PDA

View Full Version : Laing DDC rotating slower! Is it wearing out?

Klimpen
09-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello all. I have a Laing DDC 12V (http://www.alphacool.com/shop/Pumps-incl-Reservoirs/Laing-DDC-Pump-12V-Pro--701.html) that i have come to like very much.
I have used it for ages now (it feels that way at least) but lately my waterflow has decrease by the week.
Every week I see that the waterflow have decreased a bit and the next a little bit more.
I have a T-Balancer with a flowmeter connected to it and I have had about 180-200 impulses per minute from the start and it has slowly become 0 (zero).
http://www.bandwidth.se/imgs/nouser/tbalancer4803ab6b.jpg
That is how the system looks like. The text is in swedish but the middle one is temperature in Celcius and I have
had them at about the same value from the start, about 20C for all three. Now it has changed.
The first one is "TO PC 21.0C"
The second is "FROM PC 29.5C"
The last one is "Ambient 22.5"
It is all calibrated and fine. So the thing is here that the waterflow has finaly come to move so slow that the
water actually heat up too much before leaving the system and thus reaching about 30C before entering the radiators (2x240).
And the temps you see is IDLE :D
As i said before, the temps used to be all the same and around 20C.

The lower little windows called Flow is the flowmeter I have and it now show 0 imp/min and have before showed
about 180-200 imp/min. (the "flowmeter 2" is not used).
Over time I have seen it decrease by about 10-20 units per month and now it has affected the temps
FROM PC so much that during gaming it reaches too high levels. GPU reached 60C after 10 minutes of gaming and have before never gone past 40C

So now after explaining all this: Is it known for the laing DDC to slowly be acting like this? To slowly rotating slower and slower?
It IS rotating though but that can't be more then a few rounds per minute I guess :(
If it's NOT the laing, what else could cause this???

Waterlogged
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello all. I have a Laing DDC 12V (http://www.alphacool.com/shop/Pumps-incl-Reservoirs/Laing-DDC-Pump-12V-Pro--701.html) that i have come to like very much.
I have used it for ages now (it feels that way at least) but lately my waterflow has decrease by the week.
Every week I see that the waterflow have decreased a bit and the next a little bit more.
I have a T-Balancer with a flowmeter connected to it and I have had about 180-200 impulses per minute from the start and it has slowly become 0 (zero).
http://www.bandwidth.se/imgs/nouser/tbalancer4803ab6b.jpg
That is how the system looks like. The text is in swedish but the middle one is temperature in Celcius and I have
had them at about the same value from the start, about 20C for all three. Now it has changed.
The first one is "TO PC 21.0C"
The second is "FROM PC 29.5C"
The last one is "Ambient 22.5"
It is all calibrated and fine. So the thing is here that the waterflow has finaly come to move so slow that the
water actually heat up too much before leaving the system and thus reaching about 30C before entering the radiators (2x240).
And the temps you see is IDLE :D
As i said before, the temps used to be all the same and around 20C.

The lower little windows called Flow is the flowmeter I have and it now show 0 imp/min and have before showed
about 180-200 imp/min. (the "flowmeter 2" is not used).
Over time I have seen it decrease by about 10-20 units per month and now it has affected the temps
FROM PC so much that during gaming it reaches too high levels. GPU reached 60C after 10 minutes of gaming and have before never gone past 40C

So now after explaining all this: Is it known for the laing DDC to slowly be acting like this? To slowly rotating slower and slower?
It IS rotating though but that can't be more then a few rounds per minute I guess :(
If it's NOT the laing, what else could cause this???

I would take the loop apart and look for something plugging up a block or two before suspecting the pump.

gxavier
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Your blocks are probably clogged. After I rebuilt my system a couple weeks ago, i spent hours trying to figure out why my flow rate was crap, and i couldn't get these gigantic bubbles out. And then I tore it down and opened my EK supreme and found the jet nozzle slits were completely clogged.... durp.

BreeSpree
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
How long have you had the pump?
Sounds like this is a single loop, how many blocks are in it?
For a 12 watt DDC, it really could be dying, either from overuse, or you may have used it for a long time. Essentially they are both the same thing. Pumps usually last about 5 years, am I wrong?

Snyxxx
09-24-2008, 04:50 PM
If you can plug the RPM cable into the motherboard, for reference my DDC-2 18W versions (Orange Impeller) average about 4,500 RPMs. After you have cleaned the blocks, check this.

Klimpen
09-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh man, you can ALWAYS rely on the users on XS. Thanks guys for the quick response.
I will first of all remove the CPU block and check there. I have had to clean it out before but this time it's gone to more extreme "slowdown".
If that don't solve the problem I will try to connect the pump to the motherboard and see what RPM it runs at.
But dont you think I will get a low readout if the system os blocked? I mean if it is jammed the pump will rotate slowly??.

A little more info about the system is found HERE (http://www.techsweden.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189047#p189047)
The blocks are not the same but the external rid is intact with the flowmeter attached between the tank och the pump.