PDA

View Full Version : xp blue screen?

rashio
10-11-2003, 01:48 PM
hi,
when i am playing games on my pc running xp pro, i will just be playing and all of a sudden i will get a blue screen with it saying "problem detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage" after that i get a whole list of 0's and x's e.g. "0xc00000005, 0xf8177bce, etc...

the next bit is "aeaudio.sys-adress f8177......"

then it says beginning physical mem dump and then completed physical mem dump

then contact system admin...

well this had happened to me twice now and i dont know what to do because i have only just started using xp so all this is new to me :(

is there any one who knows what is wrong with my xp pro?

thanks for your help :D

Capt_John_Carte
10-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Try a memtest and prime95 at least you could rule out hardware and blame it on microsoft :lol: But serious did you try a fresh install or did you do an upgrade install I think sometimes I have reinstall windows because windows doesn't take or install right just because it is microsoft sorry I can't help you more or maybe it's the game is it winxp comp

rashio
10-12-2003, 11:02 AM
i did a fresh install but i think there may have been errors in the installation progress

oh well i just install 2000 instead and it seems to be fine

thx anyway

Capt_John_Carte
10-12-2003, 02:10 PM
nno problem hey you know can change the compalty? (sorry can't spell today) mode of a program in xp like games and such to work under win98 when you run winxp you do a right click on the shortcut got properties click on the compatibity tab and you can run a program under win95 win98 and winme winnt or win 2000 if that was your problem dont know I wish you luck.

Ulfar
10-15-2003, 05:23 AM
I dont know about pentium's but that vcore that ur running with the oc seems a bit low to me atleast. :shrug: