PDA

View Full Version : Has a game ever sent you crazy?!

gazmtk
09-18-2008, 02:37 AM
:rolleyes:

Well Grid on Xbox 360 just did, as a result I now have a dead control and a smashed Grid disk infront of me! :up:

now before you come to the conclussion of I suck, every time I tried to race in the final race I was hit and spun! every single time!! regardless of where I was on the track, hell I missed the race line to avoid it, and they were just head hunting me!! now I have the exact game on PC, using a 360 controller, on a higher difficulty aswell, and I dont get this problem! so either its just rigged on 360 or something was up, never the less I showed it how to head hunt properly :yepp: guess I win the war......

So I wanted to start a list of games that send us CRAZY!!
so we can avoid them from here on in! :rofl:

Dalle
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
well ninja gaiden sigma (an upgraded version of the old xbox 1 game), some of the last races in ridge racer 7 and uncharted on crushing (hardest difficulity)
these are all ps3 games.
there are probably also a bunch of older games but those are the most recent ones.

Scubar
09-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Pong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong) should be avoided at all costs.

YukonTrooper
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
My love for Ninja Gaiden quickly became unfathomable hate. I like a challenge but holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing crap.

AngryArtichoke
09-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Ninja Gaiden was excellent. It's a shame that more games aren't challenging like that. I miss the old days where there was only one difficulty setting: F***ing hard!

gazmtk
09-18-2008, 08:57 PM
a good challenge is always great!! it can be frustrating, but its worth it, but when you know your getting the short end of the stick you get upset! like bots in CS back in the day, always got a head shot!!

RAW-Raptor22
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Back in the day (like '03, lol) I could only finish 93/107 races in NFS Underground (PS2), hell I went back to try it last week... still f____ hard... :shakes:

grasskicker509
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
viewtiful joe 2...

Xello
10-02-2008, 10:44 AM
The WCW vs NWO games on the n64.

I was young.. and really into wrestling :D

Scubar
10-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Raptor22;3299575']Back in the day (like '03, lol) I could only finish 93/107 races in NFS Underground (PS2), hell I went back to try it last week... still f____ hard... :shakes:

Wow. That game was so unbelivably easy. NFS Most wanted trying to do a full on chase for 1hr was pretty hard.

gamervivek
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
counter strike,three keyboards and three mice

BreeSpree
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Depends I guess. Do you consider, wake up at 8:00 AM and play till 4:00AM without eating and starting the process over again crazy?
Because that was me, all day 2 summers ago, game name will be censored to prevent flaming.

MomijiTMO
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
First three corners on lap one of any GRID race is so hard. I always get hit from behind on an inside pass.

Games that have driven me mad? Getting licences on GT games drove me right up the wall. Yet you still try and try until you get what you want.

Xello
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Depends I guess. Do you consider, wake up at 8:00 AM and play till 4:00AM without eating and starting the process over again crazy?
Because that was me, all day 2 summers ago, game name will be censored to prevent flaming.

It was Nintendogs, wasn't it?

zanzabar
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Raptor22;3299575']Back in the day (like '03, lol) I could only finish 93/107 races in NFS Underground (PS2), hell I went back to try it last week... still f____ hard... :shakes:

thats and easy game look at tokyo extreme racer 0 if u want a challenge, the last race set u race against 6 evos (fastest cars before u beat the game) and u race 1 get it to half spirit then it refills and the next one comes.... then u have to beat 6 evos with what spirit u have left

spirit is like HP u loose it when u are loosing and when u hit stuff

its also annoying that a skyline specV is slower than the evo until ur +180mph its BS

also FF XII its way to long, way to long its unbearable

Zytek_Fan
10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
:rolleyes:

Well Grid on Xbox 360 just did, as a result I now have a dead control and a smashed Grid disk infront of me! :up:

now before you come to the conclussion of I suck, every time I tried to race in the final race I was hit and spun! every single time!! regardless of where I was on the track, hell I missed the race line to avoid it, and they were just head hunting me!! now I have the exact game on PC, using a 360 controller, on a higher difficulty aswell, and I dont get this problem! so either its just rigged on 360 or something was up, never the less I showed it how to head hunt properly :yepp: guess I win the war......

So I wanted to start a list of games that send us CRAZY!!
so we can avoid them from here on in! :rofl:

Just wait until you go against Ravenwest :rofl:

krogen
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
My love for Ninja Gaiden quickly became unfathomable hate. I like a challenge but holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing crap.

Oh crap, that game cost me at least a bucket of sweat and left me shaking for hours after I played it. I beat it and it was definitely worth it, but damn! Definitely one of the hardest (and most enjoyable) games I have ever played.

UZ7
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I fixed that part of me waayyy back cause I dont think I can afford all the damages lol...

Whenever I play a game that frustrates me I usually take a breather and take a break... do something else and come back to it, most of the time I beat it the second time around when I have a clear mind. And its mostly verbal for me rather than physical lol... I love my controller enough not to throw it at the wall haha.

BreeSpree
10-04-2008, 05:55 AM
It was Nintendogs, wasn't it?

Alright, it was Pokemon Ruby version. Like I would do everything. I would spend full days breeding pokemon, you know, try n' catch em' all. Train my pokemon. I would have collections of different types of pokemon. Then one day I lost the game cartridge. Sucks for me.
:(

godsgifttoearth
10-04-2008, 11:37 AM
the football manager / championship manager series have cost me many mouses, and a tft monitor. i used to get away with punching the crt ones, but flat panels really arnt built to be abused.

Kingcarcas
10-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Dmc3&4.

HDCHOPPER
10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
marriage :rofl:

melanko
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
marriage :rofl:

I'll agree with you there brotha. :ROTF:

Levish
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Final Fantasy 11, nothing like spending 2-3 hours hunting a "notorious monster" for a "low drop rate" item for a cumulative 8 hours and nothing to show for it but some beehive chips. Except of course hunting a 24 respawn monster (only for the hour or so window that the respawn is a possibility), you want nerdrage gentlemen/women ... that'll do it to you

nike
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Dmc3&4.

haha yes, but for me it was dmc3 more than 4. 4 was not as hard, but i played it on my pc with a ps2 controller(speedlink strike). i gotta love these ps2 controller styles :D

some other damn hard games which drove me total crazy were
battletoads in ragnaroks world(oldskool gameboy color)
and
f-zero gx(gamecube)
1 little story to f-zero gx:
i started playing on xmas because i got it from my parents and i played all night long. was pretty cool, but sometime mission #7 appeared(its the damn
hard race against 30other npcs) and i kept and kept playing it but i couldnt get it. since then i only got 1 controller left and nearly smashed my little
cube. games are great, even if they are so fascinating that you forget doing other things ;) i gotta be offline, learnin for tomorrow
good night all

DonInKansas
10-07-2008, 02:34 PM
There was one battle in Final Fantasy Tactics that I could never beat no matter what configuration I tried and how kickass my guys were. I can't remember the exact name; only wanting to pitch myself out a 5 story window.

DoomSayer
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
The WCW vs NWO games on the n64.

I was young.. and really into wrestling :D
I dare you to try TNA Impact.
That game left me shouting like a madman.
My neighbours prolly think im insane.