PDA

View Full Version : Question about temps and fans.

crazy8s846
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Frist ive got a E8500 overclocked to 4012, 1.36 volts, northbridge has 1.5 volts, the cpu block is a apogee gt, and a mcw30 in the loop. The ambeint temp is 25c, the ideal temps are cpu 31c, and chipset is 37c, underload the cpu is jumping from 53c-54c, chipset is 41c, are these temp about the norm? I also have a question about the fans on the rad. The rad is a 220 swifhtech. Ive got the two fans that came with it 2100rpm 72.4 cfm pushing, and two ultra kaze 3000rpm 133.6 cfm fans pulling, i just want to make sure it is ok to run the fans in this configuration. Rad is mounted out side the case. Thanks for any help.

crazy8s846
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
So no one there, just looking for a responce, thanks for any help.

AndrewZorn
09-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds at least 'ballpark' normal. The problem is all CPUs are different, all setups are different, and the temperatures you are seeing are probably not as accurate as people would like to think.
What do you mean by 'ideal' temp? 31*C under load is not realistic for a normal water setup. The chipset is going to run kind of hot and it doesn't really matter anyway.
EDIT ok, idle temps. That sounds pretty normal/good. But at 25*C ambient, that's actually REALLY good. You have to realize that idle temperatures, however, are not really important: load is pretty much what you need to worry about, and the difference between idle and load is an indication of good cooling just like the temperatures themselves are.

Push/Pull is fine, but probably not very helpful if that's an MCR220 radiator. It's not really high density enough to benefit from 2100rpm+3000rpm fans per 'spot'.

What pump do you have?

hellcamino
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I got a decent improvement in my gpu loop temps after adding fans on the pull side of my MCR220. Your temps are about right for your setup though.

crazy8s846
09-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Sounds at least 'ballpark' normal. The problem is all CPUs are different, all setups are different, and the temperatures you are seeing are probably not as accurate as people would like to think.
What do you mean by 'ideal' temp? 31*C under load is not realistic for a normal water setup. The chipset is going to run kind of hot and it doesn't really matter anyway.
EDIT ok, idle temps. That sounds pretty normal/good. But at 25*C ambient, that's actually REALLY good. You have to realize that idle temperatures, however, are not really important: load is pretty much what you need to worry about, and the difference between idle and load is an indication of good cooling just like the temperatures themselves are.

Push/Pull is fine, but probably not very helpful if that's an MCR220 radiator. It's not really high density enough to benefit from 2100rpm+3000rpm fans per 'spot'.

What pump do you have?
Idle sorry about that. The load temps 52c-53c it jumps between these two, the pump is a swiftech mcp655. I get the load temps by running prime95. I mean the temp is good for me just wanted to know it was about the norm. Before on air it was 70c under load, so im doing a lot better than before. Yes your right about the fans, but adding the 3000rpm fans only brought the temps down 3c, but that is better than nothing, and they where just setting in my closet anyway, so i figured id use them. Thanks for the reply. So my temps between idle and load go up about 20c is that the norm or is that high. These temps were taken with the latest version of real temp so these are core temps, just to let you know.

Martinm210
09-17-2008, 11:02 PM
You're temps look good. My old E6600 B3 used to load higher than my new Q6600 GO. Also as ambient changes, the efficiency of the processor changes not to mention the water temps. I'll load out my Q6600 to somewhere between 47-51C with a 21C ambient and a quad rad keeping the water a nice 2.5C above ambient. My old E6600 B3 used to run a good 5C more with half the cores and at a slower speed.

crazy8s846
09-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info.