PDA

View Full Version : 3/8-1/2 Compressions on GTZ - Need anything special?

Bobly
10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey Guys,

Now I know this is a bit ironic as I'm the one originally behind the What Compression Fittings Fit What table but my question is slightly more specific than just whether the compressions fittings will fit.

I have ordered a Fuzion V2 however they're out of stock with no ETA so I might change to a GTZ seeing as they tie according to Martin (:up:) however I remember Martin pointing out a problem with the recessed o-ring design.

Can anyone think of any issues between the GTZ and TFC 3/8-1/2 CFs?

BlueAqua
10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I think the metal will touch before the o-ring is compressed, and that's a problem. Installing a 2nd O-ring will probably work, but it's definitely not ideal.

zanzabar
10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
u need 2 BP orings or to replace the BP oring with the stock one. other than that u should have no problems

and u should wait for the dtek v2 unless its a cpu only or cpu + chipset loop

Bobly
10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Waiting is an option though I've already been waiting 5 weeks (though not just for the CPU block, also to get the case laser cut and the EK 250 to come in stock) so when the EK comes back in stock by the end of next week I might just go with that... Though OCuK do have the Fuzion, might have to think about it :P

zanzabar
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
there is reason to buy the EK block the GTZ is better in single and multi block loops as compared to the supreme

Bobly
10-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Sorry I wasn't talking about the EK Supreme, I meant the EK res I'd just mentioned. The loop will just have a DDC3.2 w/ XSPC > TFC 480 > Fuzion V2/GTZ > EK-GTX280 FC > EK 250 Res