PDA

View Full Version : VR Question

N00B pro
10-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Can someone please tell me how to measure my 10k resistor with a digital multimeter before installing it on my 9800 pro. I'd like to know at what ohm its at before i set it up and risking burning my gpu. Right now im touching all legs but getting nuttin on multimetere set in "auto". Can someone please help me out. Thank you.

tomati
10-14-2003, 10:59 AM
hi ,

have you got 3 pin on your 10kvr ? if i don't wrong , you should check the middle pin with an other an ( no matter of the other one , just keep in mind that determineted the sense of you turn the 10k vr , right or left ) , tell me if it's right or not , i' m not an expert too , if i have can help you .

shortcircuit
10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
umm, just touch the leads from your multimeter to the contact points on the VR and measure. You want the highest possible resistance (10Kohms in this case) to start with. This is true for pretty much every voltmod where you are reducing the voltage on the feedback loop by connecting a VR to ground.

Stang_Man
10-14-2003, 12:35 PM
noob, i dont want to sound harsh or anything... but i think it'd be in your best interest to not do these mods yet. Reading your posts so far, you have a lot of reading left to do, and inexperienced.