PDA

View Full Version : Corsair HX1000W Fan Issue

Ozzfest05
11-08-2008, 09:39 AM
So I just got my PSU Today and I love it the design cables everything are great powered up great however the fan wasnt spinning when I turned on the computer so at first I was angry then I thought maybe it wasnt enough load or whatever because of the temp controlled fan

But then after fully formatting and installing xp still no fan I took a pen and through the grill I flick the fan gently to get it to spin then Voila' it started up
maybe the bearing was a little stiff I had thought

But then I shut down machine started back up and the fan wasnt spinning pulled the little pen trick and its working now im at work so I dont know if this will continue I will continue to test at home Im thinking it just needs to be run but I dont want to RMA because of this anyone at corsair can help out what are your thoughts

Ozzfest05
11-10-2008, 06:04 AM
now its at a point where if I shut down the machine sometimes fan will start and sometimes it wont but a quick flick of the fan it starts right up almost like the fan controller in the psu isnt feeding it enough power maybe its just that cool in my room???

Yellowbeard
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry, I overlooked this post earlier. The fan should be spinning if the PSU is on. If it is not spinning while the unit is on, please RMA it. You can RMA to your vendor or direct to Corsair.

CORSAIR RMA LINK (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx)