PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: 790i FTW Digital PWM

IanY
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Right now, at this moment, what water blocks are available for the mosfets (which I dunno, but I think are different from the regular 790i and 790i FTW).

It looks like there are two banks of mosfets in the pictures, but there's discussion that only one bank of mosfets is present. I'm confused.

Do the ThermalRight heatsinks fit the digital mosfets?

The BP Black Freezer mosfets.. do those work on the Digital PWM mobo or are they designed only for the more ubitiquous 790i mobo?

Importing BP Black Freezer from East Asia and would like to know if the current mosfet blocks work.

IanY
10-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Yes yes yes.

That's not consistent with the pictures from EVGA :) Just saying. EVGA's pics shows a heatsink maze similar to all their other mobos, unless they were way too cheap to design a different heatsink, which is probably the case.

Gary has the BPs now? My folks on the other side of the world can get it sent over in a heartbeat, should I choose to buy the mobo.

Bojamijams
10-28-2008, 08:18 AM
President of RRR fan club now? Well well well...

IanY
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Well I thought I would stake my territory before someone called me by the B title or the W profession roflmao

Planet
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
It only has one bank of mofsets along the i/o panel. There is another extension directly across the cpu socket which makes contact with nothing. I will see about trying the thermalright for you at work tomorrow IanY

IanY
10-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much, Cpt Planet.

That's customer support at its finest.

SNiiPE_DoGG
10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't know if that BP block has built in standoffs or something but be careful if it doesn't, that Volterra PWM circuitry has VERY fragile mosfets.

0xdeadbeef
10-28-2008, 05:28 PM
If you decide against water cooling your mosfets, check with ViperJonhn if he has a solution. I'm using his heat sinks for my 790i FTW analog and maybe he has something for the digital version?

bot@xs
12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
ok, don't shot me. do i understand it right that you guys make custom nb/sb/mosfet wc blocks? amd only or intel as well?