PDA

View Full Version : Nomega: Colorblind.

MrMojoZ
09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
PARTS:
H2go Case, white powder coated.
Haven't seen many peole using the whitey, I normally use black cases and wanted a diffrent look.

MCR220x2 Radiators.
Figuring out the mounting on these was fun with the case being TC centric. I couldn't pass up the value of two of these for $70.00 though.

MCP355+XPSC Pump+Res Top.
Love the compactness, quietness (I thought it had died after the lines bled ><) and asthetics of this combo.

Primo-flex pro LRT black tubing.
Wow, you'd have to try to make this stuff kink.

Apogee GTZ Cpu Block.
Easy to install if you do it right ><. Great performance.

Bitspower Black Sparkle fittings.
I love the finish on these, beautifully made.

Misc.
Yate Loon Ms on the rad, Ls on the bottom, Distilled+PTNuke, Visiontek 4870 (block soon for phase 2), Biostar TA790GX A2+ and a Phenom 9500. Phase 1 pics up next. :up:

MrMojoZ
09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Case came with un-colored aluminium rivets and normal screws, that stuff had to go. Front shroud is made from the corners of a 80mm fan as mounts and strips of plasticard to form the walls, seems to do the trick. Bottom cable mangement provided by the half opaque case side, good design choice there MM. :up: And yes that is the master pcie16x slot for that motherboard, I don't know why they did that either.

PHASE 1:

Nate P.
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey, white looks good!

j.almonte
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
that blue CCFL and the white color really stand out.
Kepp the good job

Movieman
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I like the look!:up:

Jor3lBR
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Nice Project! Wish you had more detailed pics of construction.

MrMojoZ
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Nice Project! Wish you had more detailed pics of construction.

Yeah that was the original plan, but once the parts came in it was full steam ahead and I didn't stop until it was finished. Took the bigger part of a weekend to get everything done. I had no idea on how those Rads were gonna mount till I had my hands on them, being the wrong fan spacing and all. Some thinking and a trip to the hardware store got it done though. :up:

Tip: Sound dampening material can make ugly dremel cuts go away.

The CCFL is white actually, or as white as those get. Harder to tell in the picture.

And thanks for the comments, I know the build isn't ambitious but I sure like how it is turning out.

CedricFP
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I've got a H2G0 on the way. Looking forward to seeing more pics! I could do with some layout ideas ;)

2low4u
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Looks good MrMojoZ! I also have a white case on the way. It'll be diff though don't worry heheh. I didn't think anyone had the same color. Was the drilling/dremeling very extensive to make the rads bolt in properly?

LogAn'sRun
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
I've got a H2G0 on the way. Looking forward to seeing more pics! I could do with some layout ideas ;)

you went with the MM case? What happened to the LL? Is it import for you?

SORRY TO OP for OffTopic :(

MrMojoZ
10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Looks good MrMojoZ! I also have a white case on the way. It'll be diff though don't worry heheh. I didn't think anyone had the same color. Was the drilling/dremeling very extensive to make the rads bolt in properly?

I didn't have to do any dremmel work to mount the rads aside from making the tube holes in the back larger. You can see my fan grills in the front all use the stock holes. I used long bolts feeding through one of the fans into the rad to mount the rear, and I used my shroud corners as spacing adapters to mount in the front. Single fan mounts on the mcr220s were very solid.

CedricFP
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
you went with the MM case? What happened to the LL? Is it import for you?

SORRY TO OP for OffTopic :(

YGPM :)