PDA

View Full Version : Decompiler

Natalia
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Anyone know of a really good decompiler?

A research professor has asked me to decompile a simple C file of hers and to do a little debugging on it. As far as resources go, she told me to hit up the web for a good way of doing it.

I know I can do objdump from the shell to get out the assembly, and then use that with gdb; I just didn't know if there was something that wasn't so clunky and awkward.

Thanks in advance!

FrogBite
09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
OllyDbg - Disassembler?

Fungus
09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Ollydbg to just look at it... DASM for simple dead listing, IDApro trial for something a bit more professional.

cx323
09-18-2008, 10:14 PM
you can also try boomerang decompiler. it's not the greatest, but if the c was relatively simple it may be helpful

0xNeFF
09-22-2008, 02:17 AM
What is it exactly that you need from the file ? An windows file format has a wealth of information contained in it, everything from the PE Header to the TSBitStamp. If its a ' C File ' like you said I see no reason why you would need a decompiler ? All you need to do is fire up an IDE that has C support and just read the code manually :)
I suggest you to take a look at the following tools and go discover young grasshoper :

1. PE Explorer
2. OllyDBG
3. HexView

Goodluck.

:0xNeFF:

W1zzard
09-23-2008, 01:49 AM
do you have a c file? or a binary that is the result from compiling some c source code?

idapro is the best by far. yes, you can load linux binaries in the windows version

sambam2006
09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I recommend PE explorer. It is much easier to use and understand compared to OllyDBG.