PDA

View Full Version : Slot Colors?

saaya
10-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey guys,

Following the poll about your preferred pcb colors, i figured it would be interesting to see what color slots youd like to see on a board :D
feel free to post comments, and again the poll is multiple choice, so you can select several colors and then click "vote" :D

Bullet92
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Blue, Red and White are the killing combination. BO and Mars colors rules :D

saaya
10-06-2008, 01:13 AM
really? dont you think the color mix was a bit messy?
so you think 4 colors for a mainboard is ok?
1 pcb
2 slot
3 slot
4 slot

Most people seem to prefer 2 colors for the whole board, 1 for pcb and slots and one secondary slot color to highlight the main slots.

Bullet92
10-06-2008, 01:19 AM
As I said, I like combination wich we have at Mars and BO.

Every color of that 3 goes with black pcb. It's not on me to decide... If you want 2 colors (and black pcb) then White - Blue is better combination then White - Red or Red - Blue... :)

oli_ramsay
10-06-2008, 01:39 AM
I personally like black/orange, black/blue, black/yellow. That's the good thing about a black PCB, almost any colour goes with it. I definately mobo makers should just stick with a 2 colour theme, otherwise it just looks like a mess:

http://www.technicmalaysia.com/gigabyte_mobo_diagram01.jpg

I guess the designer was colourblind or on acid. Blue, yellow, red, orange, purple + green combo FTL!

saaya
10-06-2008, 03:59 AM
hahaha, yeah i know what you mean...
the reason they use those colors is actually cause the system builders love it... its very easy to spot the slot you want to plug something into if it has a completely different color, and its much easier to recognize all the slots on the board... but yeah, besides system builders EVERYBODY hates those color mixes... except for some few people who find it funny or nice, but then again, no matter what you do, there will ALWAYS be some few people who like it for some reason :D

naokaji
10-06-2008, 05:19 AM
White pcb with red slots would be killer combo, but since white pcb is probably not going to happen I'll settle with black pcb red slots.

HDCHOPPER
10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
ya black board & red or burnt orange ram slots & chrome coolers :D

of course eyem a harley man :ROTF:

saaya
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
White pcb with red slots would be killer combo, but since white pcb is probably not going to happen I'll settle with black pcb red slots.
yeah like the sapphire board... toobad it didnt oc that well :(

zanzabar
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i say blue or yellow, orange or green would look dfi and i dont think any1 has blue slots with black

saaya
10-07-2008, 06:00 PM
actually asus and intel did that :D

s0lid
10-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Voted for PINK :D

saaya
10-08-2008, 05:14 AM
Voted for PINK :D :P

black blue and red seem to be the favourites so far...
i agree, the asus and intel boards with black pcb and black and blue slots look mighty fine, and the rampage and our BloodRage board with black pcb and black and red slots looks very sexy as well :D

zanzabar
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
actually asus and intel did that :D

dont u guys make intel :), and asus dosnt do that except for the evo boards and i have never seen one in person and its not their normal colors (or have just one blue stot)

saaya
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
yepp we do, intel and a few others brands :D
and yeah, the evo series uses those slots, im not sure what evo is all about, but they seem to be competing with ROG?

Crazystang01
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Voted for Black PCB/Red Slots and Black PCB/Black slots. So sick of Blue layouts everyone seems to have 1 or another Blue type MB. Dont get me wrong I got a Black ops (which kickass) among other brands MB's. But every time I look my Black Ops it reminds of my countries flag:shrug::D

saaya
10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
red is taking the lead with blue close behind! :D

Voted for Black PCB/Red Slots and Black PCB/Black slots. So sick of Blue layouts everyone seems to have 1 or another Blue type MB. Dont get me wrong I got a Black ops (which kickass) among other brands MB's. But every time I look my Black Ops it reminds of my countries flag:shrug::D
ahhhh but i dont think that was inentional :D
its interesting, i was thinking about that the other day... how come almost all country flags are white, red and blue? :D
maybe the cheapest colors back in the days everybody figured they need a flag of their own? :lol:

HDCHOPPER
10-09-2008, 06:30 AM
ya white red blue & yellow were the first colors & white is a combo of all 3 also = the primarys
ya eye was an art student

Gendo
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I think an all black motherboard would be awesome! There should only be like 1 or 2 (or a series like asus rog) but yeah I think that would look awesome. Maybe black heatsinks even:yepp:

quake6
10-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Black PCB with ALL blue slots would be awesome :)
Or Black PCB with white/red dimm and dark red PCI-E/PCI slots...

If I know how to use photoshop (I know,but little) I would make it :)

saaya
10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
yeah i think all black looks good, like the nvidia reference boards, some of them are almost all black and only use a bit grey or blue :D
and black and blue seems to be the second favourite after black and red :)