PDA

View Full Version : Water cooling for my MCW5000, how is this? <Sugestions Welcome>

neyoung
10-08-2003, 04:34 PM
I have the MCW5000-PT and psu sitting here, but I need to buy a water cooling rig that can handle it, the old exos aint going to do it! How does this equipment sound?

Black Ice Xtreme Rev.2
EHEIM 1250 317GPH pump - 110/120V
Delta 120mm X 38mm 152CFM FAN

Do I need a reservoir?

I want to be able to fit this all in my lian li pc60 case. Will this be enough performance for the MCW5000-PT? Any recomendations? I want to know what you guys think!

Also I have been browsing at www.cooltechnica.com, is there a better site for wc gear?

Thanks for all the help! I'm on stock air cooling and I hate it!!!

KnightElite
10-08-2003, 04:43 PM
If you have room for a larger radiator, something that can hold two fans, even, I would go with that instead. Also, you might want to go with a quieter fan... that Delta will be loud.

neyoung
10-08-2003, 04:53 PM
I wanted to get the "Black Ice X2 PC Radiator for Dual 120mm fans", but then I couldn't have the whole wc setup inside my case. Will the two fan rad be alot better than the one fan? I will only be running only the MCW5000-PT on this setup. This is my first "home brew" wc setup. I used the exos before and it works ok, but I want something better.

KnightElite
10-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Try out the D-Tek heatercore instead... that is definitely a superior solution than the BIX.

Major
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by KnightElite
Try out the D-Tek heatercore instead... that is definitely a superior solution than the BIX.

Ditto !

They also have a slightly smaller version too that will fit in smaller cases now.

neyoung
10-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Is this the rad you guys are talking about ?

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/product.asp?0=205&1=227&3=103

If so, with a shroud and fan it would perfectly fit inside my case :)

Any recomendations on pumps? Hows the one I picked out before?

How about res? Do I need one?

KnightElite
10-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Yep, that's the one we're talking about.

Reservoir is nice, if you have the room, because it makes filling and bleeding the system much more hassle free. But no, you don't need one.

As to pumps, you might want to look at the new swiftech pump. It seems to be pretty beefy.

neyoung
10-09-2003, 08:16 AM
This is the pump you are talking about right?

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp600.asp

How do the noise levels of the EHEIM and the swifty compare?

KnightElite
10-09-2003, 08:36 AM
That's the one. I'm not sure about noise levels on the swiftech pump, the eheim is quite quiet. The swiftech maintains higher flow better than the eheim does though.

neyoung
10-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Got any sugestions for a res? I was thinking of a bay res to save space, but I have also seen some neat tube shaped ones. I'm sure you have another great sugestion for this too :) Thanks for all the help Knight!

KnightElite
10-09-2003, 09:43 AM
As to reservoirs... I've never actually used one, so I can't tell you much from personal experience, unfortunately. I'll let someone else take this one ;).

mrzee
10-09-2003, 09:44 AM
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=Tanks

These are nice, but you would have to change the front fitting.
I mean the top res, I have the tank-o-matic in a Lian-Li PC-75,
the plugon would work better in a PC-60.
I have no personal experience with the bay-res, but I've heard they are a PITA to fill or drain