PDA

View Full Version : He's Back

Silver
07-26-2002, 05:32 PM
This guy is back again and this time his Ti4400 is outrunning Opp's Ti4600/AMD and he is only doing it at 1.5Ghz on a 133 FSB at 300/600 on the vid. Gee and he does'nt know why. Did not know those nforce boards ran that well.;)

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4043497

Over 16,000 this time. BOGUS!

This time he played with it through the Dragothic tests and the first lobby. Musta forgot the high res lobby and the nature. He is I am sure saving those for the next time his score is deleted.:rolleyes:

calantak
07-27-2002, 12:45 AM
:banana::banana::banana::banana:holes like that one, and that athy 1800 mhz cheater push me off first page... :(

MrIcee
07-27-2002, 01:34 AM
My query here would be..if MadOnion has a filter for this type of score that used cheat software....why was this score not filtered out???

Randi:D

sysfailur
07-27-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by MrIcee
My query here would be..if MadOnion has a filter for this type of score that used cheat software....why was this score not filtered out???

Hmm I was unaware they filtered results. The really should keep an eye on these things. :\

Silver
07-27-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by MrIcee

My geuss would be that there is something buggy in the board and that the results as seen by the Madonion software are legit. He really ought to try bumping the bus 1 or 2 notches and go for 20g. Did you notice that the lobby high has a low score as well as nature. Last time I believe it was low around the low dragothic on. The rest of the scores (he ran all tests) do not seem to be in line or even close to the results posted. This would seem to indicate some playing around with the scores as a flat run at stock speeds with those results should have been reflected more or less across most or all of the testing.

mackanz
07-27-2002, 09:34 AM
Look,

MO is making HUGE profit on people like ourselves that keep spending days and weeks just to get that little extra points just to find out that we are pushed out of 1:st, 2:nd or whatever page we have our score on.
Yet MO state that they have "filters" that keeps cheaters from the orb.

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

I know, cheaters are always a step ahead, but we serious benchers can do something about it.

Delete all records you have, get together with all the major forum sites and start a discussion with MO.

There are more benching programs than 3dmark and why not hype another program up instead so that MO finally put some time and efforts to fix this once and for all?

I havenĀ“t even tried to beat my own score, even if i know i have at least 500 points more in the bag, just for this reason.

Regards,

Marcus

scrllock
07-27-2002, 11:40 AM
What other benchmark? Other ones can be faked too, as shown with glexcess. Yet it does sound like a good ideo to switch. But to what?

MrIcee
07-27-2002, 05:19 PM
Sys:)

Apparently they supposedly have a filter for faked results...this was the reason given by DJ for JCViggens scores being pulled down, although they didn't exactly toot there horn about it(filter) in correspondance to me. My point being....we busted our ass to get JC's score reinstated...and his was in line as far as numbers and legitmacy....but yet...this blatantly false score reported in this thread doesn't get filtered, or second guessed without everybody :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:ing to them about it.:mad:

Silver
07-27-2002, 05:34 PM
It's irritating as Hxxx when you test out, pushing to the limit on new parts that hopefully have been well selected with money you do not have in order to show off your system on a common benching. How many times has the soldering iron been taken to the new whatever in order to see if the megabuck component can perform a little better. How many hours tweaking and reading and tweaking to pull another 50 points. Finally you are on the first page and some nit wit comes in and puts up blatantly false scores. That in itself is no problem however for MO to leave them up knowing full well they are false and to continue to accept them from the same partie is kind of ridiculous. Now I suspect that those of us who use MO are not the money end for them however the advertising that we unwittingly do for them has a great deal of value and does represent a substantial dollar value. Think about it, if all started using another service as a bench and touted them all over the net. I suspect that this would cost MO something in lost revenue. The least they could do is monitor the scores a little more closely, especially blatantly BAD ones.

Bulldog
07-28-2002, 07:20 AM
The only bench that I do not think can be breached by software (YET) is code creatures ...ponder this when the dell bug hit no action was taken for months ....some mags + sites even posted dell's scores as gospel...their sales went nuts..do a search thru orb and look how many dells there are this year...and a lot of people got burned...it's all about the money always has always will be if you think otherwise your being foolish...Randi when jc incident happened I search the ENTIRE DISCUSSION FORUM on 3d01 back 18 pages NOT one mention of FILTER, NOT 1, makes ya wonder certain MO posters are considered O/C Gods and with exception of macci most are highly CRITICAL of any good score, when a guy I have been following hit 13800 about 2 months ago a certain "intel" guru cried that it's all about $$ no skill, buy the best and beat the best etc etc etc....until he got a 2.53...and my friend got over 40 hate emails from onions about "buying" score. ( along with quite a few postive ones:cool: ) The power of a select certain few over whats considered legit is amazing...thank god macci seems fair...otherwise it would be a 4 man show

Raptor
07-29-2002, 05:22 AM
it was a fake, i told the admins to delete the score and it's okay now!