PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the sonar audio card on Foxconn Blackops

darkfable
09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi guys, please forgive me if my english isn't perfect, but I'm from Italia...;)
I've a problem... if I turn Up the pc without the sonar, it run and boot windows... but if I put the audio card (the sonar) the pc doesn't run, there's a black window, on the monitor ther's nothing, and on the display appear A1

my configuration is BO, cellshock ddr3 d9gtr 2x1gb, 4870x2, tagan 1,3kw

it isn't a conflict problem because I've also tried it with a pentium 4 ht 3,6ghz and x850xt...

Why it makes so??? Thanks to all, I wait answers....:p::D

negev
09-19-2008, 11:06 AM
That's odd. First I'd double check that the card is connected right, make sure you haven't missed a couple of pins at either end. In my case the Sonar was quite a tight fit and it was tricky to line the pins up.

If that doesn't work try resetting your bios, to do this unplug the power and hold the reset microswitch on the board for 15 seconds or so. What bios are you running? Try G30 bios that is the latest and definitely works with the Sonar. If it still doesn't work after all this you're probably looking at an rma..

negev
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
A1 is: Finished Intel memory configuration and testing code, going into ClockGen

What memory, cpu, psu etc do you have? Try removing the ram sticks one at a time, try them in different slots... make sure you have the appropriate power cables connected to the board, could be a lack of power issue.. If your cpu is overclocked try lowering it to stock.

Do you have a spare psu you can try? Do you have any other PCI/X cards in the machine that might be conflicting?

darkfable
09-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi, i've install the g30, but nothing... now te pc is out of the cabinet, and there are only the basic element (cpu,ram,mb,vga) so there aren't other pci card. I've triedo to make an cmos, but nothing. I've put well the sound card, isn't diffficoult... i've connect all power cable, and Iìve got an Tagan turbojet 1300w with 5 lines on 12volts, and each line has got 20A... the strange thing is that if I don't put the card the pc run... thanks at all!

negev
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Sounds like an RMA to me :( Wait for one of the Foxconn guys to reply maybe there is a way to diagnose whether it's the board or the Sonar card.

One last thing you could try is disabling the onboard sound in the bios and then put the card in and see what happens.. but it should definitely boot up whether its disabled or not

darkfable
09-20-2008, 03:54 AM
damnation..... but is an card or MB problem? however i wait an support response... :(

darkfable
09-20-2008, 08:59 AM
nobody?

negev
09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
pm Saaya he'll help you ;)

darkfable
09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I've done it..... I hope that someone'll be able to help me, if not the MB will go in RMA, but I should avoid it....

saaya
09-21-2008, 12:44 AM
hi darkfable, welcome to XtremeSystems! :toast:

It sounds like a defective Sonar card...
are you sure you plugged it in correctly?
are any pins bent?
does the card look damaged somehow?

You can contact the shop you bought it from and check if they can replace the sound card, or maybe you can go to the shop and try another soundcard directly in their shop? or they try your soundcard?

otherwise contact the tech support and ask them to replace the sonar card, no need to rma the board as its working fine, right? :)

darkfable
09-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks, I've put well the soun card. and there aren't broke pin, just one that there isn't but i've seen on the manual tha is normal... tha card look in great state, but doesn't work...:(
IMHO is better that I send to the shop all the bundle, also the MB, because if the problem isn't the sound card I just pay an useless ship.... no? However i fell that an RMA is necessary:( thanks to all