PDA

View Full Version : FOXCONN X58 Infos and pics

saaya
10-03-2008, 02:26 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3330521

Just an FYI, i thought some might not have noticed the thread up there in the forum review section :D

FOXCONN Renessaince:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/2856442bk7.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=2856442bk7.jpg)

Specs:
* Socket 1366
* X58 tylersburg chipset (16x/16x, 16x/8x/8x, or 8x/8x/8x/8x)
* ICH10-R southbridge (improved raid)
* 6 Phase CPU PWM
* 6 memory slots for 3-channel memory configurations
* Maximum memory amount 24Gb (6x4Gb)
* All basic connectors you need in today computing
* High Definition 7.1 Sorround Sound with Dolby Digital support
* All adjustments for basic overclocking
* Supports CrossFireX
* Supports SLi

Supports:
Core i7 920 (20x133=2666)
Core i7 940 (22x133=2933)
Core i7 965XE (24x133=3200)
Nehalem based Xeon processors

FOXCONN BloodRage:

This is not the actual Board, ill post some pics of BloodRage soon :D
http://www.abload.de/thumb/bloodrage830.png (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bloodrage830.png)

Specs:
* Socket 1366
* X58 tylersburg chipset (16x/16x, 16x/8x/8x, or 8x/8x/8x/8x)
* ICH10-R southbridge (improved raid)
* 12 Phase Hybrid CPU PWM
* 2 Phase Chipset PWM
* 3 Phase Hybrid Memory PWM
* 3 memory slots for 3-channel memory configurations
* Maximum memory amount 12Gb (3x4Gb)
* All basic connectors you need in today computing
* All adjustments for XTREME overclocking
* Supports CrossFireX
* Supports SLi
* Supports OC Panel (direct PLL, voltage and fanspeed access, save and load profiles)
* Modular 5in1 PWM/NB/SB cooling design (passive/air/water/dry ice/ln2)

Supports:
Core i7 920 (20x133=2666)
Core i7 940 (22x133=2933)
Core i7 965XE (24x133=3200)
Nehalem based Xeon processors

Btw, the FOXCONN boards are the only X58 boards with 4 pciE 16x slots! :D

Catz
10-03-2008, 02:41 AM
oh i noticed it ;) and i like it :D

You guys need any motherboard "designers"? :)

saaya
10-03-2008, 02:51 AM
oh i noticed it ;) and i like it :D

You guys need any motherboard "designers"? :)
designer as in...? :D
your a layout engineer? :D

Catz
10-03-2008, 02:57 AM

I could be :cool:

I'm interested in working for a company like foxconn when i'm done with college.

LardArse
10-03-2008, 04:04 AM
comeon show me the real deal...
no, not pussi mainstream board
the real one :D

dread77
10-03-2008, 05:50 AM

....:ROTF::up:

Something like.... Foxconn X58 "Annihilation"... :eek:

I can't wait to see what will be the next flagship of Foxconn in X58.

NicoOCZ
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Me neither ... ;)

Oliver
10-04-2008, 02:30 AM
ya u got it hehe

i am looking forward to see the golden board

naokaji
10-04-2008, 07:07 AM

+1

and spill the release date pls:p:
other x58 boards and nehalem will apparently be avalaible on the 31 oct, I'd prefer to have the real deal board from the start and not having to waste money on some asus board until something better is out.

negev
10-04-2008, 08:33 AM
How about a warning in the bios about using raid on an overclocked system?

"Warning: Intel ICH9R is very forgetful with your data under unstable overclocked conditions. Trust it with your precious data at your peril."

raptor1
10-04-2008, 11:38 AM
hi! negev

what raid controller are you using or reccomend

Best Regards
Raptor1

hiwa
10-04-2008, 12:14 PM

:ROTF::ROTF::yepp:

negev
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
any hardware controller, not intel's fakeraid

gmcg
10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
any hardware controller, not intel's fakeraid

What do you personally have against Intel raid, and how will you call Nvidia raid if Intel's raid is "fake"?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/FORUMS/showpost.php?p=3058901&postcount=219

I personally had 0 problems with overclocked Blackops and Intel raid running 2xraptors under Vista Ultimate 64 since April ...
But I definitely had a corruption problem with Nvidia raid on 790i Ultra, several times ...

"Hardware RAID cards like ones from Areca, LSI, 3ware, or (absurdly overpriced) Adaptec obviously perform better. However, sometimes they perform worse when the administrator doesn't properly tweak controller and drive caching features.

The one advantage to on-chip RAIDs is that you may end up having slightly more free CPU cycles. That's it. They're sold purely as a convenience feature."

If someone wants to spend $320-$850 on a hardware raid controller not for a server but for a gaming rig, it's his choice IMO. I would prefer to spend this amount on better CPU or videocard, period. For example, Nahalem Extreme CPU with Foxconn's x58? :D

s0lid
10-05-2008, 12:42 PM

Ya sure i could come work there in Foxconn :D

Catz
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
....:ROTF::up:

Something like.... Foxconn X58 "Annihilation"... :eek:

I can't wait to see what will be the next flagship of Foxconn in X58.

Bloodrage ;)

HDCHOPPER
10-05-2008, 02:53 PM
ya ya black & burnt orange !!!
now when can we expect the real QF version of this:D
this board will be the shops first try at nehalem

still trying to find a used afforadable BlackOps :rofl:

grungero
10-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I want to some pics on QF X58! :D

Saaya said that's it's different division from Foxconn, the Renaissance X58 Digital Life.

What would be name for QF X58 board?

NicoOCZ
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
How about "Honeybunny" or "Teddybear"? ;)

HDCHOPPER
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
:rofl

how bout RAPTOR / RAPTOR STRIKE / BLOOD RAPTOR / STELTH

saaya
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
How about a warning in the bios about using raid on an overclocked system?

"Warning: Intel ICH9R is very forgetful with your data under unstable overclocked conditions. Trust it with your precious data at your peril."lol, why not :D

How about "Honeybunny" or "Teddybear"? ;)
were you one of the guys voting for pink pcb? ^^

I want to some pics on QF X58! :D

Saaya said that's it's different division from Foxconn, the Renaissance X58 Digital Life.

What would be name for QF X58 board?BloodRage ;)

NicoOCZ
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Haha no, I voted for a white one ;)

grungero
10-07-2008, 04:39 AM
That's cool! BloodRage!

I'm so excited to see it! :D

NicoOCZ
10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
BloodRage then ... maybe with red slots on a white PCB, like the good old Grouper/Sturgeon boards? :D

saaya
10-07-2008, 05:58 PM
ohhh you remember those? :D
black pcb with red slots and red heatsink btw :)

Crazystang01
10-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Saaya Just wondering will the NB be water cooled like the Black OPS or not needed? Also will it have a clean socket so to make it easier for OCers that use phase/LN2? Love the color choice you guys picked for Bloodrage figured it be red some how just by the name.:D

saaya
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Saaya Just wondering will the NB be water cooled like the Black OPS or not needed? Also will it have a clean socket so to make it easier for OCers that use phase/LN2? Love the color choice you guys picked for Bloodrage figured it be red some how just by the name.:D
yepp, there will be a waterblock :D
and we tried to keep the cpu socket area as clear as possible, there is more free space around the cpu socket to insulate it easily than on the asus boards, th asus rog board, the gigabyte board and the biostar board.
But there are some smd and solid caps on one side...

thats just unevitable... we definately dont want to trade in PWM performance just to have a socket that is easy to insulate :D

dinos22
10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
pink PCB FTW :D

i wonder why no manufacturer has done some cool colours on their PCBs >>> like for example your sig there
some air brushed fire on the PCB

now that would be :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing coool :D

saaya
10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
you mean like my sig? :D

dinos22
10-08-2008, 12:16 AM
yeah man
that would look badass

metro.cl
10-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Any word on SAS controller performance? in interested in this as i already got 2x15K Rpm drives in RAID-0 with a crappy external controller.

saaya
10-08-2008, 05:17 AM
yeah man
that would look badass
yeah i know m8... but its too expensive for mass production...
maybe a limited series made by some case modding mfc is possible... mhhh :D

you dont happen to be skilled with spray painting are you dinos? :D
i mean besides clear paint to insulate against condensation :P

Any word on SAS controller performance? in interested in this as i already got 2x15K Rpm drives in RAID-0 with a crappy external controller.hmmm dont know how to check? :shrug: :D

do you have sas drives or are those scsi?

dinos22
10-08-2008, 05:22 AM
how much would it cost

saaya
10-08-2008, 06:14 AM
how much would it cost
depends how you do it, the only way i can think of that would be doable would be a printed sticker that gets stuck on top of the pcb

i suppose at least 30$... but thats a question you can answer easily, cause itll have a high premium to get the sample and print stuff set up, and then the cost per sticker will probably be very low.

so if we do this for 20K boards, itll be dirt cheap per board... but i doubt we will sell that much :D

NicoOCZ
10-08-2008, 07:55 AM
ohhh you remember those? :D
black pcb with red slots and red heatsink btw :)

Sounds also nice m8. Can't wait to see it :)

metro.cl
10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
yeah i know m8... but its too expensive for mass production...
maybe a limited series made by some case modding mfc is possible... mhhh :D

you dont happen to be skilled with spray painting are you dinos? :D
i mean besides clear paint to insulate against condensation :P

hmmm dont know how to check? :shrug: :D

do you have sas drives or are those scsi?

SAS :) Get a Pair for your lab and test with HDD benchs :) or also you could check the Micron controller data and see its specs.

dinos22
10-08-2008, 01:51 PM
i donno saaya

maybe its worth looking into

NaeKuh
10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
If someone wants to spend $320-$850 on a hardware raid controller not for a server but for a gaming rig, it's his choice IMO. I would prefer to spend this amount on better CPU or videocard, period. For example, Nahalem Extreme CPU with Foxconn's x58? :D

.... # of drives and if there SSD is soooooo dependant.

ummm.... i have 6 raptors in raid0 and no... controller is manditory. (gaming rig btw)

Your correct about tweeking it, however its not very difficult to do. And if you cant even do that, you shouldnt be using controller cards to begin with.

:rofl:

Im running an ARC-1680ix only 1gb ECC... which is why i didnt go xfire on this setup.
The only peeve i have with raid and controller cards is if your system BSOD and reboots.
Waiting for your drives to cycle 1 at a time is PAINFUL expecially when you have 6 drives.

saaya
10-08-2008, 07:29 PM
SAS :) Get a Pair for your lab and test with HDD benchs :) or also you could check the Micron controller data and see its specs.i think we have some... let me check... mhhh

i donno saaya

maybe its worth looking into
sure, boot times are supposedly much better, im curious myself how much faster it is :D

.... # of drives and if there SSD is soooooo dependant.

ummm.... i have 6 raptors in raid0 and no... controller is manditory. (gaming rig btw)

Your correct about tweeking it, however its not very difficult to do. And if you cant even do that, you shouldnt be using controller cards to begin with.

:rofl:

Im running an ARC-1680ix only 1gb ECC... which is why i didnt go xfire on this setup.
The only peeve i have with raid and controller cards is if your system BSOD and reboots.
Waiting for your drives to cycle 1 at a time is PAINFUL expecially when you have 6 drives.
why do you have 6 in raid0?
does that even give you a boost over 2 drives in raid0? :eek:

grungero
10-12-2008, 06:30 AM
When will be the BloodRage can be seen?

gmcg
10-12-2008, 07:21 AM

At least after Core i7 CPU release :D

Chris_redfield
10-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Erm is there any chance we can have a board with a 'boot into BIOS button.' On the next enthusiast board so that it turns the rig on and takes you straight into the BIOS.

Having reset,clr CMOS and power buttons are great but I'm really absent minded and tend to be listening to music when I OC and more often than not miss the 'press del for BIOS,' prompt.

It's a completely 'unnecessary,' feature that I am sure many might scoff at, but I'd be willing to pay an extra tenner for it.

While I'm mouthing off and making stupid suggestions a drive bay device with the clr CMOS and 'boot into BIOS,' buttons on would also be useful in my opinion. Asus have the clr cmos poking out the back of the case, which is OK but in a drive bay would be handier. Maybe along with a display that tells you the CPU volts, DRAM Volts and CPU temperature.

I can see how these features wouldn't really appeal to people who use LN2 and dice and because they OC out of the case. But personally I watercool and keep everything housed in a case (for various reasons,) and with the Black Ops I had a couple of BIOS profiles. A safe one that I used for 24/7 and one that I would fiddle with in order to see how high I could get the CPU and for suicide runs. Though again I also realise that having your 24/7 rig as your overclocking rig is foolish but I am dual booting, I had XP for OC'ing and benching and vista for gaming so if any data corruption ocurrs it will hopefully happen on the HDD that I don't really use for much other than one or two games that I found ran better in XP.

If anything these things would add extra marketing crap you can stick on the box to trap noobs. Now I'm going to sit back and wait for people to call me stoopid.

Oh and is the QF X58 'bloodrage,' going to have SLI? I could definately have my arm twisted into buying one if it did. But then again whoever needed their arm twisted into buying a QF board :D

saaya
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
very soon :D

Erm is there any chance we can have a board with a 'boot into BIOS button.' On the next enthusiast board so that it turns the rig on and takes you straight into the BIOS.

Having reset,clr CMOS and power buttons are great but I'm really absent minded and tend to be listening to music when I OC and more often than not miss the 'press del for BIOS,' prompt.

It's a completely 'unnecessary,' feature that I am sure many might scoff at, but I'd be willing to pay an extra tenner for it.ill check if we can do that, sounds like a cool feature, thanks :toast:

While I'm mouthing off and making stupid suggestions a drive bay device with the clr CMOS and 'boot into BIOS,' buttons on would also be useful in my opinion. Asus have the clr cmos poking out the back of the case, which is OK but in a drive bay would be handier. Maybe along with a display that tells you the CPU volts, DRAM Volts and CPU temperature.everything besides the cmos reset is possible with OC Panel (which insipred asus to their OCPalm :D)

I can see how these features wouldn't really appeal to people who use LN2 and dice and because they OC out of the case. But personally I watercool and keep everything housed in a case (for various reasons,) and with the Black Ops I had a couple of BIOS profiles. A safe one that I used for 24/7 and one that I would fiddle with in order to see how high I could get the CPU and for suicide runs. Though again I also realise that having your 24/7 rig as your overclocking rig is foolish but I am dual booting, I had XP for OC'ing and benching and vista for gaming so if any data corruption ocurrs it will hopefully happen on the HDD that I don't really use for much other than one or two games that I found ran better in XP.with OC Panel you can save profiles and load them within the fraction of a second, so you can jump from desktop mode = low clocks, low fanspeed, low voltages to game mode = higher volts, higher fanspeeds, higher clocks :D

ill check about a cmos jumper for the front of the case... :)

If anything these things would add extra marketing crap you can stick on the box to trap noobs. Now I'm going to sit back and wait for people to call me stoopid.

Oh and is the QF X58 'bloodrage,' going to have SLI? I could definately have my arm twisted into buying one if it did. But then again whoever needed their arm twisted into buying a QF board :Dof course! :D

Chris_redfield
10-14-2008, 02:48 PM
So the 'bloodrage,' will encorporate the OC panel thats on the Avenger?

Cool.

I wasn't going to pay much attention to Nehalem but I want to indulge in SLI at some point so this makes the 'blood rage,' the prime candidate. I can't wait to see what you guys cook up.

saaya
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
So the 'bloodrage,' will encorporate the OC panel thats on the Avenger?

Cool.

I wasn't going to pay much attention to Nehalem but I want to indulge in SLI at some point so this makes the 'blood rage,' the prime candidate. I can't wait to see what you guys cook up.
dont know if we will bundle it, but yes, oc panel works with avenger and bloodrage. like i said earlier, it actually works with mars and blackops too, it just doesnt support all the features and needs soldering :D

M3kk
11-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Some bloodrage results from coolaler :)

link (http://ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=4222)

JokerCPoC
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
bump.