PDA

View Full Version : BlackOps G32

saaya
10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Heres G32 with some bios option renaming and some further small bugfixes :)

http://depositfiles.com/files/8835138

DONT FLASH TO BIOS G32 IF YOUR USING RAID!
Raid will not work on this BIOS unless you update the LAN mac address manually with this (http://depositfiles.com/files/8870448) tool.
There is some conflict between the raid chip and the lan chip.

HDCHOPPER
10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
allright saaya on top of things :up:

NCspecV81
10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
nice! flashed... Although I could have sworn I could use lower voltage w/ G30! Still testing!

you have to know the exact changes to this bios as from the g30?

*edit* I take it back, seems to be more stable with just a hair less volts. Good work!

Ryan12
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
If i flash the bios - will my OC GEAR settings stay the same? Or will it wipe those settings?

saaya
10-16-2008, 09:42 PM
the settings will still be there, but im not sure if they will still work 100%.
since some stuff is changed slightly, using a saved profile that was created with an older bios might cause weird issues.
we havent changed any voltage options so there shouldnt be a risk of the profile setting a way wrong voltage somewhere, so just give it a try :)
but keep this in mind for future updates...

Ryan12
10-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks Saaya, ill see how i go :)

Xello
10-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Hmmm, i'm not sure i'm going to bother flashing any later bios than G30, it took me weeks to get my overclock settings finalised and i can't bear the thought of having to go back into that :confused:

negev
10-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Xello why not just use the same settings and do a 12hour prime run? You can always revert back to g30 if it fails.

Gendo
10-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks Saaya! I'm about to start a dice run in about an hour so I hope this bios helps! Will try it with G30 first and then flash while overclocking.

Edit: changed my mind about it. I'll try the new one tomorrow. I'm having a successful dice run with the 4870 that was having problems a few days ago with my last dice attempt. I don't want to mess it up again:p:

negev
10-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Saaya was the vtt thing fixed in this bios? i.e. if we set 1.35 now is it really 1.35 or still 1.25?

Broken
10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Great fun, my friend is borrowing my USB floppy so I used Live Update. Rebooted, set up the bios the same way that I had G30 and discovered it won't see my HDD's. Not my Raid 0, My Back up drive, nor my sata DVD burner. great fun. My other bios has G27 and for some reason I BSOD when trying to boot with that. Can't find just the DOS 7.10 files to download, all are in an image format so I can't make a bootable flash drive. So trying to get a hold of my friend so i can get back my usb floppy. Moral of the story, don't flash with Live Update overclocked. No matter how stable you think your system is.
:shakes:

Ryan12
10-17-2008, 08:28 PM
When i flashed using the live update tool and just located the G32 bios it seemed to work ok... it restarted i set all the RAID settings properly.. then it just would not boot it kept giving me some checksum error... cant remember exactly what it was.. Went into the bios it showed G30 still.. and not G32 so i load optimized defaults and still no good.

So then i cleared the cmos, finally got back into the bios changed my settings back and after a few reboot attempts it eventually got past checksum error and loaded up windows... Very weird

ether.real
10-17-2008, 08:44 PM
How do the Gxx BIOSes compare to the Pxx BIOSes? Because I am having a dickens of a time getting my new x3360 to clock for anything on P05.

yiancar
10-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Well , the P bioses are the stable release lets say , but the G bioses the beta . G is always better because there are more things than in the P bioses :)

ether.real
10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Great fun, my friend is borrowing my USB floppy so I used Live Update. Rebooted, set up the bios the same way that I had G30 and discovered it won't see my HDD's. Not my Raid 0, My Back up drive, nor my sata DVD burner. great fun. My other bios has G27 and for some reason I BSOD when trying to boot with that. Can't find just the DOS 7.10 files to download, all are in an image format so I can't make a bootable flash drive. So trying to get a hold of my friend so i can get back my usb floppy. Moral of the story, don't flash with Live Update overclocked. No matter how stable you think your system is.
:shakes:

I can see my drives OK, but my RAID no longer works.

Broken
10-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Not going to be able to get my USB floppy back until tomorrow. Made a bootable USB flash drive. Damn board will not boot from it. Stupid thing just sits there after Verifying DMI Pool Data....... Update Success. I hit alt F2, that doesn't work either. Pretty aggravating.

Broken
10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
OK, WTF. Finally got a flash drive bootable. Reflashed with G32 and getting the same bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:. Have option rom not installed or something. Flickers past the screen so fast, trying to hit ctrl i to get drives setup, but doesn't look like the option is there???? Does anyone test these damn things before posting them?

Update:
Flashed back to G30 and all is well. G32 raid bios rom and AHCI rom are fubar. If you have Raid, DO NOT flash this bios.

saaya
10-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks Saaya, ill see how i go :)
have fun! :toast:

Hmmm, i'm not sure i'm going to bother flashing any later bios than G30, it took me weeks to get my overclock settings finalised and i can't bear the thought of having to go back into that :confused:
just flash it to one of the 2 chips and if it doesnt work, just switch back to booting from the G30 bios :D
there isnt a big change so far tho, so i dont know if its worth to go from G30 to G32... id wait for G33 which should have more changes and improvements.

Saaya was the vtt thing fixed in this bios? i.e. if we set 1.35 now is it really 1.35 or still 1.25?nope, thatll be G33 :)

When i flashed using the live update tool and just located the G32 bios it seemed to work ok... it restarted i set all the RAID settings properly.. then it just would not boot it kept giving me some checksum error... cant remember exactly what it was.. Went into the bios it showed G30 still.. and not G32 so i load optimized defaults and still no good.

So then i cleared the cmos, finally got back into the bios changed my settings back and after a few reboot attempts it eventually got past checksum error and loaded up windows... Very weird

Broken, damn, that sounds annoying... very weird... so.. how come even the original bios didnt boot anymore? that doesnt make any sense hmmmm
did you flash back to G27 or did you switch to the second BIOS chip that still had G27 on it?

and how you cant run raid anymore or none of your sata drives are showing up at all?

Stupid thing just sits there after Verifying DMI Pool Data....... Update Success. I hit alt F2, that doesn't work either. Pretty aggravating.
sorry, dont understand what you mean...
it hangs during bootup?

OK, WTF. Finally got a flash drive bootable. Reflashed with G32 and getting the same bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:. Have option rom not installed or something. Flickers past the screen so fast, trying to hit ctrl i to get drives setup, but doesn't look like the option is there???? Does anyone test these damn things before posting them?
uhm yeah, but there arent many tests done, this is a G bios, which means its beta... so its not fully tested. there was a problem with raid in some cases, and G32 fixed that... sounds like it broke something else tho? ill check with the bios engineers... sorry guys :(

Well , the P bioses are the stable release lets say , but the G bioses the beta . G is always better because there are more things than in the P bioses :)yepp :)

I can see my drives OK, but my RAID no longer works.:S
what do you mean?
you cant run raid at all or your raid image wont work anymore?

Broken
10-18-2008, 12:08 AM
No, it looks like the Raid bios part is missing/corrupt. G30 and even G27 will pause as it sees your HDD's and shows all your HDD's and which one is member of a raid and which are not. G32 doesn't do this It flashes something like :
Warning: Option Rom not installed and then some #'s. It is only on the screen for a second., then it goes on to AHCI Bios, then missing os.

My G27 was on my second bios slot form ages ago. Going to flash that on to G30. Not sure why G27 was Blue screening because once I flashed G30 back I am back to being fine.

I am typing this from my System with my Blackops right now. Thank god I have a Laptop or I would have lost more hair than what I did... And here I was thinking it was a corrupt flash from being overclocked. Good to know that wasn't the case.

ether.real
10-18-2008, 12:10 AM
:S
what do you mean?
you cant run raid at all or your raid image wont work anymore?

If I set RAID to enabled in the BIOS, I cannot boot into the RAID ROM (Ctrl+I), and it wont see my RAID array from the bootable options. I jumpered over to the backup BIOS (P05) and it worked fine. I reflashed G32, still no work. I flashed back to G30, RAID works fine.

saaya
10-18-2008, 12:11 AM
i just talked to the BIOS engineers, theres a bug when booting from LAN and using raid.
as soon as you boot from lan and have raid enabled, then raid wont work properly.
this only concerns system builders who image their systems over the network and use raid... so it shouldnt really be interesting to you guys...

anyways, G32 fixes this problem, but it requires the use of a broadcom tool to update the LAN MAC address.
If you use G32 without the updated mac address, then the conflict between lan and raid gets worse apparently, and thats why you guys have raid issues with G32.

There are two things you can do, update the lan mac address with a tool or use G30, which has raid working normally.
id recommend you using G31 cause updating the mac address requires booting with a floppy and then manually changing the mac address.

sorry guys! :S
so if your using raid, then please use G30.
Sorry!

saaya
10-18-2008, 12:15 AM
No, it looks like the Raid bios part is missing/corrupt. G30 and even G27 will pause as it sees your HDD's and shows all your HDD's and which one is member of a raid and which are not. G32 doesn't do this It flashes something like :
Warning: Option Rom not installed and then some #'s. It is only on the screen for a second., then it goes on to AHCI Bios, then missing os.yes, apparently raid doesnt work with G31 and G32 unless you update the mac address manually.

My G27 was on my second bios slot form ages ago. Going to flash that on to G30. Not sure why G27 was Blue screening because once I flashed G30 back I am back to being fine.pheew, ok, so G30 works fine now?

I am typing this from my System with my Blackops right now. Thank god I have a Laptop or I would have lost more hair than what I did... And here I was thinking it was a corrupt flash from being overclocked. Good to know that wasn't the case.no, i misunderstood the details of G31 and G32... i thought that the LAN boot and raid conflict can be fixed with G31 and G32 if you update the mac address... but i didnt know that now raid wouldnt work AT ALL and with these beta bioses updating the mac address is MANDATORY! sorry! :(

If I set RAID to enabled in the BIOS, I cannot boot into the RAID ROM (Ctrl+I), and it wont see my RAID array from the bootable options. I jumpered over to the backup BIOS (P05) and it worked fine. I reflashed G32, still no work. I flashed back to G30, RAID works fine.
ok, yes, it should work fine with G30 and older... sorry about that guys, i didnt know raid in G31 and G32 only works when updating the MAC address manually.

saaya
10-18-2008, 12:21 AM
i updated the first post of this thread and added a warning and a link to the LAN tool

DONT FLASH TO BIOS G32 IF YOUR USING RAID!
Raid will not work on this BIOS unless you update the LAN mac address manually with this (http://depositfiles.com/files/8870448) tool.
There is some conflict between the raid chip and the lan chip.

sorry again for the headaches i caused you broken, ether.real and ryan12 :toast:

ether.real
10-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks, saaya!

Broken
10-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Is someone going to fix this and release it? Is G33 going to have the same issue? If so, will there be a P06 that has the new features plus working Raid? Would we have to update the Lan for every new bios flash? Running out of questions.:D

Damn you fast Saya

OK, so what Mac address do we enter? Kind of want to know what I am getting into with this utility.

Thanks for finding this out for us. Don't feel too bad, it is fixable and we need something to keep us on our toes.:up:

saaya
10-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks, saaya!
your welcome :toast:

Is someone going to fix this and release it? Is G33 going to have the same issue? If so, will there be a P06 that has the new features plus working Raid? Would we have to update the Lan for every new bios flash? Running out of questions.:D

Damn you fast Saya
hey, its the least i can do for messing up your sysems bro :D
really sorry man... didnt know G32 would have broken raid, i was told it FIXES raid issues :D

yeah i wondered about the future raid thing for G33 and P06 too, let me check...

saaya
10-18-2008, 12:44 AM

Damn you fast Saya

OK, so what Mac address do we enter? Kind of want to know what I am getting into with this utility.

Thanks for finding this out for us. Don't feel too bad, it is fixable and we need something to keep us on our toes.:up:
supposedly that lan tool i posted will display a mac address that you then have to enter again to program it, and then the lan bootrom and raid boot rom should work fine again, and now also work together in combination.
i really dont think its useful tbh... this is only useful if you want to boot your system from a network drive AND use raid at the same time... besides ghosting loads of mashines in a row that use raid i really dont see the point in having this working.

Broken
10-18-2008, 01:05 AM
So in other words, forget G32, and wait for G33 which hopefully won't have this problem....

Tried that program, did the lan, booted into windows. Rebooted, flashed G32 and still no Raid.

saaya
10-18-2008, 01:22 AM
So in other words, forget G32, and wait for G33 which hopefully won't have this problem....

Tried that program, did the lan, booted into windows. Rebooted, flashed G32 and still no Raid.
weird... we made this beta bios for a system integrator, and it works for him... :confused:

i checked and yes, looks like G33 will be back to normal and P06 as well :)

Broken
10-18-2008, 01:43 AM
weird... we made this beta bios for a system integrator, and it works for him... :confused:

Sweet, any time frame?
:D

Ok, I'm done pestering you for tonight.

Thanks for all your work.:up:

Gendo
10-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Phew I'm glad I decided not to flash G32 while doing my dice run last night. I might have had problems too. Looking forward to G33.

Props to Saaya for the fast reaction/solution to the problem:up:

Xello
10-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Xello why not just use the same settings and do a 12hour prime run? You can always revert back to g30 if it fails.

I don't know man... There's just no benefit to be had by flashing to a newer bios for me now. I would still be on G28 if i wasn't getting 4870x2's and needed G30 for them :rolleyes: Plus this new vtt 'fix' sounds good in theory but if it means i'm going to have to go back into the bios and change things... No thanks :D Quite happy enough with what i have.

negev
10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
fair enough, vtt fix isn't until g33 i think..

LordIT
10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Guys,

Heres G32 with some bios option renaming and some further small bugfixes :)

When will G32 come for the Mars? :D

Ryan12
10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Strange enough.. i didnt change the mac address or anything like that any my raid works fine now on the G32? Or was i just a lucky one? lol

Broken
10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Strange enough.. i didnt change the mac address or anything like that any my raid works fine now on the G32? Or was i just a lucky one? lol

What steps did you take? How did you flash? Step by step if you could. I have tried it a couple times and every time it is the same thing, Option rom not installed or corrupt, etc.

Ryan12
10-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Ok, downloaded G32... extacted. Then opened up foxconn live update then clicked update bios.... then point it to where it is then restart.

This is where i got the problem however, went into bios settings and set the IDE chip device to RAID

Then restarted then got straight back into the BIOS to set advanced bios features -> hard disk boot priority -> then selected Intel RAID 0

Then restarted... However i DID encounter problems which would not allow me to boot into windows at all... like only just get past POST before getting a checksum error.
So then i went into the BIOS did load optimized defaults then restarted... still no good, so i cleared the CMOS, and re-did the above steps and it works perfectly now

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5636/biosg32ty9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/biosg32ty9.jpg/1/w874.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img101/biosg32ty9.jpg/1/)

nikoscbr
10-19-2008, 12:22 AM

ι'm glad i didn't flashed G32 since i have Raid 10.
thanks for warning us saaya,so G33 will work normally with raid? when do you estimate G33 to be released? :)

Ryan12
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
So then its not a RAID 0 problem? Or does it affect all types of RAID? Because mine was fine... :S

dionysio
10-19-2008, 04:42 AM
how do linux users update the bios?

saaya
10-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Sweet, any time frame?
:Dmhhh i think 2 weeks? hopefully less... :D

Thanks for all your work.:up:your welcome :)

Props to Saaya for the fast reaction/solution to the problem:up:thanks :toast:

When will G32 come for the Mars? :Dheh, no idea... sorry...

Strange enough.. i didnt change the mac address or anything like that any my raid works fine now on the G32? Or was i just a lucky one? lolhmmm interesting... are you sure your booting from the bios chip that has G32 on it tho?

ι'm glad i didn't flashed G32 since i have Raid 10.
thanks for warning us saaya,so G33 will work normally with raid? when do you estimate G33 to be released? :)i hope in a week, but im not sure...

So then its not a RAID 0 problem? Or does it affect all types of RAID? Because mine was fine... :Swell if raid works it works... so maybe people can use raid with G32 if they reset the bios? cause besides that theres nothing in the steps you did that would explain why it suddenly works... weird... hmmm

how do linux users update the bios?
freedos for example:
http://www.linuxinsight.com/how-to-flash-motherboard-bios-from-linux-no-dos-windows-no-floppy-drive.html

or do it the ubuntu way :D
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=318789

Ryan12
10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok i think i found why mine worked with the G32 BIOS.
If i reset the cmos and load default settings my computer will load into windows then freeze completely.. No matter what i do, however it WILL boot up in safe mode
BUT if i go back into the BIOS - load one of my old BIOS overclocked settings from 'overclocking gear' my computer will boot up fine and into windows no worries.

Saaya would that possibly be because those overclocking settings were created on the old G30 BIOS?

ol'norton
10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
What bios does CPU-Z show you are using?

Ryan12
10-24-2008, 06:16 PM
What bios does CPU-Z show you are using?
6.00PG
However the BIOS shows G32

saxile
10-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm running g32 as well and cpu-z shows the same Ryan

Ryan12
10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm running g32 as well and cpu-z shows the same Ryan
Do u happen to be using an old overclocked setting from when u had G30?
Can u load optimized defaults in the bios then boot up into windows?
Also do u have RAID configuration?

saxile
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
never ran G30 (G28, and a fresh OC)
Yes
Nope, no raid I'm afraid, although I'm thinking of doing it later on.

Ryan12
10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I believe the conflict might be the G32 and RAID that i have.. It's weird though that my old overclocked settings work but default settings wont. Hope Saaya has the answer

Rougequellovero
12-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Hi!!!!
News about G33 bios????

Akrian
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
OMG , thank god i've found this thread . I was fighting for every single mhz on my PC , and now after reading about CPU vtt not fixed , I've realised that that whole time on G30 bios I had 1.25 CPU VTT and not 1.35 as i thought .
Well now I hope I will conquer 447fsb :yepp:
P.S. is there any reason for me to flash to G32 from G30 ( I dont have raid so no problems there) ?

Telo
01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Does anyone still have this file? Could you please give me a link to it or PM me so I can give you my email address? Thanks.