PDA

View Full Version : Blackops Hangs at FF

Partisan
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I had a good run with the cascade yesterday with my e8600@589x10 but the board gave up in the end so i thought mabye condensation.
I got ready for a new run today prepping the board for a few hours,stripping it and letting it sit in the owen att about 50c for 45min.
Everything seemed fine and the insulation was updated.
So i rig everything and try to boot but the board just displays FF for a few seconds and then reboots and hangs at FF.

I have read the bios postcodes guide and done everything:
tried all jumper settings for the bios select
removed the bioschips
swapped places of the bioschips
tried three different vgas in all pcie slots
tried 2 different cpu´s wich i know work on other boards.
tried 4 different sticks of ram in all slots with no luck.
removed the battery and clear cmos with jumper.

Have i forgotten something or is my board dead?
and if it´s dead theres no chance of rma with vaseline all over the board ..right?

Hw is
Blackops g32
e8600
2x 4870x2
cellshock1866/ocz platinum 1800

really thankfull for some help here cus im in a comp right now and the blackops is my only x48 board and i only have gigabyte p35 and asus commando for backup.

Bandito
11-04-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I had that when the cap pins on the back of the board were shorting with a metal backplate. I think it may be a short somewhere. After a good inspection, I would try it with an air cooler and no insulation and see if it boots.

Partisan
11-04-2008, 05:00 AM
All the tests and troubleshooting with the bios chips and pins were with aircooling and removed insulation.
but i will inspect for any suspected short now, thanks for the tip.

Partisan
11-04-2008, 06:40 AM
checked the board again now with no luck so i guess i´ll rma the board.

yiancar
11-04-2008, 07:22 AM
m8 if you get ff from my experience it can be 2 thinks , or the board is bended or the cpu pwm is not working . if is the pwm you can just rma the board :)