PDA

View Full Version : Bitspower Fittings and Swiftech GTZ

gmod
09-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Is there any problems with the 1/2x3/4 BP comp. Fittings. Do they seal fully on the blk without any problems or mods..I have noticed the swifty logo needs to be removed..

BP-Vincent
09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Is there any problems with the 1/2x3/4 BP comp. Fittings. Do they seal fully on the blk without any problems or mods..I have noticed the swifty logo needs to be removed..

Please use the ST transfer Adapter and then you will have perfect seal.

Due to all of our fittings are all hidden O-Ring design.

gmod
09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Please use the ST transfer Adapter and then you will have perfect seal.

Due to all of our fittings are all hidden O-Ring design.

could you give me a link to where i can get those. Want to make sure i get the right ones..And what about the EK 4870x2 full cover blks. Anything i need for those

Scubar
09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Apparently if you put another O-Ring over the thread they should work ok.

Sparky
09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Apparently if you put another O-Ring over the thread they should work ok.

The thing that bothers me about that is O rings tend not to seal well against a second O ring. I mean look at a car's oil filter, if you accidentally double up the O ring there (old oil filter's O ring sticks to the engine block) then you have an almost guaranteed leak. Plus, you reduce how many threads are actually threaded in.

I'd personally play it safe and just use the adapters that Vincent suggested. Should be no issues at all then.

SNiiPE_DoGG
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
are BP barbs (not compression) ok to use on the MCW-30 without the ST adapter???

CyberDruid
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
If it is a captive O-ring type barb you will need either a spacer or another O-ring.

rehpyc
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Is this issue only with Swiftech blocks, or is it something that is a problem with say D-Tek blocks as well?

BP-Vincent
09-23-2008, 11:06 AM
are BP barbs (not compression) ok to use on the MCW-30 without the ST adapter???

We prefer you add one ST Adapter for perfect seal...

This was designed for Swiftech's issue only..

Is this issue only with Swiftech blocks, or is it something that is a problem with say D-Tek blocks as well?

Sure..now if there are the same design with swiftech...please sure you are using correct our components for WC.

Boyu
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
how about using BP compresion Fitting 3/4 OD on the side of EK RES?, what adapter do you recomended

_G_
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
We prefer you add one ST Adapter for perfect seal...

This was designed for Swiftech's issue only..

Sure..now if there are the same design with swiftech...please sure you are using correct our components for WC.

these?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=393&products_id=23836

DeathWalking
09-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes.

Martinm210
09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Here are some pics that I posted on another thread this weekend...

BP Compression (1/2" x 3/4") + BP ST Transfer Fitting

ENJOY ... :up:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/2873379114_4ffe9e1c18_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2872550523_7cbae95964_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2873379862_6776ac8ea2_b.jpg

Yes, this is the way to do it right.:up: The o-ring trick may work, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of threading in there. This adapter is fairly long with lots of threads, so you'd get really good strength, not to mention the exact threading.

rehpyc
09-23-2008, 09:45 PM
If only other stores could provide these adapters among their BP products in stock.. performance-pcs charges an arm and a leg for shipping :(

Herc130
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Can try carefully filing down the lip that surrounds the o-ring. Personally, an adapter on a fitting is just too much going on, I'd find a different solution. Luckily, I am not a fan of the compression fitting :)

Martinm210
09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I can get about 1-3/4 turns using the o-ring idea. I wouldn't do that if both o-rings weren't retained, but with the way the GTZ is, the extra o-ring is retained by the block and the fitting o-ring is retained by the barb, so I think it seals ok. It's only holding on by just under 1-3/4 threads, so the transfer fittings would be the better way to go though.

Waterlogged
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I can get about 1-3/4 turns using the o-ring idea. I wouldn't do that if both o-rings weren't retained, but with the way the GTZ is, the extra o-ring is retained by the block and the fitting o-ring is retained by the barb, so I think it seals ok. It's only holding on by just under 1-3/4 threads, so the transfer fittings would be the better way to go though.

Whoa, wait just a minute here! I thought the GTZ had G1/4" threads?

CrixD
09-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Whoa, wait just a minute here! I thought the GTZ had G1/4" threads?

it haves, but to use a bitspower fitting you need to use a extender, else you need to remove the sticker and maybe void the garantee :shrug:

Waterlogged
09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
it haves, but to use a bitspower fitting you need to use a extender, else you need to remove the sticker and maybe void the garantee :shrug:

The problem there is, the BP ST transfer fitting has NPSM male thread which are longer than most fittings have. This will cause the mis-alignment between the 18 TPI of the NPSM and the 19 TPI of the BSPP (G).

CrixD
09-23-2008, 10:53 PM
The problem there is, the BP ST transfer fitting has NPSM male thread which are longer than most fittings have. This will cause the mis-alignment between the 18 TPI of the NPSM and the 19 TPI of the BSPP (G).

ahhh... I can see that :p Sorry ;p

Waterlogged
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
ahhh... I can see that :p Sorry ;p

NP at all. :up:

Scubar
09-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Well thats put a dent in my plans. I was hoping to use the GTZ with the BP Compression fittings. However i cant seem to get that adaptor in the UK.

So are you saying that the adaptors arent going to work properly anyway then ?

Martinm210
09-23-2008, 11:14 PM

Good catch, I don't have any of those transfer fittings, but if I try to feed a plastic swiftech barb down in there it does seem to bind up pretty quick.

Kibbler
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
So, ideally we would need a G1/4 extender (NOT the BP bpsm-bspp thread adapter) with NO recessed o-ring, correct? I don't think something like that exists.

Koolance has the only G1/4 extender I know of and they have recessed o-rings.

You could use a DD male-to-male fitting, those have exposed o-rings, coupled together with a BP female-female coupler. But that's gonna look tremendously...ugly.

Weird why Swiftech designed their newest block with a built-in recess when most other blocks have a flat face.

Waterlogged
09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Well thats put a dent in my plans. I was hoping to use the GTZ with the BP Compression fittings. However i cant seem to get that adaptor in the UK.

So are you saying that the adaptors arent going to work properly anyway then ?

Well, IIRC, I've been seeing two ways that ppl have been getting BP comps on this block.

1. Pop off the little Swiftech badge so the fittings seat properly

2. Double up on the O-ring as per Martin's site:

And by popular demand, yes the Apogee GTZ will fit compression fitting with a small trick. Because the top has recess barb slots for o-rings, you need to grab an extra o-ring from another unused barb and slip it over the comrpession fitting threads. Othewise the compression fittings will sit too low and impact the swiftech logo. Not a big deal though, just slip them over and tighten the whole thing down.

Scubar
09-24-2008, 04:45 AM
Is that going to be a problem if you plan on using the 7/16" 5/8" OD fittings as thats what i plan on using ?

Would it still hit the logo. or will it be small enough to fit.

BlueAqua
09-24-2008, 05:32 AM
The logo is just glued on. I just popped mine off and put it back down a few millimeters over. I didn't even think about it not sealing. I metal part of the fitting above the threads is now flush with the top of the block, but I'd hate to use that as my seal. I think I'll try another O-ring and see how that works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/IMG_2059.jpg

iowamoe300
09-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I have those bitspower transfer fittings on my gtz, and they thread in there fine and I have no problems at all.

kadozer
09-25-2008, 03:24 AM
how about using BP compresion Fitting 3/4 OD on the side of EK RES?, what adapter do you recomended

Would like to know this as well.

Scubar
09-25-2008, 04:51 AM
Im really worried now because i want to order a whole load of the 7/16" 5/8" BP compression fittings but i have a Swiftech MCRes and now a Swiftech Apogee GTZ and there is nowhere in the UK that does the adaptors.

Im now contemplating some normal 1/2" barbs but am unsure of whether to get the Dtek/DD or Swiftech ones. The Dtek and DD look like they have a recessed O-Ring so im guessing that could cause problems with sealing on the Apogee.

Are the Swiftech 1/2" Barbs a better choice to go with using 7/16" tubing and a zip tie.

FrOzE
10-11-2008, 09:40 AM
So in order to prevent leakage, either 1 of the below has to be done?

1. Shifting of the Swiftech sticker
2. ST Adapter

For Bitspower 3/4" OD Compression barbs

Waterlogged
10-11-2008, 09:43 AM
So in order to prevent leakage, either 1 of the below has to be done?

1. Shifting of the Swiftech sticker
2. ST Adapter

For Bitspower 3/4" OD Compression barbs

1. Yes
2. No, the ST adapter is for Swiftech products using their oddball NPSM 1/4" threads. The GTZ uses standard G1/4" threads.

Scubar
10-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I have the Swiftech GTZ now and some BP 7/16" 5/8" Compression fittings and you dont have to move the sticker and they seem to tighten very nicely indeed. Ill be ready for leak testing soon but it seems the 5/8 compressions should be just fine on it.

FrOzE
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Scubar... do give us some feedback...