PDA

View Full Version : The picture on my screen is offscreen, Please Help! (1080P HDMI)

slim142
09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi

I just bought a new Acer AL2216Wbd 22" HDCP compliant screen. I also bought an HDMI male to DVI female cable to connect my PS3 to the new LCD screen.

However, when video is set to HDMI (audio I put to be sent through AV), I get signal on the screen, but the picture is offscreen.

I can see most of the screen but only until half of the information board, from half of it to the right I cant see. I have tried 480p, 720p and 1080p (1080i says not supported) and they all show signal and I see everything until half the information board. Whatever is to its right side, wont be showed, is like the screen wasnt big enough.

I have it set it to 1680x1050 60Hz and I dont know what I need to do to be able to watch the whole screen. I also tried getting into games but they will also be offscreen.

Any suggestions on what can be going on?

PS3 with last firmware
Acer 2216Wbd 22" HDCP Screen
Belkin PureAV 30feet HDMI to DVI cable

Dave_Sz
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
why do you need a 30ftcable? and i wanna chuckle u spent $150 on the cable, almost what the monitor cost.

did u try the AUTO set thing on ur acer? either way ur going from 16:10 to 16:9 so it will be cut off...

slim142
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
The cable was $65 shipped
Also, HDCP was just a bonus with the screen since I needed to replace the LCD screen from one of my computers, and I wanted to take advantage of this.

I tried reset the monitor, but there is no such thing as fit, scale or format. Oh well I think I can live with this... it wasnt intended for the PS3 anyways...

bullet2urbrain
09-19-2008, 12:17 PM
why do you need a 30ftcable? and i wanna chuckle u spent $150 on the cable, almost what the monitor cost.

did u try the AUTO set thing on ur acer? either way ur going from 16:10 to 16:9 so it will be cut off...

my 25ft HDMI cable was 32 shipped to my house... Its just about finding the correct time and deals. and yes its rated to 1080p.

Cheers :toast:

Glad you are willing to accept that as a solution, i couldnt think of anything useful to add...

slim142
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
my 25ft HDMI cable was 32 shipped to my house... Its just about finding the correct time and deals. and yes its rated to 1080p.

Cheers :toast:

Glad you are willing to accept that as a solution, i couldnt think of anything useful to add...

Where? and what brand?
Mines is a Belkin PureAV and I prefered to buy a HDMI to DVI cable instead of buying two different cables with an adapter even if it was a little cheaper :up:

bullet2urbrain
09-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Where? and what brand?
Mines is a Belkin PureAV and I prefered to buy a HDMI to DVI cable instead of buying two different cables with an adapter even if it was a little cheaper :up:

Will address when sober.