PDA

View Full Version : Help ! opened dead MCP655 PCB

anubis_is_evil
10-27-2008, 12:01 PM
guys...

a little help please..:(

i have swiftech MCP655 with flow speed controller, the "last legacy" from my past watercooling setup...bought this pump from my friend about 10-11 months a go for about 120US (he retired, coz he thinks Watercooling = expensive :D)....that time this pump work well enough...in mid year, have to sold all my watercooling parts cause needed money..i keep the pump, coz i wanna go watercooling again, so the pump go "sleep" for a while..:yepp:

put in the box. keep it in the closet.....and about 1 month a go, think to go watercooling again, and finnaly give MCP655 a try....holly mother of God ! it wont start to pump... it's R.I.P.....argghhhh :shrug: with breaks heart have to replace with DD CPX PRO argghhhh :shrug:

think to bring it to one my friend that quite well in fixing electronics...well he said he can(really2 hope so he does)...coz of wondering, so i opened the pump...and look what i see

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/anubis2004/c.jpg
dear God..:shrug:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/anubis2004/a-3.jpg
it looks rusty ! but how come ???...:shrug::shakes:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/anubis2004/b.jpg
this where the problem is, i tried to get the front module out so i can get the PCB...but its really hard to opened, do i have to break it ?? (please don't say "yes" :()..or maybe theres another way...?

any solution guys....can't get this pump again...can afford it, i rather get EK vga full block for my 88GT into my loop :)

thx..:)

AndrewZorn
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Rather get a full cover block!? RATHER GET A FULL COVER BLOCK!?

MCW60 + Ramsinks + Pump, especially since you are having cost concerns, is a better solution...

gillbot
10-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Try dousing it with electronics cleaner. Maybe something isn't making good contact.

jc99
10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
I can't tell form the picture because it's kind of blurry, but that brown stuff may be rosin from soldering. If that's what it is then it's not a problem. Is the brown stuff transparent? If it is, it's probably the rosin core from the solder.

HotGore
10-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Should have a warranty of 50 000 hours. Try for a warranty replacement.

jc99
10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
That's a MTBF of 50,000 hours. Not the warranty.

Navanod
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
120USD for this pump?? Your friend ripped you off?

Good luck with fixing it

AndrewZorn
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Indonesia.

Movieman
10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Do you live near the ocean?
Salt in the air could be the cause of corrosion.

Sparky
10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Looks like leftover flux. That won't be it.
Opening the pump voided any and all warranties that may have been left.

I hope it was never started dry.

STEvil
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
put a bit of water in the impeller dish then put the impeller in and tap it with power supplied (carefull water will come out).

Probably just a bit hung up from not being used.

IanY
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
$120... With friends like that, who needs enemies :)

hotdun
10-27-2008, 07:30 PM

hahaha...nice...:rofl:

I was thinkin' the same thing...:ROTF:

aspire.comptech
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Agreed.

anubis_is_evil
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

MCW60 + Ramsinks + Pump, especially since you are having cost concerns, is a better solution...

ow, you got it all wrong, maybe u don't see my sig ? do u see any pump there ! yes there is, its DD CPX PRO, and i'm currently satisfied with it even that is NOT as good as MCP655..no need for the most performance. i'm just asking for a little help for my broken pump, not more or less, if it really2 can't be help no more, well alright, i just let it go, and about EK full block..is only a willing not serieusly to buy it though..so please, there is no need to uppercase your words, i already get it, only stupid guy choose a vga wb instead MCP655 (if that guy did not have a pump in the loop yet !) but the topic that we talking here is, can my MCP655 is fixed ? not "choosing a pump or VGA WB"..why ? caused i'm already HAVE A PUMP
!...simple as that... sory ..

Try dousing it with electronics cleaner. Maybe something isn't making good contact.

already do that gilbot, it still wont...:shakes:

I can't tell form the picture because it's kind of blurry, but that brown stuff may be rosin from soldering. If that's what it is then it's not a problem. Is the brown stuff transparent? If it is, it's probably the rosin core from the solder.

no it's not soldering, it looks like rust...:shrug:

Should have a warranty of 50 000 hours. Try for a warranty replacement.

same answer like jc99 does :)

120USD for this pump?? Your friend ripped you off?

Good luck with fixing it

not a friend ripped me off, but a country that ripped me off? you can figure it out yourself which country is it ? :shocked:

Indonesia.

just solved the riddle for Navanod :rofl:

Do you live near the ocean?
Salt in the air could be the cause of corrosion.

yes, have the same though, but im located far from ocean, stil can't figure it out how this pump can go corrosion..all i need to taking off the PCB, but damm it's to hard..:shakes:

Looks like leftover flux. That won't be it.
Opening the pump voided any and all warranties that may have been left.

I hope it was never started dry.

maybe, something must be causing that flux..
yup opening the pump is voided warranties, i'm curious guy, so i open it :ROTF:

put a bit of water in the impeller dish then put the impeller in and tap it with power supplied (carefull water will come out).

Probably just a bit hung up from not being used.

already tried a few times STEvil..but it looks like it is hardly damaged. really2 no sounds of life :shakes:

yups, no need enemies, but would you believe there's one store in indonesia, put Swiftech MCP655 with no speed controller for about 160US price tag ? trust me, its true ! :yepp:

hahaha...nice...:rofl:

I was thinkin' the same thing...:ROTF:

all i can say, well lucky for you, indonesia is not your country...:rofl:

Agreed.

would to say same thing.................. .........if i'm in US :rofl:

AndrewZorn
10-28-2008, 04:38 AM
You said you'd 'rather' get a full cover block than repair the pump, as if you must do one of the two, and that you couldn't afford to do both. That's what I was talking about.

anubis_is_evil
10-28-2008, 04:55 AM
You said you'd 'rather' get a full cover block than repair the pump, as if you must do one of the two, and that you couldn't afford to do both. That's what I was talking about.

no andrew, what i'm saying is, i can't afford to buy a new one ;)..and also i'm not thinking for going a secong loop for now, single loop is quite satisfied for me right now...

and if i'm going second loop, it will be more WC stuff to buy, not just this pump it self, but indeed, i will chose this pump if my budget is fit for me..

the reason wanna get fixed the pump, probably can make me save my money to go second loop..:)