PDA

View Full Version : what guitar controller

zanzabar
10-14-2008, 08:02 PM
im debating on getting a guitar controller and rock band/GH ext..., and i cant decide what to get for a controller

i was looking at the rock band 2 controller since its ps2/ps3, looks nice, has calibrating and the small frets that change the pitch in RB. but i just saw the GH:WT one and it has a touch pad, ps2/ps3 and is cheaper

what do u guys think, it will most likly be used for both games on ps2 at home and ps3 at other people houses (i resisted as long as i could but drunken instruments dont work as well as drunken gaming fake instruments)

bullet2urbrain
10-15-2008, 11:25 AM
im debating on getting a guitar controller and rock band/GH ext..., and i cant decide what to get for a controller

i was looking at the rock band 2 controller since its ps2/ps3, looks nice, has calibrating and the small frets that change the pitch in RB. but i just saw the GH:WT one and it has a touch pad, ps2/ps3 and is cheaper

what do u guys think, it will most likly be used for both games on ps2 at home and ps3 at other people houses (i resisted as long as i could but drunken instruments dont work as well as drunken gaming fake instruments)

I vote for the Rock Band one, bearing in mind i have the RB1, but the RB2 controller looks very nice.

One quirk, i hate that it doesnt click when you "strum" i guess learning how to "guitar hero" on GH then switching to RB makes you conscious of the noise it makes.

PS: I love drinking.. and I like Rock Band, mix the two and its great fun :D :toast:

YukonTrooper
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
A used real guitar. :)

zanzabar
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I vote for the Rock Band one, bearing in mind i have the RB1, but the RB2 controller looks very nice.

One quirk, i hate that it doesnt click when you "strum" i guess learning how to "guitar hero" on GH then switching to RB makes you conscious of the noise it makes.

PS: I love drinking.. and I like Rock Band, mix the two and its great fun :D :toast:

well i wouldent go with the rock band one, i want a new one since i was looking at used and they were warn out at game stop, and the RB1 and RB2 are $10 off from each other

and drinking + rock band is its exclusive purpose

HDCHOPPER
10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
A used real guitar. :)
yep here too Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe gont really get the guitar game:shrug:

but after seeing the 170.00 dollar one :eek: you could buy a real guitar :up:

op good luck :up:

BreeSpree
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
The GH controller is better for when you play for serious...:up:
If your just screwing off with friends then get whatever feels better. GH controller has the "star power" select button underneath your palm which is good, and a nice clicker so you can strum faster. I personally always go for the highest score, so I would get the GH. And don't be sad you don't have the small frets, to me, I don't even hear them, or maybe mine is broken.:shrug:

bullet2urbrain
10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
well i wouldent go with the rock band one, i want a new one since i was looking at used and they were warn out at game stop, and the RB1 and RB2 are $10 off from each other

and drinking + rock band is its exclusive purpose

I meant the Rock Band 2 guitar....

I prefer the GH guitar as stated.

Good Luck, and let us know what you decide.

UZ7
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I have both Rockband 1 and 2 but I prefer the GH controller, I use the GH3 Wireless one I feel its more easier and accurate for me, either that or Im just not used to the RB controller cause I always get 84-90% on Expert while with the with the GH3 one I get 95+% on expert... maybe cause I can slide the keys easier... I think the GHWT Guitar is gonna be as good as the GH3 one and it also has a touch pad for the solo part like how the RB controller has it.

Kingcarcas
10-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Which one is the one that comes with the black Les Paul? I want that one:D

zanzabar
10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
yep here too Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe gont really get the guitar game:shrug:

but after seeing the 170.00 dollar one :eek: you could buy a real guitar :up:

op good luck :up:

i know i dont get the point ether, but alot of people i kow play that and not real instruments, and i dont want to cart around my js700 custom shop and amp to play with people who are playing a game

so it looks like im reserving a copy of GH:WT, and dose any1 know if the ps2 one works with the ps3

Fungus
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
1989 Jackson RR for me =]

zanzabar
10-16-2008, 06:07 PM
it looks like im going with the GH:WT im going to reserve it tomorrow.

its going to be a long week and a half wait