PDA

View Full Version : Who does volt mods?

Ranger2992
10-14-2003, 03:44 AM
I have an IC7-G and a 9800 Pro that I would really like to Vmod. The thing is I have no soldering skills at all and am a little leary of SMD grabbers. I would be willing to pay somebody to do the mods for me. Anybody feel like helping me out?

Stang_Man
10-14-2003, 12:32 PM
what mods are you looking to do??

there are a lot of people here that'd be willing to help, as long as you pay for the shipping

xDUCK
10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger2992
I have an IC7-G and a 9800 Pro that I would really like to Vmod. The thing is I have no soldering skills at all and am a little leary of SMD grabbers. I would be willing to pay somebody to do the mods for me. Anybody feel like helping me out?

I could do them for you! :)

Us sharks gotta stick together.:toast:

Edit: YGPM.

cobray
10-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Not sure why you would want to do that. SMD Grabbers work great. Although a temporary solution.

You should go to an electronics store and buy a cheap 30 watt soldering iron and practice on an old PCI or ISA card.

Its really not that hard! Plus you will have the sastisfaction of doing it yourself, which can be just a good a feeling as the actual overclock

Cheers

xDUCK
10-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by cobray
Not sure why you would want to do that. SMD Grabbers work great. Although a temporary solution.
Cheers

SMD Grabbers are dangerous and are notorious for snapping and/or falling off. :rolleyes:

cobray
10-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by xDUCK
SMD Grabbers are dangerous and are notorious for snapping and/or falling off. :rolleyes:

I said grabbers are a temporary solution. You should not be so quick to roll your eyes. There is another thread deadicated to the topic if you want to discuss the pro's and con's of grabbers there.

Back to topic...
Personally, I would rather try doing the work myself, rather than take the risk of sending your card to someone you meet on this board. Will they warranty thier work in any way? Can you guarantee that the delicate mod work needed will survive shipment? If the person you send your card to messes it up, will they reimburse you in any way? Probably not.

cobray
10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
BTW: Im sure there is an electronics or TV repair shop somewhere near your location. If you bring them the parts they would probably be able to do whatever work you want.

Charles Wirth
10-14-2003, 09:07 PM
I highly reccomend you doing the mods yourself and many of the questions you have are already answered on this forum. Complete instructions laid out with screen shots and input from dozens of people attempting the same mod.

Do you have a radio shack near by or other electronics supply store?

Thaddy
10-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cobray
Back to topic...
Personally, I would rather try doing the work myself, rather than take the risk of sending your card to someone you meet on this board. Will they warranty thier work in any way? Can you guarantee that the delicate mod work needed will survive shipment? If the person you send your card to messes it up, will they reimburse you in any way? Probably not.

He knows me (quite well) from elsewhere. ;)

Ranger2992
10-15-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. Unfortunitely I am not in the US and don't have access to the right equipment to do this myself. I am a soldier stationed over here in Korea and I have searched high and low for the proper equipment and have not had any luck finding anything. Thanks for the offer xDuck, I sent you a PM.

I really want my card Vmodded. I am at almost 4ghz and I have tweaked my butt off to get the score I have (22855) without a Vmod on the card, I am not gonna get much higher.