PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Master ATCS 840 review

Darren1981
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Quick run down of the new Coolermaster cases i thought this was worthy of posting:

Coolermaster ATCS 840 case review (http://farcry2.org/?p=128)

Its not really a review as they mentioned no one has one yet just seems to be a leaked photo set, but one of the photos have the case info on it.

I was told it was more like a stacker, but well its not that far off really more stylish tho.

CrixD
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
That looks bling :) Aka bling as a clean nice looking HAF case.
I'm sold.

EsaT
09-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Some pics more
http://www.techpowerup.com/71995/Cooler_Master_Prepares_New_Premium_ATC_840__Raythe on__Chassis.html
http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=126207

LuckyNV
09-24-2008, 01:58 AM
I might be missing it, but where is the review?

mikeyakame
09-24-2008, 02:23 AM
its a preview as stated by OP

coolmiester
09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Me and Tom were both lucky enough to have a little input on this back at Computex in Taiwan a few months ago by the guy who designed it and i must admit i thought it was just about ready to go then but anyway, a few months later and it looks like its ready to go.

I've not seen the final, final design but if the one we saw was anything to go by this is going to be a welcome refreshing re-design of the ATC...........and i like it.

For me, its a refreshing change to get back to clean lines and what actually looks nice and the motherboard tray on roller bearings is something else - i just hope like many others that its not overworked!!!

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_1.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_2.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_3.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_4.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_5.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_6.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_7.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_8.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atc/atc_9.jpg

Tile
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I find it totally unacceptable for a case that supports EATX to have the hdd cage mounted transversally. If Coolermaster put the cage the right way the case would have been an absolute winner.

axis
09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I find it totally unacceptable for a case that supports EATX to have the hdd cage mounted transversally. If Coolermaster put the cage the right way the case would have been an absolute winner.

What do you have against transversally mounted HDDs? They are easier to swap out, hide cables by design, and save room for those mile long GPUs. What are the disadvantages?

Axis

Tile
09-25-2008, 12:31 AM
The main disadvantage is poor cooling especially when hot hard drives are installed.

miptzi
09-25-2008, 02:11 AM
they have increased the distance between HDDs, increased the front fan, Increased the holes on the HDDs metal support......

I think it will not be that poor.......

LuckyNV
09-25-2008, 02:52 AM
The main disadvantage is poor cooling especially when hot hard drives are installed.

hot hard drives?

it doesn't take much to cool HDDs, plus there is mounting for 2x120mm fans on the otherside of the HDD cage if you wish.

so you have 1x230mm on one side, and an optional 2x120mm on the other.

added to the other advantages of easier installation and cable management its a winner.

Linchpin
09-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Hard drives don't run that hot and besides even if cram the hard drive cage full of them this case still has more than sufficient cooling so your points don't really apply to this case. They would perfectly valid for a case like the Gigabyte Aurora 570 though.

Mech0z
09-25-2008, 03:06 AM
I really look forward to see what kind of size radiator you can mount in the top, I read that it supports duel and triple, but guess its limited by the radiators thickness as it is to be installed inside and not on top of the case as normally seen.

LuckyNV
09-25-2008, 03:31 AM
You can remove the 230mm fans on top for 3x120mm I think just like the HAF-932.

Thickness wise, you can have very thick rads because this case also allows room for a top mounted PSU, so you can imagine how thick a rad you can use internally, someone did a slight mod to the HAF-932 and they fit a PA120.3 rad + fans.

Only limitation would be mounting holes, probably rads with MCR mounting holes will fit only (just like HAF-932/Cosmos S)

Mech0z
09-25-2008, 05:09 AM
Bah I hoped it was possible to use the 230mm fans somehow to cool the radiator

Klarko
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I personally dont like the look of the case...

BreeSpree
09-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Insides looks just like a HAF 932.
Utility wise, it's one of the best cases to hit the market, has all the things a PC builder would want. Removable mainboard tray, pre-made radiator mounts, efficient design, not overly-priced. Just on the exterior looks, I think it is lacking. It may be just me, but it would be pretty nice looking if it didn't have that thing under the 5.25 bays that protrudes out of the case.

miptzi
09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
. It may be just me, but it would be pretty nice looking if it didn't have that thing under the 5.25 bays that protrudes out of the case.

that would be sooooooooooooooo "LIan Li" that probably they made that way just to not be a copy.

brianm602
09-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I love it, is it just me or does the mobo tray area look bigger than the HAF? It looks like there is plenty of room for a D5 and a res on the tray.

Now all it needs is a window and maybe some fans on the door to cool NB & PWM sinks.

LuckyNV
09-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I love it, is it just me or does the mobo tray area look bigger than the HAF? It looks like there is plenty of room for a D5 and a res on the tray.

Now all it needs is a window and maybe some fans on the door to cool NB & PWM sinks.

the whole case is 6cm longer than the HAF-932, so yea something is going to be longer

Tile
09-26-2008, 04:52 AM
My conclusion about this case is: a good and balanced exterior design with a flawed hard drive cage.

oniL
09-26-2008, 04:54 AM
my next case :D

Mech0z
09-26-2008, 05:46 AM
My conclusion about this case is: a good and balanced exterior design with a flawed hard drive cage.

Whats bad about hte hard drive cage?

I am thinking of buying this case instead of my P182

vengance_01
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I might have to make the jump back to a Full ATX system because of this case. Do we know which Radiators it will support?

axis
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Whats bad about hte hard drive cage?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is a much better design for a HDD cage as it makes swapping much easier and hides the wires by design. I have a tranversally mounted HDD cage in my 690 and my temps never exceed low 40s. On this case, the HDDs are spaced even further apart and it has a MUCH bigger fan in front than my 690.

I might have to make the jump back to a Full ATX system because of this case. Do we know which Radiators it will support?

I haven't heard or read anything different so I assume it's pretty much the same as the 932 in that the screw holes match the Swiftech and HW pattern and has enough screw holes to fully fill a 360 for maximum support.

Axis

muki | sk.4um
09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you think that 3x120 mm radiator could fit on top of the case?

JaYp146
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh wow. Very nice.

Rather reminiscent of a Silverstone TJ09, methinks..

LuckyNV
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Do you think that 3x120 mm radiator could fit on top of the case?

if the HAF-932 and Cosmos S is anything to go by, it'll fit an MCR320 without modding.

Tile
09-26-2008, 01:25 PM
The main problem with transversally mounted hdd racks is their poor cooling characteristics because the airflow generated by the front fan has to get through the front cage wall cool the hard drives and exit through the back wall of the cage and that can be a problem with slow fans. The longitudinal cage has much better cooling characteristics because the cage walls are parallel with the direction of the airflow generated by the front fan and the resistence encountered by the airflow provided by the front fan is significantly lower.

LuckyNV
09-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Sounds great in theory, but in practice there is no issue.
CM690 has the same design, I'm running a 5V 120mm YL SL and my 4 drives are cooled very well.

The ATC840 has more space between the drives and with a 230mm fan, optional mounting for 2x120mm on the other side of the cage is given too, unnecessary for the drives I would expect, but it'll give airflow towards the GFX card at least which might be good since there is no side fan.

axis
09-26-2008, 03:27 PM
The main problem with transversally mounted hdd racks is their poor cooling characteristics because the airflow generated by the front fan has to get through the front cage wall cool the hard drives and exit through the back wall of the cage and that can be a problem with slow fans. The longitudinal cage has much better cooling characteristics because the cage walls are parallel with the direction of the airflow generated by the front fan and the resistence encountered by the airflow provided by the front fan is significantly lower.

Sounds great in theory, but in practice there is no issue.
CM690 has the same design, I'm running a 5V 120mm YL SL and my 4 drives are cooled very well.

The ATC840 has more space between the drives and with a 230mm fan, optional mounting for 2x120mm on the other side of the cage is given too, unnecessary for the drives I would expect, but it'll give airflow towards the GFX card at least which might be good since there is no side fan.

Bingo.

While I understand your thinking, it's been shown to NOT be true in real life situations, at least not with the 690, 932, and undoubtedly this one. To bash the design of CM's tranversally mounted HDDs without KNOWING they are a poor design is poor form. I know of MANY people using the 690 and 932 and none have complained of hot HDDs. In fact, many have said their drives are cooler than in previous traditional cases. Many of them are running 10k+ rpm HDDs as well.

Axis

Tile
09-26-2008, 03:38 PM
That still doesn't convince me of the advantages of the transversally mounted HDD rack. If it was a smaller case I would let it slip but the ATCS 840 case is a big one (supporting EATX) and I simply cannot accept this kind of HDD rack on a case of its category.

Lu(ky
09-26-2008, 03:56 PM
I really like the look of this case and it looks like it would be very easy to throw in a BlackIce GTX240 rad on top with plenty of room to spare. And maybe some tweaking in the front area for another BI GTX240 rad. I am thinking they should sell this case for around $150-190 US dollars... And I am not sure why every one need 6 million HD rack as well, three HD racks should be plenty..

Amd2Intel
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Coolermaster cases always seem to have a nice style to them.

axis
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
That still doesn't convince me of the advantages of the transversally mounted HDD rack. If it was a smaller case I would let it slip but the ATCS 840 case is a big one (supporting EATX) and I simply cannot accept this kind of HDD rack on a case of its category.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You put up your theory arguement and Lucky and I countered with enduser results. If it just doesn't work for you, that's fine. Like I said earlier, it's bad form to bash a product that you know nothing about and only theorize about it's effectiveness even though several have disputed you with hands on results. You won't know how effective it is till you get one and see for yourself.

Axis

miptzi
09-26-2008, 06:31 PM

buy a Stacker.
Buy an ArmorSuit.
Hell, there's a lot of options.........

....But the internal design of this case is not poor. If it's not your kind of case..... just let it go to the ones that like it. LOTS of people. Stay with Stacker or Armorsuit. AND your cable clutter.........

gr8golf
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I've waited for years for a CM case that would get me going like my old skool Praetorian brushed aluminum beauty - this could just be it. When will it be released?

PowerSlide
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
finally a case worthy to be recommended

and its not a lian li :D

Darren1981
09-28-2008, 01:28 AM
A all black interior would have complemented that so much, but then i guess that would make us complain about less to mod lol.

I quite like it, but its still on paper and until i see in the flesh its kind of hard to judge, you can make anything look good with photoshop

vengance_01
09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is a much better design for a HDD cage as it makes swapping much easier and hides the wires by design. I have a tranversally mounted HDD cage in my 690 and my temps never exceed low 40s. On this case, the HDDs are spaced even further apart and it has a MUCH bigger fan in front than my 690.

I haven't heard or read anything different so I assume it's pretty much the same as the 932 in that the screw holes match the Swiftech and HW pattern and has enough screw holes to fully fill a 360 for maximum support.

Axis Very nice thanks for the response. :up:

LUCI5R
09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
What's the major difference between this & HAF-932? This one's a $100 more expensive.

axis
09-29-2008, 08:56 AM
What's the major difference between this & HAF-932? This one's a $100 more expensive.

From what i've seen and heard in this thread, it's a little bit longer and it's Lian Li'ish in looks. The ONLY bad thing i've heard about the 932 is it's looks. This would be an alternate option. An expensive option but another option nonetheless. :D

Axis

LUCI5R
09-29-2008, 10:26 AM
From what i've seen and heard in this thread, it's a little bit longer and it's Lian Li'ish in looks. The ONLY bad thing i've heard about the 932 is it's looks. This would be an alternate option. An expensive option but another option nonetheless. :D

Axis

Well, as far as I am concerned, "a little bit longer & Lian Li'ish looks" definitely do not justify the $100 difference. If there is a physical difference - cooling, fans, accessories, features etcetera ... it might be worth a look ... if not, then I don't see any reason to spend $250 on this when I can get HAF-932 for $150.

muki | sk.4um
09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
But HAF is so ugly from the outside, it makes me wanna cry :) I dont like the industrial grunge design :)

LUCI5R
09-29-2008, 10:49 AM
But HAF is so ugly from the outside, it makes me wanna cry :) I dont like the industrial grunge design :)

I, on the contrary, love the Industrial Grunge Design :)

axis
09-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, as far as I am concerned, "a little bit longer & Lian Li'ish looks" definitely do not justify the $100 difference. If there is a physical difference - cooling, fans, accessories, features etcetera ... it might be worth a look ... if not, then I don't see any reason to spend $250 on this when I can get HAF-932 for $150.

I agree with you 100% but to each his own.

You can't argue taste. If you could Raidmax and NXT would hardly sell ANY cases. :D IMO, they make some of the most buttugly cases i've ever seen.

Axis

muki | sk.4um
09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I can argue taste :D .It's so hard to find monitors, or speakers who could match the looks of this case :D... Never the less, it has great cooling performance, and good cable management system. I like sleek design with rounded edges, and some cool details.

axis
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I can argue taste :D .It's so hard to find monitors, or speakers who could match the looks of this case :D... Never the less, it has great cooling performance, and good cable management system. I like sleek design with rounded edges, and some cool details.

Agreed, you can argue taste BUT it's pointless. :D

It's really not that bad in person.

Axis

LUCI5R
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't think either HAF or this one is ugly or anything - I like them both. On looks alone I'd probably pick up HAF. But anyhow, I just don't see the point in spending $100 more on this when there's really no benefits feature-wise over the HAF-932.

I do like Cosmos, I have to admit. But again, looks aside, I think HAF-932 is a better value.

gr8golf
09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I've waited for years for a CM case that would get me going like my old skool Praetorian brushed aluminum beauty - this could just be it. When will it be released?

Bump - anyone know?

LuckyNV
09-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Bump - anyone know?

Official release is 25th Nov 08

Mech0z
10-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Eh I thought mid oct was release?

LuckyNV
10-02-2008, 02:41 AM
I got it from a CM rep from their forums, price is TBA too, so disregard what you have seen in slides.

LUCI5R
10-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I got it from a CM rep from their forums, price is TBA too, so disregard what you have seen in slides.

If the price is anywhere near $150'ish ... I think I'll go for it instead of HAF-932. If it's over $170, I won't see the point and will stick to HAF-932.

$260 is, quite honestly, pretty ridiculous IMO if the HAF-932 is going for $150. There just isn't much feature/specs benefit this one's giving over the HAF to justify $110+. However, @ $150'ish, it would be Gold.

My $0.02

OdinEidolon
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
If the price is anywhere near $150'ish ... I think I'll go for it instead of HAF-932. If it's over $170, I won't see the point and will stick to HAF-932.

$260 is, quite honestly, pretty ridiculous IMO if the HAF-932 is going for $150. There just isn't much feature/specs benefit this one's giving over the HAF to justify $110+. However, @ $150'ish, it would be Gold.

My $0.02

wonder if it will fit two quad rad in the top. it should, since it has two 230mm fans, so its 230x460. two quad rad take 240x480, not much more.

why dont they use 240mm fans, so that who wants can use 4 120mm instead?

axis
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
wonder if it will fit two quad rad in the top. it should, since it has two 230mm fans, so its 230x460. two quad rad take 240x480, not much more.

why dont they use 240mm fans, so that who wants can use 4 120mm instead?

It's very similar to the 932 in that it has screw holes for 3x 120mm fans in the top. They just organized the 230 fans to fit two of them up there. I don't think there is a mainstream full tower that can enclose a SINGLE 480 in the top, let alone 2. The 932 could fit one in the top if you did some fine triming of the top PSU hole but it would stick out the back a little.

Axis

OdinEidolon
10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
It's very similar to the 932 in that it has screw holes for 3x 120mm fans in the top. They just organized the 230 fans to fit two of them up there. I don't think there is a mainstream full tower that can enclose a SINGLE 480 in the top, let alone 2. The 932 could fit one in the top if you did some fine triming of the top PSU hole but it would stick out the back a little.

Axis

they could simply make it 2cm (less than one inch if i'm not wrong) longer and it would fit a 480 rad!

OdinEidolon
10-03-2008, 05:06 AM
someone connected with coolermaster could tell them that would be great if they add a dvd drive bay cover? And what about the interior black?

axis
10-03-2008, 05:43 AM
they could simply make it 2cm (less than one inch if i'm not wrong) longer and it would fit a 480 rad!

It doesn't measure out that way. 2x 120mm fans is considerably longer than a single 230mm. I just laid two Scythes 120's across one of the 230's and there's probably 4cm overhang from the two 120's and that's just one 230.

Axis

OdinEidolon
10-03-2008, 06:02 AM
It doesn't measure out that way. 2x 120mm fans is considerably longer than a single 230mm. I just laid two Scythes 120's across one of the 230's and there's probably 4cm overhang from the two 120's and that's just one 230.

Axis

oh didnt know that. well, it still fits one 360 in the top and maybe a 240 near the hdd cage

inCore
10-03-2008, 06:53 AM
To everybody complaining about hard drive cages: whip out your Dremel and shave off whatever parts of the case isn't holding up the drives, if it really does bother you to the point where can't sleep at night.

I even did this especially to my P182, which I admit is a smaller case and also allowed me to use the top HDD bays even with a longer GPU, but still makes things so much easier.

axis
10-03-2008, 06:58 AM
oh didnt know that. well, it still fits one 360 in the top and maybe a 240 near the hdd cage

There's not enough room in the bottom for a 240 and the PSU, without cutting the HDD cage. You could put the PSU at the top and mount a 240 on the top and on the bottom though.

Axis

OdinEidolon
10-03-2008, 07:11 AM
There's not enough room in the bottom for a 240 and the PSU, without cutting the HDD cage. You could put the PSU at the top and mount a 240 on the top and on the bottom though.

Axis

no i mean near the hdds, in a vertical position! it is written that two 120mm fans can be mounted there, so it should fit

Battle_Rattle
10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
That case is drool to the power of 10... I would almost ditch my TJ-07 for that.

Good job Coolermaster

SNiiPE_DoGG
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM

Axis

Lian-Li full towers from the 70 series fit 480 rads in the top

Riggs
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll be getting one to review soon. Stay tuned. :)

mikeyakame
10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
The main difference for the $100 is simple. The HAF932 is galvanized cold-rolled sheet steel while the ATCS840 is all aluminium construction.

LUCI5R
10-06-2008, 04:41 AM
The main difference for the $100 is simple. The HAF932 is galvanized cold-rolled sheet steel while the ATCS840 is all aluminium construction.

And what's the $100 difference between steel & aluminum? I know Aluminum us light-weight which I really don't care about ... and it doesn't get as hot as steel, but as I understand the temperature difference is minimal ... and doesn't rust like steel does, well, I don't plan on keeping the case for as long as it takes to rust under normal room conditions.

I just don't think that Aluminum Vs. Steel argument is worth $100.

OdinEidolon
10-06-2008, 04:59 AM
And what's the $100 difference between steel & aluminum? I know Aluminum us light-weight which I really don't care about ... and it doesn't get as hot as steel, but as I understand the temperature difference is minimal ... and doesn't rust like steel does, well, I don't plan on keeping the case for as long as it takes to rust under normal room conditions.

design, man, thats a matter of design.
BTW I need more photos of this beauty!

LuckyNV
10-06-2008, 06:22 AM

Aluminium uses more power to produce (from scratch) which is where the price difference comes from primarily unless anyone knows better.

Otherwise the other difference is weight which may or may not be important to many.

Temp difference... well there is none despite popular myths, there is no way in hell is there any measurable temperature difference via conduction through the panels.

Modding, sure its much easier to cut but I think its a sin to do any major cutting to the ATC840 unless its just a few holes for top rad mounting.

Tile
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
The first thing that I would remove from this case is the hard drive rack. Luckily the job can be accomplished by drilling out the rivets and I would mount 2 120 mm fans with MM style hard drive mounts.

Salavat23
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
If this case really is $300, then that will put it right inline with the Lian Li V2010. And I doubt that it can successfully compete on quality and looks with the V2010.

SturmoV
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM
The case is a winner. It truly has everything I'd want from a computer case: aluminum construction, no-nonsense cable management, a removable tray, large fans for quiet operation, water cooling-ready, a nice design. If the price is reasonable ( anything between $200 and 300), I'm ditching my noisy Stacker and getting the 840 ASAP for my Core i7 build. :cool:

SturmoV
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh and btw they're working on making the black version ALL black:

GR8One84 wrote:We are currently working on making the black edition of the case ALL black and yes that means rear panel, interior the whole shebang. As you also noticed the cut out on the M/B tray is indeed for you CPU guys who hate removing your MB, so problem solved. You will not have any problems finding a place to put any of your cables, you will have no problem with temps, not problem with Cooler heights, nothing.....

http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10923&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

karl_eller
10-15-2008, 02:20 AM
That looks REALLY nice. Will need stealthed drive bay covers or else drive face-plates that fit in the case, but aside from that it's a very sleek case. Sexyness++

Eller

yaddam205
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh and btw they're working on making the black version ALL black:

http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10923&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

That's a step in the right direction there. Something to replace my HAF with :)

LordEC911
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
I, like others, am hoping this isn't more than $200.

Edit- Ouch, release date Nov 25 with a MSRP of $280...

LordEC911
10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I, like others, am hoping this isn't more than $200.

Edit- Ouch, release date Nov 25 with a MSRP of $280...
Just thought I would double post to get this bumped back up.
They updated their forum with the release date and price.

Overvolt_25
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
After buying my A17 for $160 I really dont see the reason to complain about the price as some are in their forums or possibly here for that matter. I am sure it will go on sale for around $250 from time to time and given me LianLi alternatives for me when looking for a full tower this price is really competitive. However, only a solid review will be able to determine build quality which will solidify whether or not this price is realistic for the product.

LordEC911
10-24-2008, 10:47 AM
After buying my A17 for $160 I really dont see the reason to complain about the price as some are in their forums or possibly here for that matter. I am sure it will go on sale for around $250 from time to time and given me LianLi alternatives for me when looking for a full tower this price is really competitive. However, only a solid review will be able to determine build quality which will solidify whether or not this price is realistic for the product.

Agreed. While a $150-$200 MSRP would have been sweet, it wasn't very realistic. From the pictures and all the features, you could tell this was meant to rival the highend Full tower Silverstone and LianLi cases. I was honestly expecting this price, $250-$300.

I never planned to spend that much on a case but since I plan to go H2O, I fell in love with the case from the first time I saw it.

axis
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
It's not THAT much different than the $150 HAF 932. Looks like they could have easily priced it in the $200 range.

Axis

Overvolt_25
10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Agreed. While a $150-$200 MSRP would have been sweet, it wasn't very realistic. From the pictures and all the features, you could tell this was meant to rival the highend Full tower Silverstone and LianLi cases. I was honestly expecting this price, $250-$300.

I never planned to spend that much on a case but since I plan to go H2O, I fell in love with the case from the first time I saw it.

yeah i think this case will be my return to water cooling. BTW, UofA will kick the crap out of ASU on dec 6th! Still, nice to see someone else here who cant open up a window and get sub freezing temps for a nice OC score:D

Riggs
10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
It's not THAT much different than the $150 HAF 932. Looks like they could have easily priced it in the $200 range.

Axis

Keep in mind that they made it an all aluminum chassis. That increases the price quite a bit. Plus they added the sliding motherboard tray.

OdinEidolon
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM
review! amazing!

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/10/31/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/5

Tile
10-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Another big niggle with these cases that are using large fans is the fact that they are non-standard ones and when they wear out you are in deep trouble trying to find a replacement.

LuckyNV
10-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Coolermaster have a shop that you can buy replacements (can buy loads of other things too actually), 230mm fans out of stock for the moment though.
Low rpm and ball bearing and judging by the quality it should have a long life.

Cool Vibrations
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Riggs;3381401']Keep in mind that they made it an all aluminum chassis. That increases the price quite a bit. Plus they added the sliding motherboard tray.

Not just that, the HAF wasn't made by ATCS. If you don't know who they are, think of Silverstone's cases. Hence the impressive quality and similar feel. :cool:

Riggs
10-31-2008, 09:27 PM
NDA Lifted already? I thought it was the 12th.... Keep an eye out in the reviews section, it should be there within a couple days. :) Awesome case! :up:

mikeyakame
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
by the looks of it these will be going for around $360aud in australia, which surprisingly isn't as bad as I expected it to be with a 280usd rrp.

GregSG
10-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Cost slightly more than 280USD here

axis
11-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Another big niggle with these cases that are using large fans is the fact that they are non-standard ones and when they wear out you are in deep trouble trying to find a replacement.

That's why they have holes to replace the 230's with single or multiple 120's. The side fan on the 932 can be replaced by 4x 120's, the top with 3x 120's and the front with a single 120. The 230's are available through the CM Store.

Axis

Tile
11-01-2008, 08:51 AM
The HAF hasn't this problem but the ATCS has it.

Riggs
11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Are you just trying to throw bad things out there about this case? On the bit-tech review all you did was bash the case about the transversal hard drives. Now you say the fans used are different on the ATCS from the HAF? What gives? Whats actually bursting your bubble on this case?

breathemetal
11-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I personally thing this kills the HAF
Then again, Im not a HAF fan at all. It's too..."gamer" looking.

Tile
11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I am saying that ATCS has no option to mount a 3x120 mm radiator on top. HAF 932 has holes for mounting it and I am not questioning it. The hard drive cage is the main reason for not liking the case because I cannot and will not accept transversally mounted hard drive cages in large sized cases.

LuckyNV
11-01-2008, 11:33 AM
There is adequate spacing between drives in both the HAF and ATCS840, no way in hell is there any problem in drive cooling, I have all 5 drive bays filled, hottest drive is idling 36C and coolest is 23C.
Both ATCS and HAF tray mechanism is very sturdy and quick to install and remove drives, mounting like in the Antec900/1200 is just stupidly long and cumbersome, not to mention front mounting causes cabling to be messy and eats into the motherboard area.

As for water, there is a bracket to hold at least a 240mm rad on the top bar, the rad does not mount directly to the roof like on the HAF932.
I'm sure someone will manage to mount a 240mm right by the HDD bay too.

Tile
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
To mount a 2x120 mm rad in the front the minimum space required is 280 mm and the distance between the optics bay and the floor of the case doesn't allow for mounting it unless a cut is made in the optical units rack bottom to accomodate it. At least CM could have provided this space to mount 2 120 mm fans and less optical units bays.

LuckyNV
11-01-2008, 11:51 AM
If one installs fans first and then the rad after the fans should provide enough clearance, if not then 38mm thick fans should easily do it.
I don't have this case though so I can't be sure 100%, but like I said I'm sure a WC nut will manage something.
http://img.techpowerup.org/081101/13.jpg

Tile
11-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Still it isn't enough clearance for the bottom of the radiator and the minimum space should be 15 mm measured from the bottom of the case to the lower edge of the lower mounted fan and the clearance is at best 8 mm.

axis
11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I am saying that ATCS has no option to mount a 3x120 mm radiator on top. HAF 932 has holes for mounting it and I am not questioning it.

Straight from the review.

However, at first glance the ATCS 840 seems to ignore a set of users which Cooler Master has previous generously catered to – water coolers. Thankfully first looks can be deceiving and Cooler Master has included a handful of clever fan mount brackets to allow you to replace the dual 230mm exhaust fans in the roof of the case with a mount for a single triple 120mm radiator

Axis

LordEC911
11-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Straight from the review.

Axis

Aww you beat me too it.
Tile if you want to bash the case, actually read the previews/reviews. Don't assume.

lazy
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Looks pretty sweet and the price is a bit too high

axis
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Aww you beat me too it.
Tile if you want to bash the case, actually read the previews/reviews. Don't assume.

It's not gonna matter what we say. He's not gonna say anything positive about CM cases.

Axis

Tile
11-02-2008, 02:47 AM
I can say positive words about some CM cases like the Stacker series and Cosmos S which I quite like them for their well designed interior. If a case has an excellent interior design closer to the classic ATX case layout and can be adapted for watercooling I will like and recommend it. If the reviewers at Bit-tech stated that the case supports watercooling they should have posted pics to back their statements.

LuckyNV
11-02-2008, 02:58 AM
The top bar has mounting for a 240mm internal rad
http://img.techpowerup.org/081102/file1225357580315.jpg

Tile
11-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Exactly this I wanted to see on the Bit-tech review. Some of you like the transversally mounted hard drive cage but I don't and given the chance it will be the first thing to be replaced if someone asks me to mod it.

Klarko
11-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Im not going to lie.. i hate the look of the case, but if you guys like it, more power to you :P

Salavat23
11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I am saying that ATCS has no option to mount a 3x120 mm radiator on top. HAF 932 has holes for mounting it and I am not questioning it. The hard drive cage is the main reason for not liking the case because I cannot and will not accept transversally mounted hard drive cages in large sized cases.

Coolermaster includes a separate mounting plate to be able to remove the top 230mm fans, and install 3x120mm fans.:rolleyes:

Also, there is quite a bit of space between the hard drives unlike in other cases, and in this particular case, airflow is not a problem.;)

Tile
11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Still it wouldn't stop me from taking that cage off and replacing it with a MM style one if I lay my hands on it ;). Apart form the hard drive cage the rest of the case is well designed and has some modding canvas qualities.

Salavat23
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Still it wouldn't stop me from taking that cage off and replacing it with a MM style one if I lay my hands on it ;). Apart form the hard drive cage the rest of the case is well designed and has some modding canvas qualities.

Yeah but this case has a solid ~2 cm space between the hard drives. That's plenty of space for airflow. Plus, you can have a push-pull configuration on the hard drive cage if that really worries you.

Tile
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
The modding has another purpose: allowing for mounting a single 120 mm watercooling radiator and hang the MM cage behind it. In this way you have an extra watercooling radiator and cool hard drives - 2 birds with one stone.

LordEC911
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah but this case has a solid ~2 cm space between the hard drives. That's plenty of space for airflow. Plus, you can have a push-pull configuration on the hard drive cage if that really worries you.

It practically already does with a 230mm up front and then the 2x120mm behind.

redphil
11-07-2008, 01:44 PM
There's a new (but German) review outside:
http://www.hartware.de/review_862.html

Try to translate the bottom-line:
the good
+ good and timeless design
+ high build-quality
+ complete made from Aluminium...
+ ...meaning light for it's size
+ much space inside
+ four high-quality fans
+ relatively silent
+ high-quality dustfilter is removable
+ quick-fit and changable frame for drives
+ Air-Duct usefull

the bad
- no quick-release fastener for cardsi
- difficult mounting of the Air-Duct
- needs much place
- high price

Salavat23
11-07-2008, 08:03 PM
The looks are very tempting, but the HAF 932 is much more practical, and more efficient at reducing temps inside the case.

GregSG
11-07-2008, 08:23 PM
There's a new (but German) review outside:
http://www.hartware.de/review_862.html

Try to translate the bottom-line:
the good
+ good and timeless design
+ high build-quality
+ complete made from Aluminium...
+ ...meaning light for it's size
+ much space inside
+ four high-quality fans
+ relatively silent
+ high-quality dustfilter is removable
+ quick-fit and changable frame for drives
+ Air-Duct usefull

the bad
- no quick-release fastener for cardsi
- difficult mounting of the Air-Duct
- needs much place
- high price

Hi, thanks for the link.

Very helpful :)

MINIz guy
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
The HAF932 already has the ability to mount a 3x120 radiator but you have to sacrifice a 5.25" drive bay.

This seems like an awesome case, but will probably cost too much for many people.

My biggest gripe about both the HAF and this one is that the front HD cage isn't removable. Would be so nice if there were, as I could mount another radiator in the front!

LordEC911
11-07-2008, 09:18 PM
The HAF932 already has the ability to mount a 3x120 radiator but you have to sacrifice a 5.25" drive bay.

This seems like an awesome case, but will probably cost too much for many people.

My biggest gripe about both the HAF and this one is that the front HD cage isn't removable. Would be so nice if there were, as I could mount another radiator in the front!

You should be able to anyway, on the 2x120mm fans behind the cage.

karl_eller
11-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Can someone with this case tell me how much space there is between:
a) Roof of the case (without fans) and the rad mounting rails
and
b) Roof of the case and the top of the motherboard?

Trying to figure out if there is enough top clearance for a mod I'm planning.

Cheers

Eller

OdinEidolon
11-09-2008, 02:50 AM
italian reviews:

http://www.dinoxpc.com/Tests/articoli/articolo/index.asp?id=839&Case+Coolermaster+ATCS+840

http://www.nexthardware.com/focus/scheda/105_0.htm

pics are interesting.
i can translate what you want for you if you need it

Tile
11-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Now that's a good review. The review that was done by Bit-tech.net left me absolutely cold.

GregSG
11-09-2008, 04:31 AM
italian reviews:

http://www.dinoxpc.com/Tests/articol...aster+ATCS+840

http://www.nexthardware.com/focus/scheda/105_0.htm

pics are interesting.
i can translate what you want for you if you need it

Thanks for the links.

U got PM

axis
11-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Can someone with this case tell me how much space there is between:
a) Roof of the case (without fans) and the rad mounting rails
and
b) Roof of the case and the top of the motherboard?

Trying to figure out if there is enough top clearance for a mod I'm planning.

Cheers

Eller

AFAIK, no one has this case except reveiwers.

Axis

OdinEidolon
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
another italian review. pm me if interested in some translation!

http://www.freemodding.it/modules/myReviews/detailfile.php?lid=58

Overvolt_25
11-13-2008, 05:51 PM
coming in at a solid price here (http://www.sundialmicro.com/Cooler-Master-atcs840-rc840kkn1gp-high-air-flow_1928_1461.html)

I think earlier we were assuming around 300 but coming out the gate for sure at close to $250 is a sweet deal. I know what i will be buying at the end of this month :D

LordEC911
11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
coming in at a solid price here (http://www.sundialmicro.com/Cooler-Master-atcs840-rc840kkn1gp-high-air-flow_1928_1461.html)

I think earlier we were assuming around 300 but coming out the gate for sure at close to $250 is a sweet deal. I know what i will be buying at the end of this month :D
Shipping is going to kill though, I would imagine anywhere from $20-$50.

Edit- It is showing up at Buy.com for $270 (http://www.buy.com/prod/atcs-840-black/q/loc/101/210243820.html) with free shipping.
Wish I hadn't had a problem with them, I still might be tempted enough to bite though...

Hopefully this isn't the usual pre-release games some stores play. Mark the price low before they have it instock and then once they get it they jack the prices up.

Overvolt_25
11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Hopefully this isn't the usual pre-release games some stores play. Mark the price low before they have it instock and then once they get it they jack the prices up.

I have ordered from them before and they are consistent with there prices while i can not say the same for places like newegg. If they hold true to what they usually do the price will the the same. They ship out of Ca. I think so i guess shipping prices with just depend on where you are.

irenic
11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
i just got this casing.. and the price at my place is cheaper than what stacker cost when it first release :D

GregSG
11-13-2008, 11:42 PM
i just got this casing.. and the price at my place is cheaper than what stacker cost when it first release :D

:shocked: pics?

Overvolt_25
11-13-2008, 11:43 PM

where is "your place" and i second the notion of pics :D

irenic
11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
:shocked: pics?

where is "your place" and i second the notion of pics :D

here u are.. sorry for crappy pic.. took using my omnia..

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5919/840we9.jpg

..still havent finish assemble all the hardwares..

aha and btw, i'm from Malaysia..

SNiiPE_DoGG
11-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Review here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207687

GregSG
11-14-2008, 03:56 AM
aha and btw, i'm from Malaysia..

:up: IF M'sia got them...then SG should be on its way. Should be with distro

OdinEidolon
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
should be officially presented today. cant wait to see some water in it!

chew*
11-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Yah I think i'm ordering this, I need the space for my triple 120mm rad.

chouchou
11-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Looks dope. Considering grabbing one, the haf 932 way way too heavy.

GregSG
11-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Got mine a few days back....

At my country, it was available since last week :up:

miptzi
11-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I really like Rodney's reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_1cQkYTO4&eurl

HuffPCair
11-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I like this case I may get it for x mas.

coolmiester
11-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Thought this may be relevant in this thread as well as my work log :up:

Just before i started chopping this ATCS 840 chassis up i thought i'd give this top 360 radiator mounting a go using the included brackets.

I set it up using the two stock 230mm fans pulling through the radiator but it could also be mounted using any three 120mm fans which no doubt a lot of folk will do (not sure which option i'll go for just yet)

I got to say it all works really well though one thing i would add is a small blank plate or tape up the side gap of the 230mm fans so all air is directed through the radiator.

Just got to work out what to do with the grill now??

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atcs_840/atc_7.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atcs_840/atc_9.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atcs_840/atc_10.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atcs_840/atc_12.jpg

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/atcs_840/atc_11.jpg

OdinEidolon
11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
ooh, thats sick! is there enough clearance to go push-pull? (2x230mm pull, 3x120mm push)

gr8golf
11-29-2008, 01:46 PM
If Coolermaster would have implemented a hard drive cage similar to an Antec NSK 6000 the case would have been a winner but Coolermaster chose not to do it and this really angers me and for a case that supports EATX motherboards a transversally mounted cage won't cut it.

This is like the 5th post you've made hammering this case for the HD cage orientation - we get it, you aren't going to buy the case. Why do you keep getting into the ATCS 840 posts and thread crapping?

coolmiester
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tile
If Coolermaster would have implemented a hard drive cage similar to an Antec NSK 6000 the case would have been a winner but Coolermaster chose not to do it and this really angers me and for a case that supports EATX motherboards a transversally mounted cage won't cut it.

I honestly don't understand why the orientation of a HD cage would anger anyone to be honest as it makes absolutely no difference to how the PC works or performs but each to their own i guess.

A very weak attempt at knocking a nice case IMO

Tile
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
The cage orientation is critical when you have multiple and hot running hard drives installed because the hard drive frames act like heatsinks and in a longitudinally oriented cage has the clear edge because the airflow from the front fan has no restriction and the cage funnels some of the airflow between the hard drives for efficient cooling especially with a low rpm fan.

HuffPCair
11-29-2008, 02:12 PM
It isnt hard to cool a harddrive or multiple. Atleast I have never had oroblems with hard drives getting that hot. It takes a fan just moving air across them really.

I dont have the case yet but I have looked at it and looked at reviews and there seems to be no problems with how the hard drives are set up and cooling them in a efficient way, so really your cause of saying it isnt a winner is kind of not that good.

taowulf
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I have to admire Tile for his stubborn adherence to something that no one else gives a damn about. This is not the first case with HDD bays mounted that way, and it will not be the last. Frankly, I don't think it matters at all.

The more I look at this case and then look at my current Stacker 810 STC, the more I want the ATCS 840. Look at all that ROOM.

Linchpin
11-29-2008, 02:16 PM
The cage orientation is critical when you have multiple and hot running hard drives installed because the hard drive frames act like heatsinks and in a longitudinally oriented cage has the clear edge because the airflow from the front fan has no restriction and the cage funnels some of the airflow between the hard drives for efficient cooling especially with a low rpm fan.

And since the cooling in this case is pretty damn good(especially for the hard drives) you don't really have an argument so stop bashing the case.

HuffPCair
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
O I know and its a nice looking case I am getting it this christmas. Right now I have a 900 and I love it but the noise from the fans gets to me sometimes. So I cant wait to get this and see what I can do with it ( cable management and all that ROOM as said above.)

miptzi
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Tile,

looks to me that every time someone says that He liked the case, You come with that again. Let it go, man...........
This last explanation of your theory, You said that already too............. No need to say again to every one that post here.....

Don'1t like? There's plenty of threads with the cases you claim to me superior. You've made your point! We can decide for ourselves....

coolmiester
11-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I have to admire Tile for his stubborn adherence to something that no one else gives a damn about. This is not the first case with HDD bays mounted that way, and it will not be the last. Frankly, I don't think it matters at all.

The more I look at this case and then look at my current Stacker 810 STC, the more I want the ATCS 840. Look at all that ROOM.

Its not that i personally don't give a damn about it, on the contrary but more something i had direct input in testing right back from early Cosmos 1000 testing and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest what Tile is saying to be true or founded.

The ATCs has a 230mm fan directed at the entire HD cage which has been tested and will keep a full caddy of hot running drives more than cool enough.

Having said that, i'll be running only a couple of OCZ 2.5 Solid State drives and will be removing the 230mm fan altogether :up:

Tile
11-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I want solid proof of that.

coolmiester
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Oh i get it now :shrug:

I just had a PM linking me to the Bit-Tech Cooler Master ATCS 840 review (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/10/31/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/comments/) which you pretty much got ran out of for the very same spam attack.

There is other ways though, if you have issues with CM then instead of spamming forums, why don't you either perform testing yourself to verify your assumptions and bring something a little more than hear say to the table or take your issues up with CM direct??

PM me and i can hook you up with them ;)

clokker
11-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Pot, meet Kettle.
Seems to me that if proof is required, you're the one who should be providing it.

Just to get the ball rolling- and in the spirit of international cooperation- I did a quick and dirty test on my PC.

I have four drives mounted in a CM 4 into 3 Module (http://reviews.cnet.com/storage-accessories/cooler-master-4-in/4505-6517_7-30995795.html).
As intended- and as you so clearly prefer- the fan blows through the drive cage and in this configuration Everest shows drive temps of 28°C (2 of the drives are in RAID so temps are not available but I assume they are all similar).

Undoing the cage from the fan and turning it sideways- fan is now blowing across the cage- did in fact result in a temp rise, it skyrocketed all the way up to 29-30°C.

The funny thing about this result is that there are absolutely no holes in the side of the cage (this is one of the modules from the first STC-T01 Stacker, not the later revision)...so there is basically no airflow at all over the drives, just what gets through the unused drive mount holes. Looking back, I probably could have achieved the same results- with a whole lot less hassle- by just shutting down that fan. Oh well.

Now, I wouldn't pretend this was a "scientific" test, nor would I present it as a recommendation against proper airflow but I would say that it shows that while you may be correct in theory, in practice your Chicken Little scenario just doesn't hold up.
Certainly, the rise in temps did not result in a drive inferno and if swapping the cage to the "crossflow" layout- as the ATCS 840 does- gives you better cable management and vid card compatability, then I can't see how this one detail would be a deal-breaker.

OK Tile, it's your turn...prove me wrong.

Tile
11-29-2008, 03:59 PM
First of all don't trust onboard sensors. For your test to be valid you should have used a digital thermometer with the sensor attached to one of your hard drives.

Linchpin
11-29-2008, 04:07 PM
First of all don't trust your sensors. You should have checked the hard drive temperature with a digital thermometer.

:rolleyes: Loads of people all over the forums(not just XS) have come to the conclusion that transversally mounting hard drives doesn't affect temps or lead to more failures. In every post of yours I've come across you always :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and moan about the hard drive mounting, don't you have anything better to do?

clokker
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
First of all don't trust onboard sensors. For your test to be valid you should have used a digital thermometer with the sensor attached to one of your hard drives.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you, asshat.

How about YOU gather up some digital sensors and YOU run some tests and YOU post em.
So far, I've done more work on your theory than you have.

Tile
11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
OK. I will go with the majority here and I will not post in this thread anymore. Also I feel enraged by the way Coolermaster decided to cut corners with the design of this case.

miptzi
12-03-2008, 06:55 AM
OK. I will go with the majority here and I will not post in this thread anymore.

god bless that........

OdinEidolon
12-03-2008, 07:01 AM
coolermiester's build:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=208427

cant wait to see more pics!

soulesschild
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Got my case and my own project, Project Love (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209825) :) I'll be looking to coolmeister for advice though :up:

SamHughe
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
$280 @ Newegg before shipping! :eek:

P.S.: Just yesterday I put my workstation into a CM 690 and I think that case is worth every penny.

Overvolt_25
12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
$280 @ Newegg before shipping! :eek:

P.S.: Just yesterday I put my workstation into a CM 690 and I think that case is worth every penny.

well if you dont mind silver sundialmicro.com has it here (http://www.sundialmicro.com/Cooler-Master-atcs840-rc840ssn1gp-high-air-flow_1928_1472.html) for 254.99 + shipping so beating newegg at the moment.

Riggs
12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Great case, worth every penny.

Krazeyivan
12-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Just seen this available on pre-order from overclockers here in the UK - £241.49 inc VAT

Lot of penny's!

Still getting one......

Overvolt_25
12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
in case someone is interested sundialmicro.com has the black version in at a lower price than previously posted and cheaper, by a fair margin, than newegg here (http://www.sundialmicro.com/Cooler-Master-atcs840-rc840kkn1gp-high-air-flow_1928_1483.html)

gr8golf
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
in case someone is interested sundialmicro.com has the black version in at a lower price than previously posted and cheaper, by a fair margin, than newegg here (http://www.sundialmicro.com/Cooler-Master-atcs840-rc840kkn1gp-high-air-flow_1928_1483.html)

Nice find on the price! :up: I keep wishing this thing were about 80% of it's current size, sort of a 3/4 tower.

SimpleTECH
12-18-2008, 01:50 PM

Damnit! I've been tempting on getting this for almost 3 weeks and instead invested all my money into another LCD monitor.

Ah well, I'll probably sell my Eee PC for some revenue later.

Malik
12-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I love this case ... that will be my next CM case :)

FZ1
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
For some reason, these are no longer listed on coolermaster's site or in their store.

Riggs
12-22-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=18&product_id=2870

You sure?

djt
12-22-2008, 05:58 PM
I’ve been strictly using SilverStone and Lian Li cases for the last three or four years but I have to say this is one of most complete, uncompromised case that I have seen in a long time. To top it off Cooler Master did not ruin the design with some gaudy, cheap looking exterior.

I’m seriously going to consider this case for an upcoming i7 build along with the Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler and their UCP 1100 power supply.

Nvidia Gaming:

ASUS Rampage Formula BIOS 0601
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
OCZ Titanium XTC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
EVGA GTX 280 FTW (180.84 Beta Drivers, EVGA Precision 1.3.3)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 Beta
SILVERSTONE 1200Watt DA
SILVERSTONE TJ09-B

ATI Gaming:

ASUS Rampage Extreme BIOS 0901
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
ATI 4870X2 (Catalyst 8.12)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP2 Beta
PC Power & Cooling T1KWSR 1000W
LIAN LI PC-A70B