PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best source on the web for Digital Camera Reviews?

danielstallon
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

I plan to buy a new digital camera having excellent zoom for my sister. I want to give as a gift on her birthday. I search for digital cameras on many websites but I didn't get much information & reviews for best digital cameras. Although, I found a site where there is a latest digital camera reviews (http://alatest.com/reviews/digital-compact-camera-reviews/c3-147/) & ratings. Still I am looking for some more sources for comparison.

If you know any other sources. Let me know because I have to give it to my sister next week.

westk
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
www.dpreview.com is your page ;)

MaxxxRacer
10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
www.dpreview.com is your page ;)

I Concur.

But with a caveat. If you are looking from a purely technical aspect, DP Review is by far the best, but if you want to know all the little non-technical details and annoyances with the camera, dp review will not help you. to be honest, virtually no review will. for that your best bet is just asking in forums.

Dave_Sz
10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
asking in forums is about the worst thing you can do. You'll just get biased answers. Browse forums for user reviews and stuff like that, don't ask for opinions...

Soulburner
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
www.dcresource.com for camera reviews, www.dpreview.com for the more technical stuff.

MaxxxRacer
10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
asking in forums is about the worst thing you can do. You'll just get biased answers. Browse forums for user reviews and stuff like that, don't ask for opinions...

Actually, asking users who have the camera is quite useful. They can tell you their experience with it, something you wont get out of any review unless the reviewer uses that camera as their main equipment.

My method.
Read technical reviews and then look for and ask for user opinions. With that method you get a well rounded view of the camera.