PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Mount (n00b)...

JDawggS316
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Currently I am torn between which pump and reservoir to go with. I want something that is easy to mount and is easy to fill and refill the loop without having to rock and tip my case all over the place.

I just received my CM Stacker 830 and was wondering which reservoirs and pumps work best with this particular case?

So far I've looked at the Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra Water Tank but need opinions.

Thanks all

Waterlogged
10-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Currently I am torn between which pump and reservoir to go with. I want something that is easy to mount and is easy to fill and refill the loop without having to rock and tip my case all over the place.

I just received my CM Stacker 830 and was wondering which reservoirs and pumps work best with this particular case?

So far I've looked at the Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra Water Tank but need opinions.

Thanks all

That top/tank combo isn't very good. The top by it's self isn't bad but when you add the tank, it becomes very difficult to bleed.

The best top/tank combo is made by XSPC and has no such problems bleeding. It's also 1 piece so you don't have to worry if you assembled it correctly.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=439&products_id=23357&zenid=ea07baf6bcb3e3d27310326130e7ebe9
http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Acrylic-Reservoir-for-Laing-DDC-pr-4123.html

armeniandave
10-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I would agree that the XSPC is one of the best. I am currently runnng two loops, both with the XSPC tops and they work great. I'll attach a pic later when I get home.

JDawggS316
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Can you post a link to the best pump that would work with this reservoir?

Also, is true the best place for a res is the highest point it can go in your case? (above all the other components for ease of filling without having to tip and rock your case).

I don't know if that would lead more towards a bay reservoir...?

Waterlogged
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Can you post a link to the best pump that would work with this reservoir?

Also, is true the best place for a res is the highest point it can go in your case? (above all the other components for ease of filling without having to tip and rock your case).

I don't know if that would lead more towards a bay reservoir...?

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP-355-12v-DC-Pump-pr-3510.html

The res only needs to be higher than the pump, and then it needs to be directly before it in the loop. There will always be a need for some rocking of the case to free bubbles from certain components, most likely the rad.

JDawggS316
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
So if I go with the above res/pump should I mount in on the bottom of my case or is there a way to mount it any higher?

armeniandave
10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
So if I go with the above res/pump should I mount in on the bottom of my case or is there a way to mount it any higher?

Heres a pic and no you can pretty much mount the XSPC pump combo wherever you want. When I bleed this system it took about four minutes! You just keep pouring in coolant while it fills up and keep the lid open.

JDawggS316
10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
What did you use to mount the res/pump to your PC?

armeniandave
10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
What did you use to mount the res/pump to your PC?

I am the owner of (UN)Designs so I used my Absolute rev.2 bracket to mount them. I also have other brackets that work in slightly different situations.

JDawggS316
10-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Do have anything that would mount well in a CM Stacker 830?

armeniandave
10-01-2008, 07:44 PM
It really depends on where you are going to put everything, but I have two brackets, one for horizontal mounting and one for vertical mounting and I also sell an adapter to mount either bracket on a 120mm fan. Needless to say I can guarantee that one of my brackets will work great for you. You can ask around, there are many people on these forums that use them. If you can give us a picture of how you plan on mounting everything and then I can tell you which bracket would work well for you.