PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge Demo is LIVE!

Warboy
11-04-2008, 03:04 AM
So what does everybody think?

I think it's very creative, quick thinking, and can't wait to play the PC Version. I tried it on the 360.

AndrewZorn
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I've been following the game for a while, and didn't even know it was going to be on PC until a couple of days ago. Another one of those "AH! SEE! A game for my PS3!" that turned into another that will be on [B]PC.

bullet2urbrain
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I've been following the game for a while, and didn't even know it was going to be on PC until a couple of days ago. Another one of those "AH! SEE! A game for my PS3!" that turned into another that will be on P[B]C.

There I fixed this for you, to mean what I think you meant to say originally

If not, Sorry

Warboy, Might you give me your take on the BETA? i would be d/ling it for PS3 if that demo is out.. but i hate wasting my time on things that are crap.

A brief review.

Warboy
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Brief review? OMGWTFBBQ Hawtness (Atleast from a developer point of view, gamer it's awesome too.). But you only get the training level and the level featured in the first trailer. Which turns out to look like it's the first level. Interesting Story art too.

bullet2urbrain
11-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Brief review? OMGWTFBBQ Hawtness (Atleast from a developer point of view, gamer it's awesome too.). But you only get the training level and the level featured in the first trailer. Which turns out to look like it's the first level. Interesting Story art too.

Sigh.

Downloading now :up:

for PS3

TEDY
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
link ?

AndrewZorn
11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
There I fixed this for you, to mean what I think you meant to say originally

If not, Sorry

Warboy, Might you give me your take on the BETA? i would be d/ling it for PS3 if that demo is out.. but i hate wasting my time on things that are crap.

A brief review.
That is what I meant.
I'll fix it.

link ?
It's not out yet for PC yet.

Finished the demo, and I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off as well as I hoped. I'll probably be getting this. It's really non-FPS feeling, in that you're suggested to NOT engage enemies, and running/jumping is key. It's more like Mario than Doom.

Warboy
11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPq2Rdmybdg

Here is me playing the demo, Sorry for the background noise in advance.

PhxProvost
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
i played the demo on my xbox, it was alright :shrug:

Slovnaft
11-12-2008, 06:24 AM
i can't wait to get this on pc. i want something to get me to stop buying hardware and start gaming.
thus far the movement reminded me a bit of a snowboarding game. meets prince of persia of course.

tiro_uspsss
11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I cant wait! :slobber:

cadaveca
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
See you in a few days:
:rofl:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/../imagehosting/858491b73a4cdbdf.jpg

AndrewZorn
11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Or a few hours?

The reviews have me NOT wanting to purchase the game now, mostly because they say there isn't much to it lengthwise (and no multiplayer after that... just single player re-runs).

Multiplayer has ruined some concepts of single player to me. Like in Oblivion/Fallout3, no one will see your cool items.

cadaveca
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I guess you missed teh smilie?:stick:

ok, well played for an hour, still on second stage...screwed up 3 times, then am stuck on one particular jump...am also missing 2 bags from tutorial level, so there's lots to do if you don't rush it...but it's hard not to rush!

I'll fill you guys in as I progress...but one comment before I delve back into it...difficulty settings are useless...based on combat difficulty and hints on where to go...haven't used a single hint yet!

Warboy
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
The time trials are insane. People have way to much time on their hands....

cadaveca
11-13-2008, 08:03 AM
So, played for a total of 5 hours last night, finished 4 "chapters".

After "sleeping on it", it occurred to me that this game is just like and old Prince of Persia, but in a semi-realistic new-age setting.

I love Prince of Persia...

What seals the deal for me is knowing that there are an additional 6 "chapters" left to complete, each with 3 levels(or so it has been so far).

The movement up and down buildings is very realistic, except for some really high falls...that you survive by rolling out of...

The challenge of making it to the end of each level...can be frustrating at times. You can hit "circle" to show you where to go, but if there's a wall or something in the way...it only tells you the general direction...

Although there are many ways to go through a level, at times this is confined to specific rooms within the level, and otherwise it's pretty linear...but HOW you go to the other side is up to you...do you slide under, or go over...do you wall run and jump, or take the straight line...

I'm looking forward to completing the game, and then going SLOWLY through each level to find alternate paths, and the packages strewn through the levels to open unlockables, and THEN trying the time trials..

I give it an 7 out of 10, and it only looses points because I got a system freeze early in the game, and on a console, crashes and such are not acceptable. Otherwise, even in what you would think would cause some slowdown, has been handled effectively with blur, so the perception of slowdown in minimal...

If it wasn't for the crash, it would get a 9, loosing 1 point for the shortness of the game, but in the end I understand, I think, why it is "short"(360 disk spec). I am not as critical as game reviewers, simply becaseu I appreciate the game for what it is...entertainment.

And let me tell you, I have been entertained!

duckyboy1975
09-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Picked this up for 10 bucks the other day and am really having a blast. It's a great game to bust out to show non-gamers how far the graphics and gameplay of games have come. Jumping off a building and getting a sweet air ride (http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/) is a feeling unlike any other gaming experience. Time trails are super fun and addictive, too.

lowfat
09-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I hated the game. It is the last favourite game I purchased in years.