PDA

View Full Version : Little Big Planet Recalled and Delayed for Religious Reasons

melanko
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/media-molecule-ps3-game-/921155p1.html

Blauhung
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm confused, is this along the lines of having a comic reproduction of Mohamed?

zanzabar
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
why not just patch them, and why are verses of the qu'ran bad. most of it has nothing but proverbs and telling u to respect people

Soulburner
10-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Ugh...all the while there are 1000 games/movies/etc out there with Bible references that no one cares about.

Uberbob102000
10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Well to the Islam the Qu'ran is so holy that being translated into another language or to take it from the source desecrates the book.

AndrewZorn
10-17-2008, 09:49 PM
holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing :banana::banana::banana::banana:
you have got to be :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing kidding me
i want this game very badly and now word combinations that coincide with a religion offend some people

to retaliate, i will make a mohammed character in the game with a bomb on his head, and play online with him for everyone to see.

had i known this a few hours ago i could have possibly obtained a non-recalled version for ebay/museums

Soulburner
10-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Might as well recall Medieval 2 total war and other games like it. Why is it that everything which refers to stuff in the bible is ok, but everything that Quran "i think it spelt it right" isnt ? I dont want to be a relgion racist here but those people need to get a grip on themselves. It makes me sick specially being the athiest i am.

Resident Evil 5 is delayed till late next year because they have to completetly re-write it due to it being set in Africa and you killing Africans they call it racist, yet the first 3 resident evil's and the other side story's were all based in America, no one cried when RE:4 was set in spain and you were killing spanish zombies.

Its always the Black and Muslim people who cry about this stuff. You dont see white's or others booohooo im white and your killing me in a video game. Im not tring to be racist just stating whats true about this stuff
I want to see a link to this. I searched all over and all the talk says it won't make a 2009 release - but not for the reason you state.

Soulburner
10-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm seeing articles that say its delayed for reasons not stated, and articles talking about racism. But no where am I finding it was delayed because of racism - none of those articles mention both at the same time. I'm still not convinced, being a natural skeptic. Still looking for proof that it was delayed and that they have to "re-make the entire game" because of racism concerns.

AndrewZorn
10-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe they will retro-recall previous Resident Evil games because of the lack of non-white characters, victims or heroes.

Soulburner
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I thought part of the game took place in South Africa as well? AFAIK it isn't all blacks.

Soulburner
10-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Not South Americans...

South Africans speak french and are mostly white...thought I read something about that being included...

Soulburner
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not convinced but you can stand on your argument. I'm pretty sure they are working on the multiplayer aspect though and it is the root of the delay.

Speederlander
10-21-2008, 05:18 AM
South Africans speak french and are mostly white...

Not to be pedantic but South Africa is 80% black and the majority languages in the country are Afrikaans and English....

And to comment on the topic, this is the kind of thing that has come to be expected in such cases. The end result is that no one making a product will have anything whatsoever to do with Islam out of fear of mass riots in some part of the world or death threats or some other extremist fueled "scandal".

Fabulous game. They tried to be inclusive and have cool music for everyone. But they learned the hardway that some groups don't want to be "included".

[XC] riptide
10-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Not South Americans...

South Africans speak french and are mostly white...thought I read something about that being included...

lol.... Are you talking about Quebec? Or France itself.

Speeder.... Afrikaans and English is again only the colonial language of the Dutch and English. It should not surprise you that Zulu is most widely spoken.

"According to the 2001 National Census, the three most spoken first home languages are Zulu (23.8%), Xhosa (17.6%) and Afrikaans (13.3%).[47] Despite the fact that English is recognised as the language of commerce and science, it was spoken by only 8.2% of South Africans at home in 2001, an even lower percentage than in 1996 (8.6%).[47]" <<Wiki.

Speederlander
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
riptide;3373015']lol.... Are you talking about Quebec? Or France itself.

Speeder.... Afrikaans and English is again only the colonial language of the Dutch and English. It should not surprise you that Zulu is most widely spoken.

"According to the 2001 National Census, the three most spoken first home languages are Zulu (23.8%), Xhosa (17.6%) and Afrikaans (13.3%).[47] Despite the fact that English is recognised as the language of commerce and science, it was spoken by only 8.2% of South Africans at home in 2001, an even lower percentage than in 1996 (8.6%).[47]" <<Wiki.

They should speak their primary commerce language in their homes! :p:

[XC] riptide
10-21-2008, 01:40 PM
They should speak their primary commerce language in their homes! :p:

I agree! lol

As for the content of the thread, its a bit rich speaking about one sideness. Crysis? Spend the whole game killing Koreans. (I normally stop when it ghets all gay with teh Alien things).

Many war games of old we spent the whole time killing Germans or other such evil type people. I don't see why its now an issue. Frag on I say.

Soulburner
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Not to be pedantic but South Africa is 80% black and the majority languages in the country are Afrikaans and English....

I shouldn't have used those words then. I know its a mix but french is spoken there :)

AndrewZorn
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Should be in stores now. I have mine.