen so we will do everything what possible and make it working :)

We will do a lot of photos

tiborrr
02-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Thats great news, Luke! :) Just please post the pictures as soon as possible and not few weeks later :up:

Moc
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
"The thread pusher was here :D"

LukeXE
02-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks my friends :p

Friend refused to come, because he has short time driving license and he was afraid because of long trip.

SO I`m doing everything by myself. But I got only one arm, because left one is domaged from my jump from university hostel (long story). So I`m on 14 days medical discharge and working a bit slower.

I just have back from rehabilitation from Busko Zdroj (town with a loot of rehabilitations centers), so I`ll try to upload photos tomorrow.

eligray
03-24-2009, 07:22 AM
I`ll try to upload photos tomorrow.

Over-a-month-since-pics-promised bump! :D

[XC] gomeler
03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I was thinking about this build the other day actually, as I'll be doing something similar and was hoping to see how it works with this build. Finish it up so I can convince myself it is a good idea :p:

noobzed
04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
this project is dead, i want to know, if possible, the feeling of the one who comissioned lukexe ...

Ozzfest05
04-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Just what the thread needs more negativity...

ryba
04-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Just what the threaded needs more negativity...

After two years you want have any optimism post? Yeah, good joke.

tiborrr
05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Any news on the 3-stage monster?

clear cmos
09-25-2009, 03:20 AM
@LukeXE & symphy : any update guys?

ryba
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Now I would like to hear apology words from ppl who didn't believe me that this unit never will work :D

Kizmo
03-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Three years...

You still owe me some money Luke

sdumper
03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I was wondering what ever happened to this build. It looked really promising.

pcnazz
08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I was wondering what ever happened to this build. It looked really promising.

Me to , I'm interested as well .

Kizmo
10-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Three years...

You still owe me some money Luke

Almost 7 years has passed...