can stuff a 120 inside my mid-tower nice and neat but, I don't think it'll be

enough. I keep my Q6600 at 3.5Ghz and I'm sure the Radeon will be be clocked in

short order. My current working theory is to add a 220, maybe a 320, I do like

my quiet fans.

I'm curious also, what candidates are there for a single radiator solution

for my system?

and has there been any consensus on this - INS-FM17 Coolant Flow Meter

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=740 - I found

the thread but it still seemed like an open question at this point?

AndrewZorn
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
MCR320 - make it fit.

Skip the flow meter... you'll know if there's a problem.
EDIT or, you won't know, but it won't be because you didn't have a flow meter.

EDIT and how does a post turn into something that looks like that? Did you just copy/paste from another forum? That would explain the "digging the lack of jeuvenile bickering".

skinnee
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
With the heat output of the loop you have a Dual Rad (2x120mm) will not be able to fully dissipate the heat. It will cool everything, but not very well, your temps will be quite high as a result. At a minimum add another MCR220, but for the extra $10-$15 you're better off going for the MCR320 like AndrewZorn suggests.

Additionally, I agree with AZ on the flow meter, skip it. You will know if there are problems, the flow meter will just add unwanted restriction in the loop.

Hope this helps you! If you have additional questions, ask away! :up:

Dangals
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
With the heat output of the loop you have a Dual Rad (2x120mm) will not be able to fully dissipate the heat. It will cool everything, but not very well, your temps will be quite high as a result. At a minimum add another MCR220, but for the extra $10-$15 you're better off going for the MCR320 like AndrewZorn suggests.

Additionally, I agree with AZ on the flow meter, skip it. You will know if there are problems, the flow meter will just add unwanted restriction in the loop.

Hope this helps you! If you have additional questions, ask away! :up:

+1 exactly what I was thinking

I have the 4870x2 and it is a fairly hot piece of hardware. I would be hesitant to run it with just the one MCR220 - I would add a MCR320 to the loop to help keep those temps down.

STEvil
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
2x120 rad would be fine enough but a 320 would be better.

Dont press return so often, computers are not typewriters ;)

SNiiPE_DoGG
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM

I find it hard to read a post when people aren't using space to seperate their thoughts, it's not like were novelists here. ;)

SoulsCollective
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I find it hard to read a post when people aren't using space to seperate their thoughts, it's not like were novelists here. ;)
Paragraphs are your friend, but

double spaced lines, with sentences

cut off suddenly in the middle of a phrase

are not.

SNiiPE_DoGG
11-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Paragraphs are your friend, but

double spaced lines, with sentences

cut off suddenly in the middle of a phrase

are not.

oops lol I'm distracted writitng a 4000 word paper :rolleyes:, I did not see the first posts formatting when I wrote that :D

basserdan
11-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry, I wrote this in text doc and pasted it here. I tend to write slow sometimes with lots of interuptions and sometimes I don't get back to writing before I shut down, writing in a text doc allows me to just save and return later if need be. As for knowing about behaviors in other forums, let's just say, "I dated other forums before I met you" ha.

Thanks for all of your opinions (and one assumption). I Think I'm going to need a full tower case but for the cost I could justify a more efficient radiator instead, anything out there in 3 x 120 that would do the job?

Is there a flow monitor that'll shut down on lack of pressure? Will the proc's temp monitor shut down the system before damage?

Thanks

inCore
11-03-2008, 01:00 AM
BUT ANYWAYS. Use a 320 and be content.

hellcamino
11-03-2008, 03:11 AM
@ basserdan, I think a pair of MCR220's will work just fine for you. For a comparison I am cooling my 4ghz x3360, nb, and TWO 4870X2's with a pair of feser 240's and my temps are quite good. 37c idle, 46c cpu temp while playing fallout 3 and gpu's 36-40c after playing for 3-4 hours.

TI66ER
11-03-2008, 06:55 AM
I agree with ^^,if you have no space for a 360,then just get another 220.Theres no justification for buying a new case just so you can fit a bigger rad.Also two 220's seem to cool hellcamino's machine fine.

basserdan
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Aren't the feser rads significantly more efficient? I mean, is it a fair comparison Swiftech and Feser?

rocket733
11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Feser rads probably get about 2+ degrees on the swiftechs.

SNiiPE_DoGG
11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Aren't the feser rads significantly more efficient? I mean, is it a fair comparison Swiftech and Feser?
no

Feser rads probably get about 2+ degrees on the swiftechs.

false, more like less than 3% with medium speed yate loons

twwen2
11-06-2008, 05:15 PM

I haven't seen a direct comparison, only Martin's one between the MCR320 and the PA120.3 (very similar to the Feser 360). In that review, the PA beat the MCR by a few %, depending on fan configuration.

m411b
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM

WOW!!! I thought I was the only person in the world that still calls the "Enter" key "Return" anymore. :up:

Man do I feel better, you just made my day... :)

hellcamino
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Well tbh I think the fesers are better for this app but the swiftechs will be fine as long as appropriate fans are used, I am using Panaflo ultra's at near minimum speeds for the temps I listed but I can actually lower the temps more by turning a couple of knobs on the fan controller.

I was originally using one PA120.2 and one MCR220, I swapped out the PA and got about a 2c drop and then I swapped out the MCR220 and got a 4c drop. If the OP is willing to make a little more noise with fans or spend a little more on rads I think a pair of 2x120 rads will work just fine for him.

As for my temp findings, I opt for the easier way of just watching the temps and recording the highest for sharing but my typical temps are actually lower.

basserdan
11-07-2008, 02:37 AM
I went ahead and ordered an mcr320. I think I can add it to my mcr220 and manage to be only slightly Frankenstein-ian on my mid-tower. Eventually, I'll have to get a more accommodating case.