PDA

View Full Version : refurbished blackberries from Telus (Canada) not so refurbished

TedShred
10-28-2008, 08:29 AM
As I wait for Fallout3 to appear on Steam - less than an hour to go:D, I'm watching a piece on the Business News Network featuring a woman who bought a refurbished blackberry from Telus and found that none of the previous owner's info had been deleted. (Apparently containing some confidential business info.) They sent her another one, and all the info of the previous owner was again still there. They then sent her a brand new one. Telus claimed that they adhere to "strict" standards and wipes 'em clean, then sends 'em to RIM for a second cleaning, before selling a blackberry as "refurbished." Telus is currently looking into how this happened, but the woman said they seemed pretty disinterested in her communications with them.

I'm not too familiar with these things, and am not sure why a person wouldn't delete their own info before giving up their blackberry, but thought it was interesting enough to post.

TheGoat Eater
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not too familiar with these things, and am not sure why a person wouldn't delete their own info before giving up their blackberry, but thought it was interesting enough to post.

YEAH! - I always wipe my own info before giving it up... not that hard to do usually...:shrug:

I too am getting anxious for FALLOUT 3 :up:

Planet
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
With blackberry it is super easy. Just set a password and enter the wrong one in a few times. Bam wiped.

Cheffy
10-30-2008, 08:34 AM
things that are refurbished go to be efurbished in a broken state. if the things bust im guessing its hard to wipe it until its been fixed atleast as much as needed to run the os?

at this level, your entirely reliant upon the repair shop who in this case it seems canot be trusted

STEvil
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Telus is a horrible company, not surprised.

B.E.E.F.
11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Telus is a horrible company, not surprised.

I've found them to be pretty good in Ontario. Its good to have competition.