PDA

View Full Version : OCing phenom on the Destroyer

Sukina
10-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not out to pour liquid N2 over my system, nor am I tryinrg to reach 6 ghz, but does anyone have any suggestions on OC'ing the Phenom quad on the Destroyer stock bios? Are there any better BIOS releases than the stock available? This is the first computer I've built, or even attempted to overclock. I've only managed to reach 3 ghz stable with 15X multiplier. Its stable, or at least I haven't had any crashes with it running at that level (yet). I'm running water and have yet for it to even think about leaving the 30's deg cel.
Experiences? Suggestions?

FatAlbert
10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
yes, there is a couple bios other than stock. some of them hasn't got regulation of nb multi, some of them give you high oc with htt, some of them suck, some of them is ok. I can't tell which is the better if you want ocing with phenom. try higher vcore, lower mem div ;)

saaya
10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
the latest one is usually the best :D
i know i know fatalbert, the vcore has been castrated, but according to our engineers those 2v settings actually didnt work, thats why they removed them.
and i think 1.8v is enough for a phenom considering several people blew chips with 1.7v :D

FatAlbert
10-14-2008, 01:04 AM
oh ;)

1.7 is enough :D