PDA

View Full Version : AEGIS Panel on Destroyer

saaya
10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey guys,
several people here complained that aegis panel on the destroyer doesnt work properly so i pushed our aplication engineer to check.

he tried AegisPanel 1.0.2.26 & 1.0.2.26 on Vista 32bit & 64bit with both P11 & P12. and it works... it works perfectly fine with every single combination... :confused:

so could you guys with problems please post more details?
are you using an older bios or aegis panel version?
are you using cpuz, setfsb or any other tools simultaneously that could cause issues? are you using windows xp? sp1? sp2? sp3?

FatAlbert
10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
your engineers should make movie how they do it ;)

couple months ago I wrote you my problems :D

i'm not using AP since max htt on my board is low and mb has htt hole :(

xp he sp2 + updates (I have original not cracked version)

saaya
10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
i forwarded it to them back then, finer steps in MHZ arent possible as the steps are defined by nvidia
regarding the fsb hole, they are still working on it, i guess... :/
wheres the htt hole for you? 240-270 htt? and 275htt works again?

and you said AP works for you?
you just wanted finer HTT steps and the HTT hole fixed, right?

FatAlbert
10-25-2008, 07:05 AM
some function still doesn't work, but I can live with they.

htt hole is between 260-300 :(

too big for htt oc on k8.

"and you said AP works for you?
you just wanted finer HTT steps and the HTT hole fixed, right?"

it will be great if those two options will be fixed :D

later, we think about the rest of it ;)

-58-
10-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for trying Saaya.

I'm one of those without the ability to use the Aegis Panel. I'm using the Aegis Panel Version 1.0.2.31 on Vista Ultimate 64 with the latest available bios for the Foxconn Destroyer board. My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+. There shouldn't be anything running on my computer to cause any sort of difficulty. Everything is running on a new hard drive and before much was installed the aegis panel was one of the first items.

The specific error I get when I try to run it is that a "system information utility has stopped working"

Please let me know if there is anything or any other info I can get you to help diagnose this problem.

Thanks again!

Aura89
10-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I have the same problem as the above guy, i just start the problem, and it gives me "system information utility has stopped working", i'm using the latest bios from the foxconn website, P12, my specs are 4 gig of DDR2 800 ram (2 gig sticks) OCZ Titanium Series, AMD 6000+ CPU, two 8800 GT's in SLI in the 16x slots, no audio card because currently mine doesn't work however when it did work it gave same problem so currently using the onboard audio, using Vista Ultimate 64bit edition and yes, it's legal, i bought it :P not much else i can say

ONLY thing i havn't tried, is reformatting, it may fix it but i doubt it? but currently i'm not going to do that until i'm ready because i don't feel it's a big enough problem to see if that would fix it :P

-58-
10-26-2008, 01:14 AM
ONLY thing i havn't tried, is reformatting, it may fix it but i doubt it? but currently i'm not going to do that until i'm ready because i don't feel it's a big enough problem to see if that would fix it :P

I doubt formatting will help. Mine didn't work on an upgrade from xp to vista. Started fresh on a new hard drive. Still doesn't work. And yes I'm using a legit retail version, my girlfriend does pr for microsoft, so I got it for free ;)

Aura89
10-27-2008, 08:03 AM
I doubt formatting will help. Mine didn't work on an upgrade from xp to vista. Started fresh on a new hard drive. Still doesn't work. And yes I'm using a legit retail version, my girlfriend does pr for microsoft, so I got it for free ;)

my friend works for microsoft, so i don't get it for free, but rather, 49.99, and that's just too good of a deal to pass up for Vista Ultimate both 32bit and 64bit combined :P

Lipfip
11-07-2008, 01:47 AM
I am sry...but i cant use Aegis Panel on my new Destroyer. I always get the message "unknown mb". I tried it with XP Professional SP2 and Vista Buisness 64Bit...always the same result. Can I make something wrong with the installation of the drivers or the AP,or can it come with certain hardware compositions to this problem? I am using an X2 5400 BlackEdition, Corsair Dominator 2*2GB DDr2 1066, Onboard-GPU and an BeQuiet P5.

FatAlbert
11-07-2008, 04:04 AM
what version are you using ?

download the newest from qf site :D

Lipfip
11-07-2008, 07:12 AM
I tried all Versions :( from new to old...i always get the same error. Is there any other Tool, wich can show me nearly correct Temps and Voltages?? I tried CoreTemp and Everest 4.5...they show me not really realistic values ;(

FatAlbert
11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
imo?

you shuold make voltage points in mb :D

Aura89
11-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I tried all Versions :( from new to old...i always get the same error. Is there any other Tool, wich can show me nearly correct Temps and Voltages?? I tried CoreTemp and Everest 4.5...they show me not really realistic values ;(

Try Everest 4.6, works flawlessly for me, as far as i know at least :P

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Aura89/everest-1.jpg

Lipfip
11-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Mmmhhh...Everst knows Destroyer...but i´m not very happy with the Temps :shrug:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/screen-everest-destroyhe75.bmp (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=screen-everest-destroyhe75.bmp)

but it seems to depends on the CPU or what did u mean??

Aura89
11-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Mmmhhh...Everst knows Destroyer...but i´m not very happy with the Temps :shrug:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/screen-everest-destroyhe75.bmp (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=screen-everest-destroyhe75.bmp)

but it seems to depends on the CPU or what did u mean??

everything looks fine in there except for your individual core degree, i'm not sure why it would show that low, either the trial one doesn't read correctly or maybe the sensors in the CPU are calibrated wrong, i'm not sure, that's really weird

Lord_Hades
11-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Hello,
I Recently Bought A Foxconn Destroyer And Have Installed It With An AMD Phenom 9950 (125 Watt Agena Core Version), 2 Gigs Corsair Pc8500 Memory And (2) Asus EN9800GT Ultimate GPU (SLI) Cards (Slots 1 And 3). My current Bios Revision Is P12. It Was Flashed P12 Out Of The Box.

My Problem Is The Aegis Software Crashes Immediately Upon Clicking The Icon To Open. When It Crashes It Says "System Information Utility Has Encounterd And Error And Needs To Close." I Have Tried A Few Different Versions Of This Aegis Panel That I Could Find And They All Seem To Crash The Same Way, Same Error. I Did Manage To Get The Aegis Panel To Work For A Short Time By Installing It Before The Video Drivers. I Could Only Get The Panel To Work As Long As I Did Not Load An Nvidia Display Driver. Could Someone Please Look Into A Way To Make This Software Work.

Thanks

FatAlbert
11-16-2008, 02:40 AM
i don't know why aep doesn't work in your mbs. mine works good

Marco André
11-16-2008, 07:01 AM
I've a Destroyer here already tested it with several different hardware, bios and all Aegis Panel versions and it doesn't work... I always get the Unknown motherboard error :(

CPU: Phenom x4 9850, Phenom x4 9600 and Phenom x3 8750
HDD: wd raptor 36gb, wd 250gb and hitachi 160gb
VGA: 7800GTX 256Mb, HD3850 512Mb, HD4870 512Mb and HD4870X2 2Gb
RAM: Muhskin 4Gb 800MHz, OCZ flex II 1150MHz, Gskill 4Gb 900MHz

Maybe i can ask if it's possible to send this motherboard back to you and then you check with engineers :(

FatAlbert
11-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I've a Destroyer here already tested it with several different hardware, bios and all Aegis Panel versions and it doesn't work... I always get the Unknown motherboard error :(

CPU: Phenom x4 9850, Phenom x4 9600 and Phenom x3 8750
HDD: wd raptor 36gb, wd 250gb and hitachi 160gb
VGA: 7800GTX 256Mb, HD3850 512Mb, HD4870 512Mb and HD4870X2 2Gb
RAM: Muhskin 4Gb 800MHz, OCZ flex II 1150MHz, Gskill 4Gb 900MHz

Maybe i can ask if it's possible to send this motherboard back to you and then you check with engineers :(

you're talking to saaya or me ? :shrug:

I'm not in foxy and I don't know why aep doesn't work.

did you try other bios ?

Marco André
11-16-2008, 10:30 AM

did you try other bios ?

to saaya ;) Yes, i've tried some

Aura89
11-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello,
I Recently Bought A Foxconn Destroyer And Have Installed It With An AMD Phenom 9950 (125 Watt Agena Core Version), 2 Gigs Corsair Pc8500 Memory And (2) Asus EN9800GT Ultimate GPU (SLI) Cards (Slots 1 And 3). My current Bios Revision Is P12. It Was Flashed P12 Out Of The Box.

My Problem Is The Aegis Software Crashes Immediately Upon Clicking The Icon To Open. When It Crashes It Says "System Information Utility Has Encounterd And Error And Needs To Close." I Have Tried A Few Different Versions Of This Aegis Panel That I Could Find And They All Seem To Crash The Same Way, Same Error. I Did Manage To Get The Aegis Panel To Work For A Short Time By Installing It Before The Video Drivers. I Could Only Get The Panel To Work As Long As I Did Not Load An Nvidia Display Driver. Could Someone Please Look Into A Way To Make This Software Work.

Thanks

exact thing i get

Lord_Hades
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM

did you try other bios ?

I Was Asking The Question To Whomever Can Actually Do Something About The Problem.

I Will Try Another Bios When A "Better Than The One I Have" Becomes Available. Information And Updates On This "Brand New" Board Seem To Be Extremely Limited At This Time.

It Took A While To Get This Board Running But As For Right Now The Board, 1066 Memory And Processor Cores Are Stable With My Current Settings And I Cant See Messing With The Bios.

The Problem IMO Is The Software Because Aegis Will Work Without Loading Nvidia Drivers For My Graphics Cards. As Soon As I load The Drivers For Video I Get This Error "System Information Utility Has Encounterd An Error And Needs To Close." With Or Without SLI Enabled.

Lipfip
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh I am glad to see that I am not alone with the AP-Problem. So I can be sure it doesn´t depend on me :)

I tried several Bios and versions of AP...either i get "unknown mb" or "System Information Utility Has Encounterd And Error And Needs To Close." I decided to ignore AP and use my Destroyer with Everest...hope the problem will be solved with a new Bios which comes soon with the new Deneb.

Marco André
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
How can the engineers fix the problem if they can't reproduce our problem? :shrug:

FatAlbert
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4861/xsdapv5.jpg
specially for ya guys :D

working aep and my bios ver.

winxp+k8. when I was running on k10 he works too.

and if you want ocing try NVIDIA control panel and I can make steps by 1mhz :D and it's works :D

ps

couple months ago Vince gave me advice I should try "NFORCE system tools 6.0" it's works in a half but try this application :D

Marco André
11-17-2008, 02:14 PM
ahah lucky bastard :D offtopic - can you test the max fsb pleeeeease? /offtopic

Lord_Hades
11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4861/xsdapv5.jpg
specially for ya guys :D

working aep and my bios ver.

winxp+k8. when I was running on k10 he works too.

and if you want ocing try NVIDIA control panel and I can make steps by 1mhz :D and it's works :D

ps

couple months ago Vince gave me advice I should try "NFORCE system tools 6.0" it's works in a half but try this application :D

Perhaps Im Asking The Wrong Questions.

What Bios Version Are You Using And Is It Available To Us?
Are You Using The Onboard Video?
Did You Install Drivers Packaged With The Motherboard Or Third Party?
If You Are Using Nvidia Drivers From the Nvidia Website Please Specify The Version.
Did you Install The Aegis Panel Before Or After Video Drivers?

If I Missed Any Questions That You Feel I Should Have Asked Please Feel Free To Help Us All. Thanks

FatAlbert
11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
when Shamino send me this mb, said- give me a feedback ;)

so I'm giving you :D

ahah lucky bastard :D offtopic - can you test the max fsb pleeeeease? /offtopic

ofc, I did this when mb come to me ;)

380 mhz, bios 0512

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=365704

:D

for first english isn't my mother language so please try understand what I try tell ya :D

Perhaps Im Asking The Wrong Questions.

What Bios Version Are You Using And Is It Available To Us?
(...)

yes, all (almost) bios is available for you.

(...)
Are You Using The Onboard Video?
(...)

I was, one time, yesterday, for benches :D

(...)
Did You Install Drivers Packaged With The Motherboard Or Third Party?
(...)

sorry but I have a sample, only board + extra cooling.

(...)
If You Are Using Nvidia Drivers From the Nvidia Website Please Specify The Version.
(...)

hmm, 175.16 now for igp and in the past, an old one (66.xx), because I haven't cash for something more powerful than 6600 :D

(...)
Did you Install The Aegis Panel Before Or After Video Drivers?
(...)

aep was installed when all drivers, programs etc was on my hdd (but when it was os for benching aep was the last applications which was on my hdd)

(...)
If I Missed Any Questions That You Feel I Should Have Asked Please Feel Free To Help Us All. Thanks

you are giving me the questions I'm trying help you :D:D

simple as my GF6600 DDR2 :D

btw

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5080/dsci1654vm7.jpg

:D:D:D

Lord_Hades
11-18-2008, 10:52 AM
So Where Does One Get This 0512 Bios Revision For The Destroyer. Do You Know What Bios 0512 Updated, Fixed And What Processors Are Supported?

I Cant Seem To Find 0512 On Any OF The Foxconn Web Sites.

FatAlbert
11-18-2008, 11:48 AM
you can't 'coz 0512 is very old bios.

I can't give you him because he hasn't got regulation of nb multi and has low voltage.

and I can't because I can't find him :D

don't be angry with me but you want old bios from 12 may '08 :D

just wait, maybe sayaa send me some new one and I try him and then I give you :D

Marco André
11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
So Where Does One Get This 0512 Bios Revision For The Destroyer. Do You Know What Bios 0512 Updated, Fixed And What Processors Are Supported?

I Cant Seem To Find 0512 On Any OF The Foxconn Web Sites.

Don't know if you want to try a beta Bios i've here... i received it a month ago :shrug:

FatAlbert
11-18-2008, 01:28 PM
for k8 it's ok but not for k10 :D

Aura89
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
sorry but I have a sample, only board + extra cooling.

If i read you correctly you're saying you have a sample Destroyer? Could it be possible that since you have a sample that is the reason it is working? IE maybe our boards are different on the physical level? Usually sample boards are slightly (or drastically depending on how much of a "sample" it is) then the final released product

Just curious :)

Lord_Hades
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I Would Like A Newer Bios Than The P12 If Possible. Going Back To May Of 2008 Bios Probably Will Create More Problems.

**I Will Accept Use Of A New Beta Bios.**

I Have No Problems With Flashing A Beta Bios And Seeing What It Will Do To Fix The Problem. It Would Be Nice To Have Beta Bios With Release Notes So I Can See What Has Been Changed In The Destroyer Bios Settings.

I'm Sure The Aegis Panel Probably Works Fine With Older Bios And Older Processors, But I Will Be Using Phenom 9950BE Only, Unless A More Potent Processor Comes Along That Is Compatible With Socket AM2+ And Proves It Can Beat What I Already Have, In Which Case I May Upgrade.

FatAlbert
11-18-2008, 11:18 PM
If i read you correctly you're saying you have a sample Destroyer? Could it be possible that since you have a sample that is the reason it is working? IE maybe our boards are different on the physical level? Usually sample boards are slightly (or drastically depending on how much of a "sample" it is) then the final released product

Just curious :)

i don't think so.

i haven't got acces to retail to test it but I know who should has a retail, I talk to him or maybe he come here and try talk with you :D

Marco André
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I Would Like A Newer Bios Than The P12 If Possible. Going Back To May Of 2008 Bios Probably Will Create More Problems.

**I Will Accept Use Of A New Beta Bios.**

I believe you can grab it here: http://www.lilireviews.com/auxiliares/79CF1S03.7z

Lord_Hades
11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I believe you can grab it here: http://www.lilireviews.com/auxiliares/79CF1S03.7z

Do You Have Any Additional Info On This File? Are You Sure It Is For The Destroyer? Any Release Notes?

Marco André
11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Do You Have Any Additional Info On This File? Are You Sure It Is For The Destroyer? Any Release Notes?

No additional infos but i it was send it to me by a technical manager when we're chating about this problem ;)

Lord_Hades
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I Found Another Thread Elsewhere For The Aegis Panel 1.02.34 But The DL Link Was Dead. Seems To Be Working Again. Will This Work On The Destroyer?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8cc7...Panel10234_rar

Aura89
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I Found Another Thread Elsewhere For The Aegis Panel 1.02.34 But The DL Link Was Dead. Seems To Be Working Again. Will This Work On The Destroyer?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8cc7...Panel10234_rar

the link you put down doesn't work, because it litterally goes to that link....with the 3 "..." in it

Lord_Hades
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Hmmm, Interesting....It Was Working Last Night. I Was Able To Get It.

Aura89
12-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, Interesting....It Was Working Last Night. I Was Able To Get It.

what i mean is the link you put is not the link you meant to post, it litterally leads us to a link that is shortened with the dots in it

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8cc7 ----> ... <---Panel10234_rar

you need to post the entire link, not a shortened one

this one will work

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8cc71d/n/AegisPanel10234_rar

And yes i know it looks the same but trust me, it's not

however, it also tells me

"Sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server.

Please try again later, or you can upgrade to FileFactory Premium for instant access."

Oddly enough this one works though

http://www.filefactory.com/file/edf65e/n/AegisPanel10234_zip

I will see if it works in a moment on the destroyer

Aura89
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
So both AegisPanel 1.02.32 and 1.02.34 do not work on destroyer, both crash on startup

FatAlbert
12-05-2008, 02:32 AM
all right guys today I must do fresh instalation of windows and I'll write for you when AP was installed, maybe this can help you.

btw

is here someone who can ocing igp ?

is on cd which you get with mb is software for that ?

LORD HADES
12-05-2008, 05:15 AM
So both AegisPanel 1.02.32 and 1.02.34 do not work on destroyer, both crash on startup

Confirmed....I Cannot Get Any Version Of AP To Work.

Lord_Hades
12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I have tried the most recent versions of the aegis panel (up to version 1.02.34), on my Destroyer set-up (see signature), with the most recent bios versions p12 and p13.

I simply cannot get the aegis panel to work at all in either winxp sp2 or vista 32bit with my set-up. I have not tried the panel with the onboard video output because i would rather have my 2 9800gt's in sli. However, I HAVE TRIED ENABLING HYBRID SLI WITH ONBOARD GPU AND USING VISTA TO DISABLE IT while using my 9800 gpu's in sli. I just cant get the program to play ball!!

As soon as i open the program it crashes as i described in previous posts.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have also looked into several of the universal system monitors but none of them seem to suite what i am looking for.

Truthfully, i have been an abit motherboard user for a very long time. Abit has the uguru utility and the aegis panel is the closest program i can see working like uguru on the Foxconn mainboard. I recently decided to switch to foxconn because abit is no more after december 2008 and i have heard good things in Foxconn's favor. Overall, the destroyer mainboard runs well with no major problems but i wish someone could fix the aegis panel problem. The Destroyer is really Nice but it would be really "Awesome" with this program working.

Aura89
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Yup. P13 bios does not work with it either

Count of Anjou
01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hello,

Thanks

I am having the same problem as Lord Hades with the Aegis Panel crashing immediately. :down: If you don't close the error window, it will not crash, but there is definitely a problem. This occrured with bios version P12 (as received) and Aegis Panel Versions 31 and 34 on a 32-bit Win XP PRO SP3 system. Is there any hope for a fix? What information could I provide that might help the "engineers" resolve this. I want to use Aegis Panel to control the speed of the fans to keep the noise levels down. The fans at full speed (2650 rpm) are quite loud (32 dB). Merci, mon ami.

My PC specs for my first home-built:
Antec Sonata III Case w/120mm Fan; Foxconn Destroyer Motherboard; Phenom 9850 “Black Edition” CPU @ 2.5GHz; 92mm Zalman copper CPU Fan/Heatsink; XFX 9800 GTX+ GPU; 2GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2; 160 GB Seagate SATA-II HDD; 20x LG SATA DVD Burner; Edimax PCI Wireless LAN Card; Win XP Pro SP3.

Prozium
01-17-2009, 12:45 AM
working for me.. so far any how.
picture (http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/18/1652109/Frirstoverclock_Destroyer.JPG)

Im useing XP x64 and system info is in sig.

Lord_Hades
01-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Confirmed:
I Am Using Bios P13 And Aegis Panel Version 1.0.2.34.

The Only Way I Can Get This Aegis Panel Program To Work Is To Install The Drivers That Came With The Board (CD ONLY). I Cannot Use Any Add-On Video Cards That Require Different Video Drivers And I Cannot Install Any Drivers From Nvidia For Addon Cards, Mainboard Support, Have To Use Onboard Video. The Program Will Work In This Instance.

I Have Sat Down And Tested This Serveral Times With Several Fresh Installs Of Server 2003, Vista, Vista SP1 And XP Pro Sp2. This Board And The Drivers On The CD Will Work On Server 2003 Despite The Fact That The Auto Play Screen From The Driver CD Will Say Otherwise And No Drivers Are Set For Server 2003 Support.

Another Bug In The Aegis Panel Program Versions 1.0.2.31 -1.0.2.34 Is The Fact That It Reads The PCI-E Slot As Being Overclocked To 125MHZ. I Know That It Is Set At 100 MHZ In The Bios And Other Programs Read It At 100mhz As Well.

Aegis Panel., Nvidia System Tools, Everest.... Etc. All Have Their Own Flaws When Trying To Get Readings From This Board.

After Fighting With This Board For Nearly 2 Months I Have Stripped All Of The Addon Parts Off This Board (video cards ....etc) And Am Currently Using This Board As A Fulltime Server, Running Server 2003, Using The Onboard Video And Aegis Panel 1.0.2.34.

Almost Seems This Is What This Board Was Meant To Do.

I Dont Know What Else To Do With This Thing Due To Lack Of Support, Problems With Aegis Panel, No Support For Functionality Other Than Basic Drivers Updates And 1 Bios Revision....ETC.

Aura89
01-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Confirmed:
I Am Using Bios P13 And Aegis Panel Version 1.0.2.34.

The Only Way I Can Get This Aegis Panel Program To Work Is To Install The Drivers That Came With The Board (CD ONLY). I Cannot Use Any Add-On Video Cards That Require Different Video Drivers And I Cannot Install Any Drivers From Nvidia For Addon Cards, Mainboard Support, Have To Use Onboard Video. The Program Will Work In This Instance.

I Have Sat Down And Tested This Serveral Times With Several Fresh Installs Of Server 2003, Vista, Vista SP1 And XP Pro Sp2. This Board And The Drivers On The CD Will Work On Server 2003 Despite The Fact That The Auto Play Screen From The Driver CD Will Say Otherwise And No Drivers Are Set For Server 2003 Support.

Another Bug In The Aegis Panel Program Versions 1.0.2.31 -1.0.2.34 Is The Fact That It Reads The PCI-E Slot As Being Overclocked To 125MHZ. I Know That It Is Set At 100 MHZ In The Bios And Other Programs Read It At 100mhz As Well.

Aegis Panel., Nvidia System Tools, Everest.... Etc. All Have Their Own Flaws When Trying To Get Readings From This Board.

After Fighting With This Board For Nearly 2 Months I Have Stripped All Of The Addon Parts Off This Board (video cards ....etc) And Am Currently Using This Board As A Fulltime Server, Running Server 2003, Using The Onboard Video And Aegis Panel 1.0.2.34.

Almost Seems This Is What This Board Was Meant To Do.

I Dont Know What Else To Do With This Thing Due To Lack Of Support, Problems With Aegis Panel, No Support For Functionality Other Than Basic Drivers Updates And 1 Bios Revision....ETC.

That is very interesting, i would test myself to see if mine worked with all of that but yeah...i don't feel like doing all that work :P

Prozium
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
yep double confirmed. I just finished installing all the windows updates and one of the updates was the nVidia 780a SLI chip set update and now the aegis panel does not work. I even downloaded FOX One and it doesn't read the CPU although it reads the other stuff.

does Foxconn make the Aegis panel? If so......READ THIS THREAD AND THEN FIX IT!!!

:2cents:

[cTx]74kumi
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
i am have 2 errors that keep comming up. ive reinstalled the program about 5 times. all drivers are up to date. and idk here are 2 pics of my system
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Timswim07/aegispanelfailure.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/Timswim07/aegispanelfailure2.jpg

Lord_Hades
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
The Problem With This Board Is That No Single Program Will Read Temps And Perform All Of The Tasks Needed. I Like The Look And Set-up Of The Aegis Panel But It Needs A Massive Makeover. A Top Notch Nforce Board Like This One Should Have Some OEM Program Designed To Accurately Monitor And Talk To The Nforce Chipset And CPU.

This Board Needs A Program That Accurately Read Temps, Bus Speed, CPU Speed, PCI-E Speeds, All System Voltages And It Needs To Be Able To Check Overclocks Performed From Windows While Checking With The Bios Online In Windows To Determine A Good Or Bad Overclock...Etc. It Should Also Be Able To Determine Whether Or Not To Shut Down The PC If The User Is Away Due To Problems With Temp, Voltage , Etc. None Of this Works Correctly In Aegis Panel.

As I Said I Cannot Use An Add-on 3dcard Mde By Nvidia, With Drivers Loaded For The Add-On Card. This Destroys Any Use Of The Aegis Panel. It Simply Will Not Work.

I Have Also Downloaded All Of The Known Generic / Universal System Utilities And They Either Do Not Take Readings From This Board Or Are Very Limited As To What They Can Take Reading From On This Board Or They Do Not Recognize Everything On This Board....etc.

I Realize That Foxconn Has Released The New Core I7 Boards And That Has Their Attention Right Now But This Board Is Less Than A Year Old, To My Knowledge, Is Supposed To Support AM2+ Processors (supposedly Phenom 2) And I Have Only Seen One Bios Revision And 2 Aegis Panel Mods Since I Bought The Board. Whats The Deal? Is This Board Already Old News With No More Support?

Prozium
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
there's actually a p14 BIOS just released on www.foxconnchannel.com that gives support to AM3, and matttehman has a thread in this section with a 940BE set up.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214279

they just need to fix the Aegis panel so badly. I like it a lot, wish it would still work for me.:(

Aura89
01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
The Problem With This Board Is That No Single Program Will Read Temps And Perform All Of The Tasks Needed. I Like The Look And Set-up Of The Aegis Panel But It Needs A Massive Makeover. A Top Notch Nforce Board Like This One Should Have Some OEM Program Designed To Accurately Monitor And Talk To The Nforce Chipset And CPU.

This Board Needs A Program That Accurately Read Temps, Bus Speed, CPU Speed, PCI-E Speeds, All System Voltages And It Needs To Be Able To Check Overclocks Performed From Windows While Checking With The Bios Online In Windows To Determine A Good Or Bad Overclock...Etc. It Should Also Be Able To Determine Whether Or Not To Shut Down The PC If The User Is Away Due To Problems With Temp, Voltage , Etc. None Of this Works Correctly In Aegis Panel.

As I Said I Cannot Use An Add-on 3dcard Mde By Nvidia, With Drivers Loaded For The Add-On Card. This Destroys Any Use Of The Aegis Panel. It Simply Will Not Work.

I Have Also Downloaded All Of The Known Generic / Universal System Utilities And They Either Do Not Take Readings From This Board Or Are Very Limited As To What They Can Take Reading From On This Board Or They Do Not Recognize Everything On This Board....etc.

I Realize That Foxconn Has Released The New Core I7 Boards And That Has Their Attention Right Now But This Board Is Less Than A Year Old, To My Knowledge, Is Supposed To Support AM2+ Processors (supposedly Phenom 2) And I Have Only Seen One Bios Revision And 2 Aegis Panel Mods Since I Bought The Board. Whats The Deal? Is This Board Already Old News With No More Support?

Everest? works fine for me, not an overclocking tool, but reads everything just fine

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8720F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT7473 (NV-I2C 2Eh)
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures
Motherboard 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 30 °C (86 °F)
MCP 44 °C (111 °F)
Aux 29 °C (84 °F)
GPU1: GPU 43 °C (109 °F)
GPU1: GPU Memory 35 °C (95 °F)
GPU1: GPU Ambient 34 °C (93 °F)
GPU2: GPU 48 °C (118 °F)
GPU2: GPU Memory 40 °C (104 °F)
GPU2: GPU Ambient 37 °C (99 °F)
SAMSUNG HD753LJ 25 °C (77 °F)
Seagate ST3400620AS 34 °C (93 °F)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.34 V
+2.5 V 2.98 V
+3.3 V 3.34 V
+5 V 4.97 V
+12 V 12.35 V
+5 V Standby 5.13 V
VBAT Battery 3.10 V
GPU1: GPU Vcc 3.30 V
GPU2: GPU Vcc 3.30 V

[cTx]74kumi
01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
I updated my bios to p14 and i still have the same 2 errors.

Lord_Hades
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I Tested Everest Myself Back When I Bought This Board, Don't Care For Everest, Not To Mention It Has No Overclock Function, So I Would Have To Load Another Program To Do Overclocks, And Yet Another One To Adjust Fan Speeds...ETC. I Am Not Going To Load Up A Bunch Of Half Working Programs To Try And Do The Job One Of Them "Alone" Could Do With No Help.

If You Are Happy With Everest Thats Cool, But As For Myself And Others We Would Like To Have The Aegis Panel Fixed. That It The Point Of This Thread From The Beginning, To Help Foxconn Reps Figure Out What The Problem Is.

Aura89
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I Tested Everest Myself Back When I Bought This Board, Don't Care For Everest, Not To Mention It Has No Overclock Function, So I Would Have To Load Another Program To Do Overclocks, And Yet Another One To Adjust Fan Speeds...ETC. I Am Not Going To Load Up A Bunch Of Half Working Programs To Try And Do The Job One Of Them "Alone" Could Do With No Help.

If You Are Happy With Everest Thats Cool, But As For Myself And Others We Would Like To Have The Aegis Panel Fixed. That It The Point Of This Thread From The Beginning, To Help Foxconn Reps Figure Out What The Problem Is.

oh i want them to get it fixed, wasn't saying i didn't, but there is always the good old way and better way of overclocking....the bios

Veterx
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Actually Lord_Hades, had the Foxconn guys fully beta tested the aegis panel, (which obviously they didn't or it would work on our machines) we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm running a fresh install of Vista Ultimate with nothing unusual installed, so it's not like I'm running any exotic software or anything else. Having the Aegis Panel had a lot to do with me choosing the destroyer mb. I've tried every version of the panel I could find, but none of them work. I was in contact with tech support about it, but they've apparently chosen to drop the issue, since they haven't replied in over 3 weeks. I was willing to provide them all the info they wanted, but strange thing is, they never asked so much as to what os I was using. So I take their lack of interest in their own product quality as a sign that they really don't gara about it. Sad really.

Aura89
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Actually Lord_Hades, had the Foxconn guys fully beta tested the aegis panel, (which obviously they didn't or it would work on our machines) we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm running a fresh install of Vista Ultimate with nothing unusual installed, so it's not like I'm running any exotic software or anything else. Having the Aegis Panel had a lot to do with me choosing the destroyer mb. I've tried every version of the panel I could find, but none of them work. I was in contact with tech support about it, but they've apparently chosen to drop the issue, since they haven't replied in over 3 weeks. I was willing to provide them all the info they wanted, but strange thing is, they never asked so much as to what os I was using. So I take their lack of interest in their own product quality as a sign that they really don't gara about it. Sad really.

I still don't understand why you all care so much, i mean sure i want them to get it fixed and definently do not think they should drop the subject, but the panel is not so essential to your computer as at least 2 or 3 of you have been saying in this forum, there are other things that can get what you want done, done, it's not like just because the panel doesn't work that the motherboard is useless now

Lord_Hades
02-15-2009, 08:54 AM

I Figured This Much And As I Said In Earlier Posts, Im Done Fooling With This Board. I Have Coverted It To A Full Time Server Running Windows Server 2003 With Onboard Video. I Knew The Second I Heard About the New Core I7 Stuff Releasing That They Were Done Messing With this Board And Others Like It.

I Read On Another Thread That The Destroyer Had Reached It's End Of Life Cycle, This Just Make Me Even More Disgusted With The Whole Deal. It Is Sad Really, There Are Still Plenty Of People That Would Be "Stoked" To Have This Board And There Are Certainly Still Plenty Of Processors For Sale That Fit This Board. Being It Is One Of Only A Few Nforce SLI AMD AM2+ Phenom Boards Out There, Why Not Fix This Issue And Sale More Boards? As For Foxconn Dropping This Issue.....In All My Years Of Building Computers And Dealing With Companies, This Is Just The Route Of Conducting Business They Choose To Take, I'll Never Understand It.

I'm Glad I Didn't Pay Full Price For This Board, Especially Since Not All Of The Features Work.

Prozium
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Umm, out of nowhere I decided to install this again on my system and.... its working!

vista 64bit business
ATI 4850
(the rest of the spec's are in my sig)
fully updated windows and the latest AEGIS Panel from the Quantum Force web site.

Edit: I guess it would also help to know I never installed the on-board display drivers, and every thing has the latest drivers I know about.

ragingclue
02-20-2009, 02:17 PM
wow this thread makes me glad I didn't get a destroyer.... Although I never use the Aegis Panel; I'm just not a fan of it, and I'm not too lazy to open up three different programs to take care of the same things Aegis would have.

It does look really bad to me, though, that there was no sort of response or anything from the Foxconn guys regarding this issue. That bugs me a lot. The BlackOps is my first Foxconn board (I've only had EVGA and Asus before), and I'm used to excellent customer service. I had heard whispers and grumblings about the lack of support at Foxconn, but so far it's been great.

Like I said though, things like this need to be taken care of, or at least acknowledged. Geez. I'd rather hear "yes we know about the bug and we're trying to fix it but no progress yet" than to be ignored.

Aura89
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
wow this thread makes me glad I didn't get a destroyer.... Although I never use the Aegis Panel; I'm just not a fan of it, and I'm not too lazy to open up three different programs to take care of the same things Aegis would have.

It does look really bad to me, though, that there was no sort of response or anything from the Foxconn guys regarding this issue. That bugs me a lot. The BlackOps is my first Foxconn board (I've only had EVGA and Asus before), and I'm used to excellent customer service. I had heard whispers and grumblings about the lack of support at Foxconn, but so far it's been great.

Like I said though, things like this need to be taken care of, or at least acknowledged. Geez. I'd rather hear "yes we know about the bug and we're trying to fix it but no progress yet" than to be ignored.

it has been acknowledged, lol, hence the reason Saaya started this thread

jbua5150
02-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I too am having no luck with Aegis panel. I run Windows 7 x64. I would have to agree that it seems to be an issues with the nvidia video card drivers.
PLEASE FIX THIS FOXCONN!!!:shocked:

saaya
03-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I Knew The Second I Heard About the New Core I7 Stuff Releasing That They Were Done Messing With this Board And Others Like It. while most resources are obviously spent on the latest boards thats not true... im sorry but i dont have time to check all threads, and until a few days ago nobody pmd me, so i wasnt aware that there is a problem here... the last time i checked this thread nobody else complained that it didnt work.. and despite me asking for the system details to reproduce the problems and fix them, most people unfortunately still dont... which slows it all down.

hades, you seemed to have tracked down the problem to the vga driver, thanks for that, and sorry for the trouble it caused you. ill go and nail the app engineer now and will get him to work on this asap.

oh and somebody mentioned foxconn doesnt test the app properly before releasing it, well reading this thread might give you an idea about this, most people who have it working dont post here, from the people that did post, half got it working, and some people get it working or suddenly have it broken without really knowing why. now if they dont even know how and why it suddenly worked or stopped working, making a remote diagnosis of the problem and fixing it is even more difficult.

the problem is that it doesnt work reliably, and im not sure why...
i already asked the engineer a dozen times to code the app in a way it doesnt depend on the system config and just runs independantly of other apps, os version and patches and driver/dll versions etc... fingers crossed itll work properly in future :)

Umm, out of nowhere I decided to install this again on my system and.... its working!

vista 64bit business
ATI 4850
(the rest of the spec's are in my sig)
fully updated windows and the latest AEGIS Panel from the Quantum Force web site.

Edit: I guess it would also help to know I never installed the on-board display drivers, and every thing has the latest drivers I know about.
any idea what you changed that affected this?
somebody mentioned a windows update related to the 780a sli chipset that borked aegis panel? did you install this update?
does anybody have the microsoft KB number of this patch/update?

jbua5150
03-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow great to see 2 weeks have passed and no word from foxconn....

YM1
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Nvidia 780a SLI update killed Aegis Panel. I installed ntune 6.03 ran systems monitor closed and was able to use Panel with both vista ult 64 and windows 7 64.
but only if you run systems monitor and then closed it. Ntune has its problems. Aegis Panel should work without ntune.

jbua5150
03-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Nvidia 780a SLI update killed Aegis Panel. I installed ntune 6.03 ran systems monitor closed and was able to use Panel with both vista ult 64 and windows 7 64.
but only if you run systems monitor and then closed it. Ntune has its problems. Aegis Panel should work without ntune.
Wow great find. I tested this and it also works for me. I run ntune 6.03 systems monitor, and aegis panel works! I get it to work while systems monitor is open or closed, but it does have to be run before you open Aegis panel.
Good progress Foxconn, oh wait Foxconn didnt find this out:(
Thanks YM1

CobraXP
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM
it would be nice if it worked. thx.