PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen captaincascade?

Circaflex
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Has anyone seen or talked with john lately? havent heard from in in around a month or so, getting a little worried.

teyber
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Nah, he gets in and out of phase change. Worse case scenario you could just pick it up from him. I love the guy but is very flaky. take a look at his past... hes like ZOMG REFRIGERATION MONSTER for a month or so, then doesn't post again for a year or so...

Is he picking up his phone?

killermiller
11-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Does he still have your cooler?

piotres
11-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I love the guy

So that's true :D. Sorry but I can't stand :ROTF:. of course it's J/K Teyber

Circaflex
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Does he still have your cooler?

that he does, i ordered a new temp diode from ron and then shipped it to captain and havent heard from him since. I guess i should look for another builder who can fix my unit before i pick it up from captain... this sucks i finally start getting my pc ready and the phase unit is MIA/not working and i dont feel like dropping down a whole bunch of money for a new build.:shrug:

teyber
11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
So that's true :D. Sorry but I can't stand :ROTF:. of course it's J/K Teyber

:p:

circaflex, he doesn't pick up the phone?:down:

Circaflex
11-08-2008, 02:21 PM
maybe im just tyring to reach him at a "busy" time ive even tried text messages this sucks, i wish there was someone local who could repair this for sure or even look into building a new unit with bits and pieces from my "broken" build :(

Circaflex
11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Spoke with John Lester Senior, seems captain is gone for 6months to a year, great no notice or anything and he owes me money =/

teyber
11-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Spoke with John Lester Senior, seems captain is gone for 6months to a year, great no notice or anything and he owes me money =/

Well your build is in his shop, i saw it there when i was in his shop(er- this was a while back... maybe august?). he might be gone but your not out what you paid for from gomeler.

Circaflex
11-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh i know the unit is there, its just a matter of me getting it. But he does owe me money that i paid him, but thats another story.

Circaflex
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
sorry to bump an old thread BUT DO NOT EVER USE THIS GUY, he took money from me, and no one at LA Cascade can find the box i mailed with parts for my unit, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS GUY AS POSSIBLE.

aenigma
02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
captaincascade is a very good guy, I have had no problems with him in the past. He shipped me a box full of parts when I was building my autocascade and a 1hp copeland compressor for free, who does that? Sure, he can be flaky/forgetful/eccentric from what I remember, but he is a good guy. He just reminds me of a guy with a short attention span who will drop what he is doing to go have fun. Sorry about your problems.

Circaflex
02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
I dont consider someone a good person when they disappear, and I get word from his father that hell be gone for maybe 6 months to a year

teyber
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I dont consider someone a good person when they disappear, and I get word from his father that hell be gone for maybe 6 months to a year

really?

i think he has some big personal stuff going on right now if even his family doesn't know where he is :shrug: and this is problably the last thing on his mind

no way shape or form trying to say it doesn't suck

Circaflex
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
no, its a work related thing hes doing out of the country, they know where he is. And i dont care how big an emergency is, you can email, or call your CLIENT and let them know hey i cant work on this right now etc etc.

aenigma
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that is a good point. I just wanted to relay my experiences with him is all...

captaincascade
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Excuse my absence. You've got a pm, a check, and an apology coming your way. I'm sorry i left so abruptly and without any contact or word., I've been in New Orleans helping my mom out. She's diabetic and has been having issues. I want to thank my friends who stuck up for me. If you guys need some parts again, hit me up. I hope you all know, I had every intention of repairing this system and would never rip-off, cheat, do shotty work, or intentionally inconvienence anyone, especially when it would do direct harm to a reputation ive worked so hard to have (.......or had anyway:-( ),.

teyber
08-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Excuse my absence. You've got a pm, a check, and an apology coming your way. I'm sorry i left so abruptly and without any contact or word., I've been in New Orleans helping my mom out. She's diabetic and has been having issues. I want to thank my friends who stuck up for me. If you guys need some parts again, hit me up. I hope you all know, I had every intention of repairing this system and would never rip-off, cheat, do shotty work, or intentionally inconvienence anyone, especially when it would do direct harm to a reputation ive worked so hard to have (.......or had anyway:-( ),.

dude the crazy man is back :up: :welcome::welcome::welcome: we all love you still haha

tiborrr
08-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Freezer Racer is back! Weeeeeee! :up:

Circaflex
08-12-2009, 10:25 AM
sent a pm on 8/7 and an email to you.

sdumper
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Bummer I hate negative posts but there is a reason builders take money up front.

Look at me I am out close to 1350.00 for the cascade I built for NcSpecv81 who completely disappeared and wont respond to any of my emails or PMs.

I will NEVER EVER build on my own dime again.

Circaflex
08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
i agree sdumper, it seem society has gone downhill wayyyyyy to much to "trust" anyone anymore, and its really sad.

teyber
08-12-2009, 03:09 PM
i doubt john is gone again

Circaflex
08-12-2009, 06:47 PM
not saying hes gone again, i was more so commenting on sdumpers comment about having people pay upfront which is sad these days. BTW hows everything going teyber? one of these days we need to go hit some golfballs or play a round of 18.

[XC] 2long4u
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I could see making somebody pay for parts. There is no way I would build something with money out of pocket unless I was prepared to use it for myself.

sdumper
08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
2long4u;3957126']I could see making somebody pay for parts. There is no way I would build something with money out of pocket unless I was prepared to use it for myself.

I learned my lesson at least for cascades.

For SS units I will still foot the bill myself until its tuned and ready to go but for future cascade builds I want the buyer to have a vested interest so that he doesnt back out after the build is completed.

Im very frustrated at the moment because of my own stupidly in blindly trusting :(

Anyone enough about me and glad things worked out in this thread :up:

Circaflex
08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
still no word :( since he made his "comeback". sent emails to his personal account as well as company email along with a pm or two.

sdumper
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
still no word :( since he made his "comeback". sent emails to his personal account as well as company email along with a pm or two.

I feel for you man Im in the same boat although the guy im waiting on is purposely ignoring my emails and pms....

Why in the heck cant people just communicate...

captaincascade
08-15-2009, 10:57 PM
geez guys gimme a week. Pm sent and ill mail that check on monday. I know it's the principal of it but we are only talking 60$. I had thought my company (father) took care of it when he told me it was picked up. I wasn't doing this to make money. the truth is its near impossible to make money building custom systems or reapairing systems. The company i work for right now charges 175$ an hour for my time. I make a good chunk of that. I was only trying to help a guy out and it sux that in the end it looks like i tried to screw him. Any screwing was extremely unintentional. Theres nothing i can do to make it up but pay his money back, apologize, and hope people dont think im some wierd refrigeration con artist.

tiborrr
08-16-2009, 03:10 AM
I firmly believe captaincascade didn't intentionally try to screw over anyone. I still hope he will return back in the old style we all loved - building crazy cool processor refrigerators! :up:

Circaflex
08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
hes in contact, im not worried

teyber
08-18-2009, 05:24 PM
damn john thats a lot per owah, maybe you could take me out to lunch or something lol :D

Circaflex
08-22-2009, 03:52 PM
sent ya an email, wondering if the check ever made it to the post office?

teyber
08-22-2009, 04:18 PM
look mr john treats objects like woman man

Circaflex
08-23-2009, 09:02 AM
look mr john treats objects like woman man

:confused::confused::confused:

Circaflex
08-25-2009, 07:42 AM
havent been able to get any contact since 8/15. not good.....

Circaflex
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM
hmmmmm this is getting irritating. Still no contact, or response to my emails. Have you made it to the post office with the check yet?

Circaflex
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
finally got an email response back, hoping this is all sorted by the end of the next week.

Circaflex
09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
he said he sent a check out on the 27th of august, still no signs of it in my mail. hopefully its just a slow post office error or something.

gosmeyer
09-05-2009, 04:22 PM
This SUCKS! move this please!

Circaflex
09-07-2009, 07:54 AM
ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say it might be because labor day, but hopefully a check is in my hands by the end of this week.

sdumper
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
This really should be in builders relations...

Circaflex
09-10-2009, 11:09 AM
:( still no reply to my emails or even this thread, im thinking the check never made it to the post office. It may seem like a small amount of money to some, but to me its a lot of money for a broke college student to be out. :(

chispy
09-11-2009, 05:48 AM
oh man this sucks :( , i dont like to read about things like this it makes me sad. I wish you good luck getting your money back.

chispy.

Circaflex
09-12-2009, 10:03 AM
check finally showed up. issues resolved.

sdumper
09-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Good news