PDA

View Full Version : Which coolant/tubing?

Dar_T
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Performance pcs doesn't seem to have pentosin or pt nuke. Is feser one uv blue with tygon any good? Or will distilled water and primochill utopia with tygon be better? Or Primochill uv blue tubing http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=413_292&products_id=23362? Or feser http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=413_416&products_id=23356? :confused:

century child
10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I am currently using feser blue with tygon. It's nice stuff. I haven't had any wierdness (i.e. goop forming or the like) and it looks great.

BlueAqua
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm using Feser One UV Blue with Tygon 3603. Here is a shot after a month and a half. It still looks like new.

I certainly like Feser One, a little spendy for some though.

I also have some Feser 3/8"ID UV Blue tubing and it's pretty nice too, but a little more stiff than the Tygon.

More pics in my worklog if you're interested.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/IMG_2131-Complete.jpg

Sparky
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Too bad their UV dye sucks :rolleyes:

BlueAqua
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Too bad their UV dye sucks :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't know why, but I had a poor experience with the dye too. The pre-mixed has been perfect for me. I'm just avoiding any kind of dye now unless it's pre-mixed Feser.

zanzabar
10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
i have premoflex pro blue tubing and distilled water with 1 drop of pt nuke, and its working great

kinghong1970
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
my bro's system was pricmochill... now it's ... um... primo dull... no color, nada...
should have stuck to distilled and nuke...

some day, i'll take it apart for maintenance...

Gir92
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I use plain distilled water + PT nuke and pre-colored primoflex blue tubing.

orclev
10-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I originally looked at doing various fluids but after reading about everyones experience on here, comparing the costs, and considering what my priorities were I decided to go with colored tubing and distilled water with PT Nuke. True Performance PC doesn't sell PT Nuke, but you can order a couple bottles from Petra for less than $20 including shipping and not have to worry about it again for years.

For myself, I got Feser Clear/UV Blue tubes (would have loved to get some Tygon, but I really wanted the Clear/UV Blue, and only option with Tygon is clear). Another option if you want the best performance and lowest maintenance would be to go with Tygon tubing, distilled water, PT Nuke, and then for a little Bling get some tube sleeves or springs to give it a bit of color. UV Springs and some UV Paint combined with a UV CCFL could really make the insides of the case standout without having to sacrifice maintainability or performance.

As an added bonus over the long run colored tubes or springs are going to cost you a lot less than any of the pre-mixed fluids will, and you'll have to flush and change the fluid a lot less as well.

Dar_T
10-11-2008, 04:34 AM
How uv reactive are the feser tubing? Pics? BTW thanks for reply. :D