PDA

View Full Version : Is my hard-drive causing this.....

SoberWarlock
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I turned on my computer and waited it to boot up and when everything was loaded I opened up firefox and just did my regular thing. After a few minutes my whole system got slow and firefox always caused this at startup but this time my whole system just froze.

I pressed the restart button and right after the post menu I get the word "Grub" all over my screen. All I use is windows Vista automatically. What is going on?:confused:

PhxProvost
10-22-2008, 04:14 AM
:eek: upload a picture :shrug:

cobra_kai
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Does this mean you cannot boot into windows? Are there OS choices under the GRUB menu?

Dr_Swizz
10-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I turned on my computer and waited it to boot up and when everything was loaded I opened up firefox and just did my regular thing. After a few minutes my whole system got slow and firefox always caused this at startup but this time my whole system just froze.

Sounds almost like "normal" system instability.

I pressed the restart button and right after the post menu I get the word "Grub" all over my screen. All I use is windows Vista automatically. What is going on?:confused:

Similar things often happen when the boot sector is corrupt or partially overwritten. Reinstall GRUB and everything should be fine.

kingzl3y
10-23-2008, 01:22 AM
If you're on Vista, then why are you seeing Grub messages for? Surely that can't be good, unless you have a flavour of Linix installed?