PDA

View Full Version : it's amazing how life can work for you...

Kunaak
10-07-2003, 10:26 PM
about 2 months ago, I got hooked on 711 hotdogs.
the 2 for 2 dollars deal.
I had a gnarly habit for my hotdogs too...

ketchup and mustard.
chilli and cheese.
onions.

2 dogs like that a day atleast.

now I been a rather healthy person most of my life, but these dogs were getting the best of me, I wanted more hotdogs.
I was a crack head for them...
being rather concious of my health I knew if I kept this up for a few years, heart burn would be a normal part of my life, and my blood would turn to gristle in about 10 years, thats if my blood could even flow enough to register by then :rolleyes:

well tonight, like any other crack head, I wanted my fix...
I get to 711, and theres no hotdogs to be had.
zilch.
so like any other drug, hotdogs were my gateway drug to more junk food, cheetos, ranch doritos, funyons, candy bars, pop... anything quick and cheap to give this junkie their fix.

so I am walking about, under the blue neon lights that makes everything a slight shade of grey, obsessing about the scent of hotdogs in the air that was just there a few minutes before I arrived, letting my imagination get the best of me thinking theres a 711 employee in back, with a stack of chili cheese onion coverd hotdogs that he's hiding from me, like a bear hording food for the winter, as I silently get alittle more annoyed wandering around under flourescent lights, staring at grey food, and day dreaming about sheep shaped like hotdogs as I doze off to belly full of crap land.
but no, it was not to be, not a dog for me, not today.
I contemplate walking a mile to the next 711... but it's late.
I needed something to give me the junkie junkfood high I craved like a taxi full of weight watchers girls on a field trip to a all you can eat buffet at Ihop.
my stomach grumbles, although I am almost full from the check mix and pepsi I been eating all afternoon, but I want MEAT.
Meat meat meat, Dear GOD Give Me a HOTDOG:mad:
aaaaand I silent scream inside, and mutter under my breath...

"WTF, how can 711 not have hotdogs, what kinda 2 bit operation are they running here, how can you run out of hotdogs, thats like running out of money. you grind up all the buttholes and elbows into a fine paste and just roll it into a hotdog, they kill 10 million cows and chickens a week, how can you run out of hotdogs... I swear to god, aliens will come to earth 3 million years from now, and all they will find is twinkies, :banana::banana::banana::banana:roaches and hotdogs... wheres my gawd daym hotdooooooooooooooooog"

then like a flash of lighting, the stench lets up, and I see something outta the corner of my eye...
oh and it was like winning the lotto.
I saw a candy bar.
although I don't like candy much, and I am technically 5 minutes away from puking up pepsi and chex mix, that candy sounded so good.
it was like the hotdog cloud floating around the store just opend up to let the flourescent light shine down, as I heard angels on the radio....
it was "Payday" candy bars.
2 for a dollar.
I don't like candy, but it sounded really good.
I haven't had them in years, but the weird mix of nuts, carmel and that white sugar was everything I needed to forget the mysterious allure of hotdogs...

so I snatched it up, and whipped out my debit card all ready to buy it, when CHA CHING, "$2.25 cents please"

snapping outta my oncoming sugar fix, I came back to reality...

"Wait a second, those say 2 for a dollar on sale"

then we get in huge arguement, screaming even.
he began it with this "that sign doesn't say 2 for a dollar"
"yes it does, it's printed right on there"

"well it doesn't mean that candy bar"

"how come theres a picture of this candy bar by the sign?"

"well it doesn't mean the kingsize one"

"well is says 2 kingsize for 1 dollar"

"well you can't buy it"

"why"

"cause I said so, you need to talk to the manager"

"why"

"cause I said so"

then this lady behind me chimes in and says "look thats what the sign says, 2 kingsize for a dollar"
then he gets mad, and rings me up...

"2.25" he said very angrily.
I got pissed off, and walk out.
on my way out he shouts "don't come back to this store"
I look back, and see the same lady behind me, reach down and pick up 2 of the same payday kingsize candy bars, and gives me the thumbs up and starts §§§§§ing at him.
so I leave...

guess I can't go to 711 anymore.
no more hotdogs :rolleyes:

health worry solved :toast:
back to eating good.
take away the drug dealer, you can't get drugs.
no more 711 for me, no more of my junk food drugs :banana:

strange how life works like that.

hollywood
10-07-2003, 10:33 PM
I too have a 711 hot dog addiction...however it's the "smokey-dogs", ya know...the sausage kind?!?!

Mmmm....I smell 'em and I just can't say no. Pile on the chilie and cheez, then garnish with a METRIC TON of minced onions...Oh yeah...some mustard too.

Then 8 hours later....all hell breaks loose. :(

Kunaak
10-07-2003, 10:38 PM
I know, it's terrible, you can't walk past them and not get one...
it's sad cause they are like these weird substandard hotdogs that look like someone rolled a pound of dead skin inside a ziploc bag, then fried it.
but damn they sure are good...

Svenn
10-07-2003, 10:51 PM
:blink:

Tweaked!
10-08-2003, 02:38 AM
I used to have a similar addiction, every morning on the way to work I used to stop at a 711 and get two hotdogs with Ketchup, Mustard, and Jalapeno peppers on them. God those were the days!!! ;)

I did that for like 3 years straight, then when I quit working in that area, I got the rude awakening of not having any 711s around where I was working anymore. So the habit got kicked, and not by choice.:cool:

koensa
10-08-2003, 04:04 AM
nice story!

Johnny Knoxvill
10-08-2003, 04:58 AM
:eek:

st0nedpenguin
10-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Damn.

/me puts in call demanding hotdogs when I get home...

On a side note, you would not believe the trouble I had getting hold of some American style mustard over here.

I must have been in like, 5 or 6 shops, big supermarkets all of them, asking for American style mustard, the squeezy kind, in a bottle.

You would have thought I had asked for Jesus on a stick.

Yeah, they had 57 varieties of mustard, English mustard, French mustard, blah, blah, blah, but no damn American.

Since when do you eat hotdogs with browny yellow grainy mustard, I don't think so.

Anyway, I finally did find some mustard, damn fine stuff too, but I just thought I'd share my hotdog based rant too. :D

jaawood
10-08-2003, 10:35 AM
it's the 711 tacquitos (sp) that i dig man, those are badass, especially the jaleqeno (sp) cream cheese ones.....i drool every time i think of them:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

Svenn
10-08-2003, 10:55 AM
You all forgot one simple thing..... make your own nacho kits!
Jalepenos, cheese, salsa, chips....

Kunaak
10-08-2003, 11:26 AM
no more 711 for me.
no hotdogs.
not much selection of junk food except candy bars at the gas stations in the area, and a real store is about 5 miles away, so i can't just get up and go to it (I don't drive, never have)
sooo my junk food is gone :)

jaawood, you must be in anchorage huh?
we didn't have any 711's in juneau where I grew up.
too small I guess, but anchorage is a nice big place that seems like it would have a few.

isp
10-08-2003, 11:35 AM
I contemplate walking a mile to the next 711... but it's late.

It's not so bad if you are walking! :D sort of a tradeoff

sandman
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kunaak
(I don't drive, never have)

Why no driving?

My current addiction is taco bell soft taco's.

I can't eat enough. I ate 8 of them the other day, then I came back after getting out of Wal-Mart and had another 4.

Kunaak
10-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Why no driving?

I don't know, seems like a waste of money and never wanted to either. it was weird, every kid I grew up with waiting for 14 to come so they could get thier learners permit and drive with thier parents or older brother.
I got mine when I was 22, and only cause a job asked me to start learning to drive.
I got my learners permit, and they stopped bugging me to learn to drive, so I never went any farther then the learners permit.
I am 27 now and still don't know how to drive.

taco bell is the worst for me.
I could eat there every day for the rest of my life if I could just afford it, I love the chicken santa fe chalupas and gorditas.
everything else is sooo good, but these are the worst for me, cause they cost 3 dollars each and I can eat about 3-4 of them at a time....
take that over a week and then a year....
man it sure would add up fast.
so I am glad I like like 10 miles away from one :)

isp
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
You must walk a lot then? cool...

sandman
10-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Do you atleast have a bicycle? Seems to me getting anywhere just walking would take forever.

Paladin
10-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by sandman
Do you atleast have a bicycle? Seems to me getting anywhere just walking would take forever.

LOL, spend some time in a place with decend mass transit. My sister lived in England for 10 years. Never had a car or needed one.

And the beer, oh the beer! :slobber: Not this American monkey piss. :sick:

Kunaak
10-08-2003, 10:56 PM
no no bike, just a skateboard.
been skating for 15 years now..
since 1988.
just walk or skate.
bus too.

beer? whats that?

st0nedpenguin
10-09-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Kunaak
no no bike, just a skateboard.
been skating for 15 years now..
since 1988.
just walk or skate.
bus too.

beer? whats that?

Are you me? :D

I never bothered to pass my driving test either, I didn't really see the point, I'll stick with my deck, although I haven't been skating for 15 years yet.

Then recently I discovered I can't drive, I have a minor heart problem, too much of a liabilty to give me a license, oh well, no major loss, I'll probably buy a sweet-ass BMX in a bit. :D

Johnny Knoxvill
10-09-2003, 08:06 AM
http://www.extremefunnyhumor.com/Picz/096.jpg

isp
10-09-2003, 08:50 AM
http://www.7-eleven.com/products/product_categories.asp?catalog%5Fname=7ElevenNew&category%5Fname=Foods+To+Go

:slobber:

antipop
10-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Kunaak i hate you, after reading this story i'm feeling hungry and i'd love a hot dog!!! But there's no place around me that sell some and i don't even have a fridge or some bread!!!!!! :grrr

Kunaak
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
isp

thats funny, I can't believe they have a website showing thier food, thats just weird... ;)