PDA

View Full Version : cant wait for half life2?

saaya
10-12-2003, 07:09 PM
then play halo :D

i thougt its a piece of crap when i saw it first, but it was the beta on a gf4mx with lowest quality.

i installed the final game on my system (xp@2.2ghz 9x240 with a 9700pro) and started playing out of boredom.

im in level8/10 now and i really really like it. the graphics are simply amazing. the water... pretty much everything in halo reflects light, even the walls and the rocks, almost EVERY texture uses enviromental bump mapping!

the only drawback is that it needs an extreme system to be playable with all details and best quality. im getting an average fps of 30 maybe 40fps and sometimes it drops to 15fps in heavy fighting scenes.

but the game is really worth it! the story is great, you can drive a lot of things and even fly around with the fight jets.

and the ai is not too bad, they hide and then attack all together in group... really nice!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=242058

XtremepH
10-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Good to hear I actually got it a few days ago but have been working too much to play. My younger brother seems to be enjoying as well hopefully i'll get a chance to play it.

IFMU
10-13-2003, 03:53 AM
Thread moved. :rolleyes:

Ulfar
10-13-2003, 04:55 AM
meh its an ok game, its good for a lan party but nothing more.