PDA

View Full Version : Order 8-pin PCIe cables for HX520?

Zehnsucht
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I see in the models sold now 8-pin PCIe modular cables are included, while I only got 6-pins when I bought it a year ago or so :( .

Is it possible to order such a cable? I can't imagine it would cost very much...

Thanks in advance.

Yellowbeard
10-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Contact Customer Service at the link below and provide them complete shipping information, a telephone number, and a description of the cables that you need.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/company/contacts.aspx

Zehnsucht
10-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Thank you very much.

s e r e n i t y
10-23-2008, 02:39 AM
I cant help but give a big thumbs up to corsair for this service. I purchased a Corsair HX620 approx 1 year ago and it didnt come with an 8 pin PCI-E cable, so sent off an email and within a couple of days they sent me one with the fastest shipping method possible.

Really impressive customer service guys and I look forward to purchasing more products with you :) *tear*

emoners
10-23-2008, 02:53 AM
how long does it usually take? coz i emailed customer service almost 2months ago, got my reply a week after, & upto now i still haven't received my cables :(

WhiteFireDragon
10-23-2008, 02:56 AM
I cant help but give a big thumbs up to corsair for this service. I purchased a Corsair HX620 approx 1 year ago and it didnt come with an 8 pin PCI-E cable, so sent off an email and within a couple of days they sent me one with the fastest shipping method possible.

Really impressive customer service guys and I look forward to purchasing more products with you :) *tear*

was this free or did you have to pay for the 8-pin cable + shipping?

Yellowbeard
10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
how long does it usually take? coz i emailed customer service almost 2months ago, got my reply a week after, & upto now i still haven't received my cables :(

Please email them again, using REPLY to the last email you received. Also, CC it to this email address:

customerservice@corsair.com

Zehnsucht
10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Got email today:

Hello _______-
Your request has been received and the requested cables should ship out early next week. Thank you.

Sent the request the same day as yellowbeard answered my question :)

Yellowbeard
10-27-2008, 10:32 AM

Please send your mail again. Use only CORSAIR in your subject line to be sure that the SPAM filter does not reject your mail.

Zehnsucht
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I received my cables today, thank you Corsair!
:bounces:

emoners
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Please send your mail again. Use only CORSAIR in your subject line to be sure that the SPAM filter does not reject your mail.

FINALLY got my cables! Thanks so much CORSAIR & Joseph at techsupport!

http://i34.tinypic.com/15dryoi.jpg

so this is why it took some time...

http://i34.tinypic.com/2w2oqxe.jpg

Battlestar
11-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Emoners - I received my 8pin power connector a month ago without any corsair case badge, ballpen and ID lace. Is that a separate request or bundled with connectors?

emoners
11-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Emoners - I received my 8pin power connector a month ago without any corsair case badge, ballpen and ID lace. Is that a separate request or bundled with connectors?

no...what happened was my first request seemed to have been lost by UPS (made me wait for almost 2 months! :eek:), so techsupport (Joseph) sent me another one & this time with some extra stuff :up:

Battlestar
11-06-2008, 05:26 AM
no...what happened was my first request seemed to have been lost by UPS (made me wait for almost 2 months! :eek:), so techsupport (Joseph) sent me another one & this time with some extra stuff :up:

Well, good for you mate:yepp:Thumbs up on Corsair customer support:clap:

Yellowbeard
11-06-2008, 07:17 AM

Very cool and we are sorry it took so long:shrug:

Joseph is the man :up:

DragoonXX
12-05-2008, 02:07 PM
That's cool, corsair was on the ball when I requested my triple SATA connector for my 520 (still waiting to finish this build, lol) I had a similar experience as emoners with PC power and cooling, I had asked for some case badges, and they got lost somewhere (over 2 months and no arrival) so they shipped me out another package, this time via UPS (although the shipping department really messed up on the shipping label), and when I got it, not only did I get 3 of their case badges, I also got a T-shirt..and it was actually in a wearable size for me

Zehnsucht
01-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Ok, so now I FINALLY got to order a new graphic card (4780), which requires 6-pin and 8-pin connectors.

I got two cables from Corsair, and they looked like this:

PSU <-------------|---> (6-Pin)
|
|---> (6+2 -Pin)

I.e. two connectors per cable.
How are the rails distributed? Can I use only one PSU output and plug it in? Or must I use both outlets of the PSU and leave one 6-pin connector dangling?

Thanks in advance

Yellowbeard
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
You can use a single cable if you like with no worries.