Best Regards
Raptor1

RLM
10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Sh*t, that's not good:(

RLM

gmcg
10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
This review doesn't look reliable for me. They did straight overclocking, without tuning clocks and voltages for each part or using already known good profiles, presented by other people. For example:
http://www.octeamdenmark.dk/forums/showthread.php?t=2209
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=380042
467 MHz FSB on a quad core ...

Scubar
10-02-2008, 09:28 AM
467Mhz isnt too bad i guess. Still not good enough in comparison to the other boards especially considering the cost of it.

Sailindawg
10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
The reviewer spent more time complaining about Aegis than actually trying to clock the board. The Aegis 1.0.2.34 version works decently and actually shows the temp readings from the BIOS. I find it useful for controlling the NB fan at the moment. This board takes some learning. This is not a board that will let you set everything on auto and expect high overclocks. The best review I have read was Anandtech's review. They really gave the board a work out over there and plainly reported their test results.

LardArse
10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Hew said this about Aegis Panel:
"However, memory frequency adjustment is missing."
Doesn't he know Memory Frequency is tied to FSB and it changes according to FSB on X48?

Broken
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Must have though it was an Nvidia chipset board?

saaya
10-02-2008, 08:51 PM
If every Foxconn BlackOps mainboard were bundled with a small Shamino who could help with overclocking, we would have given it our highest score, too. As of now it doesn’t score very high.:lol: :D

you gotta take things for what they are, he bashed a foxconn board pretty bad before, the x38a. that board is a terriblle overclocker, but then again it was never meant to be an overclocker. back then doors4ever bashed foxconn and even shamino as he somehow thought this board was designed by or with shamino. anyways, i think the review is pretty spot on, thats the experience a lot of people are having with the blackops, cause its not made for average users... we currently dont have the resources to tweak the bios as much as other mainboard makers. everybody knows that...

the strength of foxconn quantum force boards is the hardware!
the bios is steadily improving and getting more and more detailled and user friendly, but even while the review sounds pretty bad, i dont see it negatively tbh... it just shows what we all know already, the BO is not for anyone and its not for unexperienced people looking for a quick overclock.

get all the x48 boards under LN2 with a quad and torture them for a few hours and then tell me how BAD of a board the BO is... its awesome!
get all the x48 boards together and run 2 or 4 sticks of memory on them and see how high you can get with tweaking the dlls and timings and then tell me how good of a board the BS is...its clocking memory DAMN well :D
its not easy to use, thats what everybody is complaining about... but who ever said that it was easy to use? the whole point of an expensive high end board is not to be easy to use!

dont buy a ferrari when your driving a bmw now and then drive to work every morning using that car and complain that your not familiar with the gear system and its not easy to use for you :P

cadaveca
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
WTF is up with the ATI kit in the box?

saaya
10-03-2008, 12:36 AM
ati kit?

cadaveca
10-03-2008, 06:11 AM
yeah he's got a pic of an ATI leaflet, a cd, and two component video adapters...

TSi.fi
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Well after using the Black Ops for a while I can too say that it really isn't the easiest board to work with. However I have had no trouble in hitting 565 MHz with my E8500... :) Really should try with my other Q6600 how the board works with quads... Probably should also try with watercooling on the NB. ATM I'm just running it with the fan...

saaya
10-06-2008, 03:35 AM
yeah with watercooling you should be able to use higher voltages without getting the chipset too hot, so then you can push for higher fsb speeds or lower PL :D
im curious how high a q6600 g0 can go on x48, i wish i had one and had the time to play with it :D
i love to push old hardware in a new mainboard, if its memory, vgas or cpus :D

naokaji
10-06-2008, 05:29 AM
The Q6600 is pretty bleh on x48, simply because you leave the quad fsb potential of the boards untapped, 400x9 is doable without any trouble, but beyond that you will need better cooling for the cpu anyway and even with water you wont go much higher. So even p35 midrange boards can max out the 65nm quads, with the 45nm ones its an entirely different story though.