PDA

View Full Version : Asus P5Q-Pro. Strange Behavior. HELP ME!!

concretefire
10-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok.....I grant you I am behind the times and am having a difficult re-learning curve..but I am gaining on it. :up:

For instance: <everything so far AUTO in Bios>
Last night I was messing around with coretemp. I noticed my CPU was going back and forth between 1600 mhz and 2.4 ghz (Quad 6600) and the multi kept changing between x9 and x6. :shocked::shocked::shrug:

Don't worry. I figured that one out by reading the internet.
It was 2 bios settings that were enabling some power conservation stuff I suppose.

I'm having another issue though that I just can't figure out. I don't think it's a hardware problem but rather a setting somewhere....................either something I have enabled via after install software from asus,,,or bios setting that I am not familiar with.

Ok. Computer is on. Everthing is lovely. No issues at all. As long as I am DOING SOMETHING I have no issues. My problems is sometimes I fall asleep or go to work, and when I come back to computer, I see a dark blue monitor with a "no signal to display" message. ( HTPC 50 inch samsung with VGA input)

SOMETIMES when I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the computer jumps back to life and viola,,,there it is . OTHER TIMES , that doesn't work, and I have to power down the PC and restart to get it to work.

However, even powering down the system doesn't always correct the problem. I litteraly have to unplug the PSU, and reset the CMOS to get it to respond.

Again, once the comuter is actualy showing on my monitor/tv, I have no issues at all. My setup:

P5Q-Pro
Gskill Ram 4gb
Quad 6600
650 watt PSU
VisionTek ATI 4870 GPU < hooked to monitor/Tv via dvi out on card > vga supplied adapter > into VGA compatible input on TV
Running vista 32 bit

Most of you are gonna laugh, I know, but it's starting to tick me off. Thank you in advance.