PDA

View Full Version : motherboard restart?

kimohw
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
If I shutdown my computer and remove the power cord, when I power on the PC, it boots then shutdown and boots again. is that normal?

if I do normal shutdown no problems, it boots fine

negev
10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
yea thats normal mine does that too

HDCHOPPER
10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
yep thats normal sumtimes 3 times

just a note fyi keep overclock recovery enabled ;) allways it has saved my butt countless times

saaya
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
yepp, thats normal, not sure exactly why its necessary, but i think it has to do with some registers not beeing cleared or set properly...
ive seen this on asus gigabyte and our own boards. and on nvidia ref boards too... it wasnt always like this tho, only in recent years boards started doing this... i wonder why...

Sailindawg
10-13-2008, 04:35 AM
i wonder why

I had in another forum that it's attributed to the X48 chipset setting it's voltage or registers correctly. I have also seen this behavior when changing RAM timings. Kind of goofy at first, the first time it did it I thought the board died, then it came back to life and all was well!!

Overclock recovery!!!!! One of the best options of the board.

grungero
10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
It's normal but when overclock fails, it will reboot or restart many times or can be forever if you don't turn it off. :D

saaya
10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
It's normal but when overclock fails, it will reboot or restart many times or can be forever if you don't turn it off. :D
that only happens with some power supplies that dont shut down correctly.
they keep running for several seconds after the board tells them to power off, or they do shut down but they keep supplying voltage for some time even though they should stop right away.

which psu do you have this problem with?