PDA

View Full Version : Damn Vista Admin Poo

Defratos
11-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi guys, I've been using Vista x64 for over a year now, I wanted to ask something, is there anyway of switching off the DAMN ADMIN pop ups that keep on coming up with every damn program? I hate it when it asks me every bloody time for admin confirmation, I mean I AM THE DAMN ADMIN SO WHY ASK EVERY BLOODY TIME!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for the rant but anyway of switching this off or do I have to go back to XP??:shakes:

Flarexi
11-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Control panel -> Users\User access control -> disable and have a nice day :)

Defratos
11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Yaaaaaaay thanks buddy :up:

XS_Rich
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
What are you running that needs admin access every time you use it?

UAC is only ever really a pain for me when I'm installing / removing programs, not day to day.

Defratos
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
well....everytime I open the following:

- HW Monitor
- Prime
- Orthos
- installing or unistalling anything!!
- and whole load of other programs that I can't remember now

it pops up with that stupid screen to give admin permisson, it just sucks. But not anymore thanks to Flarexi :up:

Jowy Atreides
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
well....everytime I open the following:

- HW Monitor
- Prime
- Orthos
- installing or unistalling anything!!
- and whole load of other programs that I can't remember now

it pops up with that stupid screen to give admin permisson, it just sucks. But not anymore thanks to Flarexi :up:

UAC was literally designed to annoy you

dengyong
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Download vlite and rip all the useless crap out of vista before you install it.

SoulsCollective
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm amazed you've been running Vista for a year and didn't know about UAC. Hell, it even tells you in the about popup how to turn it off :confused:

Defratos
11-04-2008, 07:08 AM
UAC was literally designed to annoy you

Agreed!!

Download vlite and rip all the useless crap out of vista before you install it.

Just heard about this, I'll look into it :up:

I'm amazed you've been running Vista for a year and didn't know about UAC. Hell, it even tells you in the about popup how to turn it off :confused:

I know, I think I had a look around a year back but never really bothered, then just got lazy :rolleyes:

Salavat23
11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
After all, UAC does stand for Useless Annoying Crap .;)

m411b
11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
"In Windows Vista, the built-in administrator account is disabled by default. In previous versions of Windows, an Administrator account was automatically created during Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE) with a blank password. An Administrator account with a blank password is a security risk. To better protect the system, the built-in Administrator account is disabled by default in all clean installations and upgrades of Windows Vista"

Enter "cmd" in the search box under the Start menu and press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter to launch the command prompt with administrative privileges. Alternatively, you can also right-click the highlighted result and choose the "Run as administrator" option. Now, there is a simple command that you must type, namely "net user administrator /active:yes" without the inverted commas. In order to disable it, enter "net user administrator /active:no". Just hit Enter after each command and you're all set. :up:

Taken from: Absolute Admin (http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Vista-Built-in-Super-Administrator-Account-Has-Survived-in-Vista-SP1-78802.shtml)