PDA

View Full Version : XTREMEly slow superpi32m

knopflerbruce
09-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Sometimes I try to run 32m just to get some points on HWbot. However, my times are always WAY slower than others at the same clocks. Like 19m36s on a Xeon E3120 @ 4.6GHz. What I always notice is that the HD always work alot when I run that test, and while it's working, often the CPU usage is like 20% max. Just want to know what's going on:confused:

Zeus
09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Looks like you have way too many processes running eating all your ram so SuperPi has to use the pagefile all the time.

Kill as many processes and services as you can, fine tune memsettings and disable plug and play OS in bios as well as execute disable bit.

Also, set LargeSystemCache to "1" in register.

TheKarmakazi
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
copy waza helps alot too, experiemnt with waza size and file sizes... use monteboys tweaker to make it easy

knopflerbruce
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Looks like you have way too many processes running eating all your ram so SuperPi has to use the pagefile all the time.

Kill as many processes and services as you can, fine tune memsettings and disable plug and play OS in bios as well as execute disable bit.

Also, set LargeSystemCache to "1" in register.

Fine tuning isn't possible, as there is some weird problem with this mobo - need to clear CMOS after every reboot:down: I have a thread about it in the DFI forum, but not too much help to get there:down: Even running BELOW stock now, as half multis are disabled by default:rolleyes:

Perhaps the other stuff you suggested will work, but is it possible to shave off like 7 minutes with those tweaks? Coz that's how far off my score is. I noticed something interesting, though. I got a coputation error when I tried it on my 2gb pendrive (which had like 20mb free space lol). But then I tried to run 32m from a different HARDdrive - and then it seemed pretty normal - 3ghz and 14s during the initial value calculation (vs. 22s or something @ 4.6GHz on my xp drive). Weird stuff...

Stapler
09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
You got the error because the size of the super pi file increases when you run 32m.

Reinstall windows, no level of tweaking can shave that much time, something weird is going on with your run.