PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Hacker Speaks!

FlyingHamster
10-10-2003, 06:00 PM
(Copied from the Steam forums)

I QUOTE FROM a halflife website:

"Half-Life 2 News: Hacker Speaks! Vague Threats Made to Valve.

The so called "Anonymous Leaker" that was possibly responsible for the distribution of the Half-Life 2 beta yesterday ( And also allegedly the one who stole from Valve to begin with ), has made a statement.

Read more for full details...

Anonymous Leaker:

"To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to understand it wasnt finished yet.
Also I'd like to point out the E3 [demo] was one big fake by Valve. Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no such thing as a much better release in Valves network! "

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do."

Ulfar
10-10-2003, 07:35 PM
erm, mabye valve has the updated source code on their non networked comps. I think thats how you would protect a mutli million dollar source code.

neyoung
10-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Interesting... This may just be somebody trying to steal some fame. he say's he will release EVERYTHING, but earlier he says that the beta that was released was all they had, nothing more nothing less. We'll see how this pans out.

FlyingHamster
10-10-2003, 08:32 PM
here ya go guys:

http://www.hlgamers.com/?view=article&id=66

and

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/articles/comments/60

shray
10-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Holy crap, this has to be true...
I have a shrewd idea of who this could be...

Liquide
10-11-2003, 06:51 AM
This may just be somebody trying to steal some fame.Not likely, if it would be for "fame" he wouldn't be calling himself "Anonymous Leaker" :p:

I have no reason to believe why this isn't true...

I have a shrewd idea of who this could be...
I have told you ten times before.. I didn't do it! :)

danrok
10-11-2003, 09:27 AM
The actual hacker would have a very good idea about how complete the game was because he not only got the source code but also their private emails, etc.

Maybe he is refering to correspondence when he says "everything".

FlyingHamster
10-11-2003, 12:24 PM
lol ppl are saying it was the Doom 3 crew.. hahahhaa