PDA

View Full Version : My custom ramsinks

gone_fishin
07-27-2002, 02:07 PM
I am making up some custom sinks for my rdram. I will need to remove the factory heatspreader, then use AS adhesive to glue them on, two per stick. I have single sided modules.

Here's what they look like. I only made one prototype so far, do you think I should go with more cuts so that there are more individual fins?

If there is an interest I may make some more for sale.

Any comments appreciated, thanks.

gone_fishin
07-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Here is another version I made up.

dmitriyaz
07-27-2002, 05:07 PM
looks sweet! :banana:
just make sure you dont put no ASIII on it ;)

IFMU
07-31-2002, 11:23 PM
Very nice there. Have you been able to test them out yet? If so how well do they help?
I have to say Id be interested in a couple at some point if I could afford it. How much would those run abouts?
If I get the cash sometime Ill PM you about it.
Thanks
IFMU

JBELL
07-31-2002, 11:36 PM
kinda Xtreme for ram sinks... ram never gets THAT hot but certainly cant hurt!

Tweaked!
08-01-2002, 02:27 AM
Those are looking sweet! Even if you don't end up needing that much cooling, you'll at least have the pride of knowing they're your own creation. The second batch with more cuts looks like they'll work better, but that's just an observation. ;)

gone_fishin
08-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the replies:)
The first batch is thin enough to use on dual channel rdram and the second version is thicker at the base so it could be used with ddr or the new rdram.
I just got some aa adhesive so I am going to test them on my rdram. Rdram gets pretty hot and there is really no solution to buy for them which is what inspired the creation:D I'll remove the heatspreaders and gunk unerneath them and attach them directly across the chips, two per stick. Hopefully I'll have the time this weekend.

Tweaked!
08-01-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by gone_fishin
Thanks for the replies:)
The first batch is thin enough to use on dual channel rdram and the second version is thicker at the base so it could be used with ddr or the new rdram.
I just got some aa adhesive so I am going to test them on my rdram. Rdram gets pretty hot and there is really no solution to buy for them which is what inspired the creation:D I'll remove the heatspreaders and gunk unerneath them and attach them directly across the chips, two per stick. Hopefully I'll have the time this weekend.

Good luck! Keep us updated to your progress.:)

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by gone_fishin
attach them directly across the chips, two per stick.
arent RDRAM single-sided?

gone_fishin
08-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz

arent RDRAM single-sided?

They are made both ways. The ones I have are single sided. There are eight chips and I will use two sinks per stick, each sink covering four chips.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 11:30 AM
aah, i see :)
well, good luck