PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried the FoxLive update utility?

kimohw
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I tried this flash tool to flash my bios, everything goes fine but I want to know something, this flash tool took like 4 min to finish the flash 100%, is that normal? I tried before other flashing tools for msi and asus boards and the flash time only takes like 40 sec

HDCHOPPER
10-10-2008, 02:23 PM
ya thats normal
every bios change eye did took about that long .. really makes ya worried about power loss to the house during it :eek:

everytime eye do it for shure use a ups in good working order ;)

Xello
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm sure it backs up the bios in a file first before it writes the new one, too, maybe that's why it takes longer.

I've flashed with this program a good few times, no problems always went well for me :)

Chris_redfield
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I've used it a bit and it seems fine, though it keeps telling me updates are available but when I try and update it it refuses to do so and crashes.

kimohw
10-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, it is still take a little more time that after flash utilities which I tried, as it goes 1% 2% ..... like 5 sec in every %.
Pther flash utilities goes 1% then 20% in like 5 sec

I noticed the foxconn mars has 8MB flash type so maybe that's why it takes long time compared to my old motherboard which was only 512kb.

HDCHOPPER
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I've used it a bit and it seems fine, though it keeps telling me updates are available but when I try and update it it refuses to do so and crashes.

eye get that too but without the crash

LordIT
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
There is a guy in the German Forum whose Mars was killed during a BIOS update with LiveUpdate.:down:

Bullet92
10-11-2008, 05:51 AM
You guys can update FOX Live Update to 1.0.8.0 at Mars? Everytime I "update" it I've got error message :confused:
And yeah, I flashed BIOS via FLU 5-6 times and never had problems ;)

Aura89
10-11-2008, 07:44 AM
You guys can update FOX Live Update to 1.0.8.0 at Mars? Everytime I "update" it I've got error message :confused:

i got errors too and i couldn't find it on the foxconn website, however, it saves all the downloads to C:\LiveUpdate_Temp, just uninstall your current fox live update and go to that area and install 1.0.8.0

the fox live update is an "older" one, 1.0.7.8 or somethin, not sure why

grungero
10-11-2008, 08:10 AM
It's fine with me.

I don't know how to flash bios in boot. :(

Daytime Dreamer
10-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know if I can use a beta bios (g30) with this FoxLive Update utility? I have the first release of this bios (P06) and its horrible!

LordIT
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know if I can use a beta bios (g30) with this FoxLive Update utility? I have the first release of this bios (P06) and its horrible!

I would not do that:
http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt2w7v.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=unbenannt2w7v.jpg)

HDCHOPPER
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM

eye have had verry good results with both G26 & G28 :up:

saaya
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
ya thats normal
every bios change eye did took about that long .. really makes ya worried about power loss to the house during it :eek:

everytime eye do it for shure use a ups in good working order ;)
huh? you get a lot of power outages over there? :D

There is a guy in the German Forum whose Mars was killed during a BIOS update with LiveUpdate.:down:
wow, really? how???
can you link me?

mmhhh what board and bios are you on?

Sorry about that...
Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
you mean you cant update the fox live tool itself, using fox life update?
what board and version are you on?

grungero
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Man, this scares me! It freaks me out!

saaya
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, that sounds really weird tho...
i can imagine the app crashes while updating, and the bios is fuxxored, but why would the board die?
im pretty sure its just the BIOS beeing messed up...

any more details lordit?

LordIT
10-14-2008, 01:58 AM

wow, really? how???
can you link me?

yeah, that sounds really weird tho...
i can imagine the app crashes while updating, and the bios is fuxxored, but why would the board die?
im pretty sure its just the BIOS beeing messed up...

any more details lordit?

The guy (Wilhelm II) tried to update from P14 to P15 with LiveUpdate. The update failed though Foxconn fixed that problem in P14. He did the update completely. But then there were short beeps after restart. He had no chance to flash a second time - got a new board by gaurantee :clap:.
Please have a look at the link (post numbers #633, #642, #643)
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=428210&page=22

And here at #753:
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=428210&page=26

s e t h
10-14-2008, 02:21 AM
same here....Mars board died using liveupdate..Greta shipped me new bios chips...that was long ago with an ES board though.
i have heard of several other with the same issue...i think removing updates to Mars from liveupdate would be wise.

Bullet92
10-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Sorry about that...
Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
you mean you cant update the fox live tool itself, using fox life update?
what board and version are you on?

I dunno how but it updated successful this time so I forgot what was in error message. And yes, I mean I culdn't update it via FLU. It's ok now ;)

saaya
10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
The guy (Wilhelm II) tried to update from P14 to P15 with LiveUpdate. The update failed though Foxconn fixed that problem in P14. He did the update completely. But then there were short beeps after restart. He had no chance to flash a second time - got a new board by gaurantee :clap:.
Please have a look at the link (post numbers #633, #642, #643)
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=428210&page=22

And here at #753:
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=428210&page=26
hmmm thanks... ill check it out... damn thats a huge thread, didnt know the board is so popular there :D

same here....Mars board died using liveupdate..Greta shipped me new bios chips...that was long ago with an ES board though.
i have heard of several other with the same issue...i think removing updates to Mars from liveupdate would be wise.yes, im surprised they didnt do this already... maybe all mars boards were actualy supposed to carry P15 or later when sold but some distributors/shops didnt update the bios.

I dunno how but it updated successful this time so I forgot what was in error message. And yes, I mean I culdn't update it via FLU. It's ok now ;)glad you could beat the FLU :D

LordIT
10-15-2008, 02:00 AM
hmmm thanks... ill check it out... damn thats a huge thread, didnt know the board is so popular there :D

Yes its called the best P35 board in Germany -no bugs and a very good compatibilty on hardware. And it is fantastic to have EIST/C1e support after changing CPU FSB and vCore!

I will write a new thread tonight about safe BIOS flashing on Mars -hope you can help me a bit.

Bullet92
10-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Yes its called the best P35 board in Germany -no bugs and a very good compatibilty on hardware.

I'm not sure about that. I have a lot of problems with RAM. I can't get my Buffalo Firestix and Cellshock to their SPDs while on P5K everything is ok. :confused:

Or I have crappy board or I'm doing something wrong. Weird, to weird.

naokaji
10-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Usually flashing the bios with a windows utility is not worth the risk, however, since the blackops has more than one bios it doesnt matter if it goes wrong, in the worst case you end up having to move a jumper.

LordIT
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Usually flashing the bios with a windows utility is not worth the risk, however, since the blackops has more than one bios it doesnt matter if it goes wrong, in the worst case you end up having to move a jumper.
Yes I am jealous of that Dual- BIOS. The Mars doesn`t have that.

saaya
10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback LordIT and Seth! :toast:
I talked to our web team and they removed all MARS BIOS files from the LiveUpdate Server and added a note Warning customers with a BIOS older than P14 to use LiveUpdate to flash to a newer BIOS.

There will be a new version of the LiveUpdate tool that will allow Mars BIOS updates again, but it will either block or warn people with a BIOS older than p14 when they try to update the BIOS :)

Yes its called the best P35 board in Germany -no bugs and a very good compatibilty on hardware. And it is fantastic to have EIST/C1e support after changing CPU FSB and vCore!

I will write a new thread tonight about safe BIOS flashing on Mars -hope you can help me a bit.
Im glad people realized what a nice board it is! :D
There will be a notable price drop soon so mars will be cheaper and quite a nice entry level/value overclocking solution :)

Regarding the BIOS guide, what do you need?

I'm not sure about that. I have a lot of problems with RAM. I can't get my Buffalo Firestix and Cellshock to their SPDs while on P5K everything is ok. :confused:

Or I have crappy board or I'm doing something wrong. Weird, to weird.what memory and what slots are you using?
what vdimm and timings?
whats the max speed you can get stable with the SPD settings?

I never killed or corrupted a BIOS using a windows flash tool actually... and ive flashed at 100% NOT stable speeds maaany times :lol:

I even remember flashing the BIOS on my DFI Nf2 board again and again cause the flash tool kept crashing as the memory was oced too high and wasnt stable anymore :lol:

Yes I am jealous of that Dual- BIOS. The Mars doesn`t have that.mars was the first board, you can see how a lot of things improved from mars to blackops, the BIOS chips were one thing :)

Bullet92
10-17-2008, 06:31 AM
what memory and what slots are you using?
what vdimm and timings?
whats the max speed you can get stable with the SPD settings?

I have Cellshock PC8000 (gkx), Ballistix PC5300 (gmh), Buffalo Firestix PC8500 (elpida) and Ballistix PC6400 (single sided/not gmh). All 2*1GB kits.

I had problems with Cellshock and Firestix kits but after relised that I have problem with Ballistix (gmh one) too. I'm using white RAM slots but tried blue too - no gain.

I left the mobo few days to rest and it seems to be ok today. I can run Cellshock at 1000MHz @ CL5 with 2.2V -> SPD. Later I'll try Ballistix and Firestix wich I couldn't run by SPD (1066MHz @ CL5 with 2.2V) but on P5K I did it and oced well (to 1111MHz).

Maybe BIOS is little buggy or my board is little crappy :down:

I've got the mobo for review (I know it's been a while of relaseing this board but nvm) and I have some "wierd" bundle. (ex. 4 SATA cables, no dogtag, no firewire/usb cable) :shrug: